Harrogate RA v Darlington: Highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TFDM
Team Supported: Darlington

Harrogate RA v Darlington: Highlights

Post by TFDM » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:19 pm

lo36789

Re: Harrogate RA v Darlington: Highlights

Post by lo36789 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Just saw the highlights, suppose it shows how difficult it is to judge a game from them.

Observations...

Pitch - my that was bobbly wasn't it! I don't actualy know how Tom Portas,Nelson Mota and Thompson kept control of it when running because it was reminiscent of Akpo Sodje - ball bouncing every which way but somehow they seem to just judge the bobbles.

Their keeper looked awful! It wasn't just the Galbraith goal from the edge of the box a few others it looked like he could have made a better effort with but seemed very reluctant to dive.

The highlights weren't that glowing on Hatch I thought. The reviews from the game will be a better reflection on his whole performance but they seemed to run through him a few times on the highlights. I don't think defenders can ever come off that well on highlights though - watching attacks being cut out/headed clear over and over again wouldn't really meet the definition.

Armstrong looked immense. How good is he at winning free kicks off defenders using his body - and then whsn he catches the ball nothing is given. Joking aside defenders in this league can't cope with him, he absolutely dominates them.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:03 pm

In regards to Hatch his first half was a challenge, the Harrogate forward Farquarson gave him a tough game but his 2nd half he seemed to win everything and became very dominant.

Armstrong had an excellent game and dominated the defenders against him.

Jeff Jones

Post by Jeff Jones » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Personally, I thought that Mr. Hatch played a blinder.
His challenges were always 100%, his positioning excellent and his assistance to less experienced players most commendable.