well,well

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: well,well

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:30 am

joejaques wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:It's all part of a master plan to develop a thugs academy in the area... yeah right :?
Edited for you. :roll:
Seriously ramsbottom were not a team of thugs!? Your memory is completely tainted by one tackle.
Neil Johnson wrote:Hull tried to buy promotion with multiple signings & team shuffling years ago and it ended in tears.

With Manchester United's protected status with refs the new ex MUFC coaches are likely to favour bad tackles, as they never got punished in the past.

Even the poor NPL refs should spot the culprits and dish out the cards.
I don't even know what you are on about. Is this some sort of random reference to Steve Bruce?

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 am

lo36789 wrote:
joejaques wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:It's all part of a master plan to develop a thugs academy in the area... yeah right :?
Edited for you. :roll:
Seriously ramsbottom were not a team of thugs!? Your memory is completely tainted by one tackle.
Neil Johnson wrote:Hull tried to buy promotion with multiple signings & team shuffling years ago and it ended in tears.

With Manchester United's protected status with refs the new ex MUFC coaches are likely to favour bad tackles, as they never got punished in the past.

Even the poor NPL refs should spot the culprits and dish out the cards.
I don't even know what you are on about. Is this some sort of random reference to Steve Bruce?
Have you forgotten the incident when Ramsbottom players went to the game at Radcliffe last season.
.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/radcliffe-football-brawl-radcliffe-borough-6867303

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:58 pm

In December Ramsbottom were bottom of the Northern Premier League's Fair Play Awards League with 43 bookings and NINE sendings-off in 25 games. They also featured in a major bust-up during a cup game against Salford in which joint manager Antony Johnson shoved Sam Madeley to the deck and was sent to the stands.

I think it's fair to say that the former Ramsbottom management pair like to encourage shall we say a "physical" approach. I think we may well see some evidence of this on Saturday as they try to knock us out of our stride.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Knock being the operative word

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:58 pm

LoidLucan wrote:In December Ramsbottom were bottom of the Northern Premier League's Fair Play Awards League with 43 bookings and NINE sendings-off in 25 games. They also featured in a major bust-up during a cup game against Salford in which joint manager Antony Johnson shoved Sam Madeley to the deck and was sent to the stands.

I think it's fair to say that the former Ramsbottom management pair like to encourage shall we say a "physical" approach. I think we may well see some evidence of this on Saturday as they try to knock us out of our stride.
Johnson is currently in the middle of a 5 match touchline ban for that incident I believe. I did notice on the Ramsbottom and Salford forums comments on how the management team do seem to encourage more yellow/red cards than most, although largely put down to there passionate approach to the game.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I did notice on the Ramsbottom and Salford forums comments on how the management team do seem to encourage more yellow/red cards than most, although largely put down to there passionate approach to the game.

Worked well last Saturday :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Lets be honest. Any result in salford and the title is ours unless we implode and thats not going to happen. If we lose its game on.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:08 pm

I am expecting quite a physical game against a physical side..I just hope that our players are ready for it and that the referee is up to it.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:09 pm

I should also say that I hope Whitey keeps himself in check....Big ask that mind.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:32 pm

LoidLucan wrote:In December Ramsbottom were bottom of the Northern Premier League's Fair Play Awards League with 43 bookings and NINE sendings-off in 25 games. They also featured in a major bust-up during a cup game against Salford in which joint manager Antony Johnson shoved Sam Madeley to the deck and was sent to the stands.

The Sam madeley that plays for Salford and is now manager by johnson