DARLO vs TEAMS IN THE CURRENT PREMIER LEAGUE

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Makka Pakka
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLO vs TEAMS IN THE CURRENT PREMIER LEAGUE

Post by Makka Pakka » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:35 pm

HurworthMan wrote:Darlo v Manchester United at Feethams 26 November 1990.

....well it was an early round of the FA Youth Cup, so doesn't really count. The score from memory was 8 or 9 - 0. What is well remembered is that a 16 year old Ryan Giggs scored 5 of them. so that rather gives away which team won!

Sean Gregan played for Quakers and Simon Davies for United. Can't recall any other names of those yet to make their mark who turned out. Nevilles, Beckham, Scholes etc were not yet on the scene.
Thought it was 6-0 or 6-1.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 am

dickdarlington wrote:In the first City game we should have had a penalty in the 90th minute when Oliver got flattened in the box. Right in front of the Tin Shed. I can still see it clear to this day. B*****d ref!
I remember it was Andy Morrison who took him out. He'd already felt the warmth of the shed after he punched Preecey during a corner. I remember that as I politely told him he was a donkey and he spat at me!!

Saw him at a Witton Albion game last year and asked him about that game. He was still a b##lend about it.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:07 am

Makka Pakka wrote:

....well it was an early round of the FA Youth Cup, so doesn't really count. The score from memory was 8 or 9 - 0. What is well remembered is that a 16 year old Ryan Giggs scored 5 of them. so that rather gives away which team won!

Sean Gregan played for Quakers and Simon Davies for United. Can't recall any other names of those yet to make their mark who turned out. Nevilles, Beckham, Scholes etc were not yet on the scene.
Thought it was 6-0 or 6-1.

6-2 i think

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 am

i think it was 6-2 and i dont think giggs scored more than 1 if i remember rightly

Luvlee Ellison got a game and scored for us as well