Match updates

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Twintowers
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Match updates

Post by Twintowers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
TS3 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:You're there to watch a game of football; everything else is secondary.
Sorry, if this is the case then why do clubs bother with anything aside from entry to the ground.
That's not what he's saying. The point is that people shouldn't be getting so wound up about it, to the point where they are (allegedly) abusing others at the game, or slating the other club on a messageboard.

There are some people who seem more bothered about whether they can get a pre-match pint or a burger at the game, rather than the football itself.

I've not got anything against food etc at matches, but surely the football is the most important thing.
Spot on.It must be awful to go a whole afternoon without chewing on a manky horse burger.We need to realise that we ain't going to Sid James Park or the Stadium of Shite every other week.This is lower league football with lower league standards.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:18 pm

SFG wrote:Anyone know what happened to the guy who was lying on the ground on the road above the ground. Was taken to hospital by ambulance before game?
I was wondering this, we drove past in our taxi with the ambulance not far behind us.

Hope the fan is ok, havent seen it mentioned by either club

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Righteo. Match day experience is vital at any level. They exacerbated the situation and have to shoulder some of the blame. Just because one fan can turn up and be fed and watered elsewhere doesn't mean another should wait for 30-45mins for a pint. Then for a piss. Then for a burger.

Yes we have a few knobheads but the queues around the ground were just not making anyone happy. When you think of the money at the top end of the club aswell it is even harder to see how it came across as tinpot.

Nevermind. Over and done with. Onto the next 10+ win streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:08 pm

TDS wrote:Righteo. Match day experience is vital at any level.
Vital to what exactly?

Get a fucking grip man.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Finally got round to putting up my blog from yesterdays game.

https://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2015/ ... for-darlo/

On the whole not a good day.

For me in terms of the 'fans' incidents, there can be no excuse, hopefully everything that can be done is to prevent any further events like it .

Bring on next weekend

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:56 pm

Football club chairwoman criticises unruly Darlington fans who "ruined it for everyone else"

Story on the Echo site

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... ryone_else_/
FORZA DARLO

divas

Post by divas » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

the smaller stand on the other side has been totally ruined.
Hard to believe given this was nothing more than an ancient rickety cow shed, I'd say the only way it could be "totally ruined" is if it was actually pulled down, and I'm pretty sure it was still standing when I left.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
TDS wrote:Righteo. Match day experience is vital at any level.
Vital to what exactly?

Get a fucking grip man.
Aye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:54 pm

loan_star wrote:
davidcorks 40yard OG wrote: But Alan White is a fucking disgrace ,needs releasing asap,complete liabiity guaranteed 20 bookings a season cos he cant keep his mouth shut...
Congratulations on posting the biggest pile of bollocks I've read on this message board in years.
Ahem :think:

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
loan_star wrote:
davidcorks 40yard OG wrote: But Alan White is a fucking disgrace ,needs releasing asap,complete liabiity guaranteed 20 bookings a season cos he cant keep his mouth shut...
Congratulations on posting the biggest pile of bollocks I've read on this message board in years.
Ahem :think:
He got booked for 2 fouls, neither were dissent

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 pm

That might be the case but he still got sent-off. Ray Simpson said during the first half that White was constantly trying to have verbal with the referee.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:10 pm

he's done it for 20 years. If he didn't shout people would criticise, if he does then people will critise.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 pm

White has shown he wont change his mind set, we either accept that or he does not play, still the best CB around when he wants to be., I'm sure his reputation precedes him & the officials are looking for his verbal, I don't doubt his passion for the club.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:That might be the case but he still got sent-off. Ray Simpson said during the first half that White was constantly trying to have verbal with the referee.
Maybe he should try a bit of oral instead.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:08 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:White has shown he wont change his mind set, we either accept that or he does not play, still the best CB around when he wants to be., I'm sure his reputation precedes him & the officials are looking for his verbal, I don't doubt his passion for the club.

I don't doubt your passion for the club BGS - I wouldn't want you playing in defence though.

We're going to get some really big games coming up and White will either be banned, or we'll all be on tenterhooks wondering if he can stay on the pitch.

Question - why doesn't Gray take him off when he gets his first yellow card?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:White has shown he wont change his mind set, we either accept that or he does not play, still the best CB around when he wants to be., I'm sure his reputation precedes him & the officials are looking for his verbal, I don't doubt his passion for the club.

I don't doubt your passion for the club BGS - I wouldn't want you playing in defence though.

We're going to get some really big games coming up and White will either be banned, or we'll all be on tenterhooks wondering if he can stay on the pitch.

Because he's still our best defender. Not rocket science.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Agreed - when he's on the pitch.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:34 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Good question, when you look to the bench there is normally only Hatch he can bring on and MG always seems reluctant to use him unless we're in dire straights or winning easily, to be fair White has only been red carded twice so odds are he will not get a second yellow