northern echo arena

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakers123
Team Supported: Darlington

northern echo arena

Post by quakers123 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:45 pm

?? no feed back on the blackwell move,just been told that mowden
rugby are down too there last million not surprised and for that reason they have asked darlington fc if they want to ground share as anyone else any info to add to this,might be nice if we could keep all the found raising money and buy some really good players

davidcorks 40yard OG

Re: northern echo arena

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 am

quakers123 wrote:?? no feed back on the blackwell move,just been told that mowden
rugby are down too there last million not surprised and for that reason they have asked darlington fc if they want to ground share as anyone else any info to add to this,might be nice if we could keep all the found raising money and buy some really good players
100 % pure bullshit :lol: Lay off the white star ffs

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:12 am

quakers123 wrote:?? no feed back on the blackwell move
Yes, terrible isn't it? Oh, wait...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27511
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:46 pm

:crazy: :wtf: :silent: :roll:

I didn't think a new level of f*cktardery could ever be reached on this board, but congratulations quakers123 you have somehow raised the bar once again. :thumbup:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Darlo dont want to get involved with MPRFC, they have their own shady history.

The stadium was deteriorating badly after just a few years, so we wouldn't want to pay the price for fixing any more of Reynold's screw-ups.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 pm

The steelwork around the stadium is meant to be painted every 10 years at least to prevent the structure from rusting away since GR used cheap steel. Mowden don't seem to have bothered, plenty of rust appearing all over. Makes you wonder how they got the safety certificate passed.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:50 pm

loan_star wrote:The steelwork around the stadium is meant to be painted every 10 years at least to prevent the structure from rusting away since GR used cheap steel. Mowden don't seem to have bothered, plenty of rust appearing all over. Makes you wonder how they got the safety certificate passed.
Reminds me of this....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4491645.stm

I suppose we'll never really know how it was allowed to open. :shh:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

footifan

Post by footifan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:09 am

loan_star wrote:The steelwork around the stadium is meant to be painted every 10 years at least to prevent the structure from rusting away since GR used cheap steel. Mowden don't seem to have bothered, plenty of rust appearing all over. Makes you wonder how they got the safety certificate passed.

All steel will rust unless treated or painted.
As for cheap steel : Do you mean he bought well or the steel used did not meet the specification of the approved plans & that the building inspectors missed it ?
Structural steel is usually certified & has to be good for purpose especially in a grandstand / stadium holding the public... I doubt even Georgy could get around that one.

Haji el Maveric

Post by Haji el Maveric » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Let it rust away and collapse. Best thing for it.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Haji el Maveric wrote:Let it rust away and collapse. Best thing for it.
Why?.Mowden Park seem to be making a decent job of running the place.Just because our esteemed leaders made a bollox of it why wish any misfortune on the rugby boys?

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Twintowers wrote:
Haji el Maveric wrote:Let it rust away and collapse. Best thing for it.
Why?.Mowden Park seem to be making a decent job of running the place.Just because our esteemed leaders made a bollox of it why wish any misfortune on the rugby boys?
I'm beginning to agree with this. It shows our esteemed leaders for the muppets they were.

The Love Slug

Post by The Love Slug » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:06 pm

It hurts more and more when I see that the stadium can be made to work and go some way towards paying for itself, and although I can't wait to get to Blackwell meadows and be a team in Darlington again, I can't help thinking what an amazing facility we had, if only we could have made it work and built the club up around it.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Piss poor management throughout our time there...With the possible exception of one year under Stuart Davies
He is a very nice gentleman as well.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 am

Even with a smarter commercial chief, we needed good performances on the pitch.

Most Arena seasons had Darlo struggling in a sterile environment, with no stimulus from cup runs.

We have a better chance to get steady and sustainable improvements on all fronts with the present set-up.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:22 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
Most Arena seasons had Darlo struggling in a sterile environment, with no stimulus from cup runs.
Apart from the three consecutive seasons finishing 8th, and the season we finished in the play offs, and the season we were odds on for automatic promotion, and the season that we won the FA Trophy as well as just missing out on the play offs.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 am

Quakerz wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
Apart from the three consecutive seasons finishing 8th, and the season we finished in the play offs, and the season we were odds on for automatic promotion, and the season that we won the FA Trophy as well as just missing out on the play offs.
Thanks Quakerz :) that made me laugh :)

I thought that if our owners spent more time trying to maximise what we had, rather than trying to get extra land/make pie in the sky plans etc then we would have made a much better go of making it work.

All water under the bridge now, we are where we are, and its up to us to make it work.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:08 am

Quakerz wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
Should have made the play offs that season imo, if we hadnt put out reserve sides in the last 5 games of the season we would have done as well.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 am

Quakerz wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
That's what I thought too. The first couple of years at the Arena were tough on the pitch, but after that pretty reasonable until the very end.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:27 am

My last great memory of the Arena is in spymans signature, DC stated that with some confidence and a short time later we left!

At the very least it brought a touch of humour to a dire situation.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 pm

quaker4life wrote:My last great memory of the Arena is in spymans signature, DC stated that with some confidence and a short time later we left!

He hasnt shown his face much since, another one who turned his back on the club in our darkest hour. He prefers to sit and watch the premiershite in the Shuttle and Loom these days, a bit hypocritical since he detests anything that Murdoch is involved with.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:28 pm

loan_star wrote:
quaker4life wrote:My last great memory of the Arena is in spymans signature, DC stated that with some confidence and a short time later we left!

He hasnt shown his face much since
He must be busy finding facts.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:03 pm

loan_star wrote:

He hasnt shown his face much since, another one who turned his back on the club in our darkest hour. He prefers to sit and watch the premiershite in the Shuttle and Loom these days, a bit hypocritical since he detests anything that Murdoch is involved with.
I haven't seen or heard of him since the West Auckland fiasco a couple of seasons ago, I understand why he'd avoid this board though he certainly won't ever live that "Ban Quakerz" thread down.

AJ Bell's report on his open trial at Luton Town on the old rivals board takes some beating though!

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:15 pm

loan_star wrote:

In our darkest hour I thought he did quite a lot? got involved in the open day etc, but seemed to disappear after sometime after a post in the off topic area I think? was it about the armed forces in Germany etc? (I could be getting people, posts and forums mixed up though)

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 pm

loan_star wrote:

Hypocritical? Darlo Cockney? I don't believe you!

That guy was an utter, utter, tosser - and one of the thickest people I've ever met.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC