Evo-stick officials

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Evo-stick officials

Post by divas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Need to get their arses in gear and get some of these games re-arranged.

We've had at least 2 games waiting to be re-arranged for more than a month now. We could have had those games played. Instead they now add to the other 4 games we have to get in in an even shorter period.

dickdarlington

Re: Evo-stick officials

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:41 pm

I seem to recall they don't rearrange matches for January because the weather is too unpredictable. I guess they'll wait until the end of the month and then assess all of the games to fit in, and when best to arrange for the benefit of all teams. As frustrating as it is, it makes sense

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Didn't the Northwich game get canned in October?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Nov 16th

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Wasn't the Kendal game re-arranged on the same day? Why was that one done so quick while the others haven't been?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:01 am

mikkyx wrote:Wasn't the Kendal game re-arranged on the same day? Why was that one done so quick while the others haven't been?
I suppose both clubs had that weekend free and agreed it between each other, but it would've been better to take that weekend for a re-arranged home game and tell Kendal to go and fuck themselves.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Theres no accounting for blazers, but maybe they use some long range weather forecasting and see which clubs are still in cup competitions, as called off games are a massive cost burden for all of the clubs that have tiny gate revenues.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Following the debacle of the Kendal game I emailed the League with my thoughts and asked for their comments. No reply or acknowledgement to my original e mail or to my follow up a week later.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:00 pm

feethamslad wrote:Following the debacle of the Kendal game I emailed the League with my thoughts and asked for their comments. No reply or acknowledgement to my original e mail or to my follow up a week later.
Why comment on something they can have no control over, either then or in the future.

You might as well have e-mailed the owner of Kendal's burger van with your thoughts on the debacle.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:13 am

lo36789 wrote:
feethamslad wrote:Following the debacle of the Kendal game I emailed the League with my thoughts and asked for their comments. No reply or acknowledgement to my original e mail or to my follow up a week later.
Why comment on something they can have no control over, either then or in the future.

You might as well have e-mailed the owner of Kendal's burger van with your thoughts on the debacle.
I was asking for information on the League rules on refunds for abandoned matches - something that the Legaue clearly has control over.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:10 pm

feethamslad wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

I was asking for information on the League rules on refunds for abandoned matches - something that the Legaue clearly has control over.
The fact is that Kendal did what they were entitled to, the same as we did for the Warrington game.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 pm

shawry wrote:
feethamslad wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

The fact is that Kendal did what they were entitled to, the same as we did for the Warrington game.

Which is fine (though I'm annoyed that I will not be able to attend the rearranged match - I have since given my revalidated ticket to someone that can attend). However, no excuse for the League to neither acknowledge nor respond to a genuine query.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:31 am

shawry wrote:
feethamslad wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

It's not quite the same though is it, it's not like we refused to play

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:04 am

I wrote to them re the warrington thing and it took ages for them to get back to me with a one paragraph, pre-prepared reply.

I got the impression that "The League" is - one little old chap, working part time, out of an unheated shed, on the outskirts of Heckmondflatcapdyke.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:32 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

I wrote to them re the warrington thing and it took ages for them to get back to me with a one paragraph, pre-prepared reply.

I got the impression that "The League" is - one little old chap, working part time, out of an unheated shed, on the outskirts of Heckmondflatcapdyke.
Oi! - I live in Heckmonflatcapdyke :-)

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:27 pm

charlie wrote:
shawry wrote:
feethamslad wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

It's not quite the same though is it, it's not like we refused to play
Its exactly the same, the game started, and was stopped before it was finished.

Away supporters are generally hit hardest with these sort of things though, as a lot of the time you are unable to attend the rearranged game.

We would have done exactly what Kendal did, at the end of the day, those that did attend will get the opportunity to see the full game, with the Warrington game, despite us being awarded the game, I feel a bit cheated in that I paid for a full game, and only got a third.

I'm not saying we could have, or should have done anything differently, its Warrington that has annoyed me.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:49 pm

shawry wrote:I feel a bit cheated in that I paid for a full game, and only got a third.

I'm not saying we could have, or should have done anything differently, its Warrington that has annoyed me.
My thoughts too.

In any other business where you pay for something and only get a third you would do something about it, but it wasn't the club's fault and they too were messed about and most likely lost money.

I really hope the away game goes to plan.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:34 pm

It's not though, Warrington refused to come out n play whereas both teams were on the pitch that day. Because Warrington broke the rules that's why we were awarded the points.

The Kendal match has to be replayed because officially no rules were broken it was match abandoned due to the weather and state of the pitch

I can't go to the replay I've got a 12 hr shift so I do see where your coming from with both games however I really don't think they can be compared