Todays games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

RUMPLESTILTSKIN
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Todays games

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:44 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:Cartman scored a hattrick today in a friendly against Billingham, not a bad start regardless
Good news, can't wait to see him hit the net for us.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:51 pm

What was the score?

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 pm

i think there is going to be a big twist to this league.
my top 3 come end of season
1st spenny
2nd salford
3rd darlo

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:21 pm

polarbear wrote:i think there is going to be a big twist to this league.
1st spenny
2nd salford
3rd darlo
Dissagree we may have a lot of matches to play but i still think we are strong favorites to go up

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm

1st spenny
2nd salford
3rd darlo
Banter :wtf:
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Now let me see, this is Darlo. Which scenario is the most likely? A smooth and glorious run to the title, sweeping all aside.... or an alarming wobble or two, leaving us tearing our hair out until the last ball is kicked. Gulp :?
Based on recent history, the former.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:17 pm

I think people need to take a step back and chill out about these fixtures. Yes it's not ideal. But there's still two free Saturdays to fill. And there are no midweek games arranged at present. The games to fit in will still see our run in have less of a frequency than our fixtures at the start of the season.

Add to that the confidence we must have in our players. They're more than capable of playing twice a week for a few weeks.

Finally, has anyone thought we might be better off having this break. The pitches will be better in a few weeks time, which is more conducive to how we try to play the game.

My only concern is when the balance of when the games get arranged. Do we want more midweek away games? Which means more travelling for the lads. Of to have them at home. Which will see Lower attendances.

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:45 pm

to be fair, the only teams to challenge darlington, are spennymoor and salford, i do believe spennymoor will go on a good run now, we have played most the top teams

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:48 pm

I personally don't think Spennymoor are good enough to finish in the top 2, I may be wrong of course. Fairly certain that they'll be comfortably in the play offs though.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:53 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:I personally don't think Spennymoor are good enough to finish in the top 2, I may be wrong of course. Fairly certain that they'll be comfortably in the play offs though.
We all may be very interested in the 4th April fixture - Salford v Spenny, when it comes around.

Going to be an interesting end of the season.

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:18 pm

may i also add, spenny have played 2 games less at home than darlo, and 3 less than salford

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:22 pm

polarbear wrote:may i also add, spenny have played 2 games less at home than darlo, and 3 less than salford
To be honest, we generally play better away from home as teams open up and attack us more. So personally I have no real issue with us having more games away than home, in fact I think it will work in our favour.

Happy your confident that Spenny will win the league, I am happy for Darlo just to quietly go about our business....well when we restart our season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm not too concerned at the moment, as long as we only have one midweek game a week, then our players should be able to cope. When will a decision be made by the league as to when these re-arranged games are due to be played?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:20 pm

polarbear wrote:may i also add, spenny have played 2 games less at home than darlo, and 3 less than salford
You may add stuff all day long my arctic chum, however one little thing that seems to be eluding you is this - you have been beaten twice already by Darlo this season, your squad contains players that couldn't get a regular game at Darlo, and you simply are not as good a team as Darlo because of that.

Therefore, thinking that you will somehow catch a team that you are inferior to, is irrational.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Quakerz wrote: your squad contains players that couldn't get a regular game at Darlo,
And your squad contains players that would not get a game at spenny, i think, if you put the 2 squads together and asked the 2 managers to pick the best 11, then in that 11, it would contain more spenny players than darlo

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:31 pm

polarbear wrote:
Quakerz wrote: your squad contains players that couldn't get a regular game at Darlo,
And your squad contains players that would not get a game at spenny, i think, if you put the 2 squads together and asked the 2 managers to pick the best 11, then in that 11, it would contain more spenny players than darlo
I know I'm biting here, but it has to be said......you sir must be on drugs!

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:34 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
polarbear wrote:
I know I'm biting here, but it has to be said......you sir must be on drugs!

I think it's glue!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:14 pm

polarbear wrote:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So you're suggesting your manager (and ours) are clueless?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:44 pm

1st spenny
2nd salford
3rd darlo
polarbear wrote:And your squad contains players that would not get a game at spenny, i think, if you put the 2 squads together and asked the 2 managers to pick the best 11, then in that 11, it would contain more spenny players than darlo

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:20 pm

polarbear wrote:

:wtf:
How did Spenny do at Scarborough away???
Plenty more points Spenny will drop no doubt and us as well but as I'm a betting man there is no doubt we will finish above Spenny.
Whether we will win the league or not is another thing but it is between us and Salford now. :wave:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:22 pm

polarbear wrote:i think, if you put the 2 squads together and asked the 2 managers to pick the best 11, then in that 11, it would contain more spenny players than darlo
:lol: :lol: :lol:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Yep Spenny Town have won 2 league games in a row and all of a sudden they are champions elect.

Even the "North Korean Republic of Spenny Town Forum" has them working discussing how they will win the league.

Good old Spen at least confirming our position as his (Jeremy Kyle) friends.
http://www.spennymoortownfc.co.uk/forum ... f=2&t=4066

I have said all along they will be in the top 3 and may have a say in how the league goes but they will need to get to about 95 points I reckon to win the league. This means they can drop about 6 points from now until the end of the season, which is a tough order. That's the problem when chasing down two teams, one is possible but two is very difficult.

That's a run of P19 W17 D0 L2 or P19 W16 D3 L0, which both would be fantastic form. Salford are in the same boat but as they have played most the top teams on paper they would have a good chance of this type of form.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:01 pm

From that thread - Spen's on fire with this insight

"The way Spennymoor will finish above other sides is by getting more points than them. The way we finish below them is by getting less points than them."

:lol:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:03 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:From that thread - Spen's on fire with this insight

"The way Spennymoor will finish above other sides is by getting more points than them. The way we finish below them is by getting less points than them."

Yep and the best advice is don't talk about what might happen because we won't know until it happens.

I guess that means we should have no threads unless it's a game that has finished, Mikky should delete the prediciton league or maybe change it to a results league where we all add the results in after the game. :lol:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:25 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:From that thread - Spen's on fire with this insight

:shock:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:46 am

polarbear wrote: And your squad contains players that would not get a game at spenny, i think, if you put the 2 squads together and asked the 2 managers to pick the best 11, then in that 11, it would contain more spenny players than darlo
All of our players would get a game at Spenny.

Jameson - Ainsley tried to sign him in the summer, because he's better than your goalkeepers. He'd get in your team.

Hunter and White are better than your central defenders - see the goals against column for evidence. Joe Tait who plays for you would have been 4th choice here after Hunter, White, and Brown.

Ian Watson dropped a league to be at Darlo, he's a better player than Capper who has done nowt against Darlo.

Gary Brown would walk into your team due to his leadership qualities, attitude, and ability to play very, very well at either centre back or right back.

Portas is the best centre midfielder in the league therefore no Spenny midfielder can be better than him by virtue of that fact, and so he'd walk into your team. You can go on all day about the likes of Dodds and Peacock, they've never got a kick against Darlo.

Thompson is the best player outside of the Conference therefore he'd walk into the Spennymoor team by virtue of the fact that no Spenny player can be better than him.

Mitchell again is an excellent winger or midfielder, if the opportunity arose to sign him you'd have him for sure.

Armstrong - say no more. Proven goalscorer up to Conference level, better than any forward on your books - first name on your team sheet son. You can talk about Henderson all day long, he's played in the league (but then so have Hatch and White and Dowson and Thompson) but he's never scored many goals above this level. Armstrong has.

Dowson and Purewal - ripped you to shreds at the Brewery Field. You'd love to have them. I won't mention Cartman because I don't know anything about him other than he's scored more goals than all of your forwards put together.

The fact that Fisher and Tait are regulars for you tells the story about the difference between the two teams. Don't get me wrong, they are good players, and you do have lots of good players, but our players are just better.

Ex Darlo players you've had in your squad in the last 12 months...Dan Groves, Chris Mason, Paul Johnson, Joe Tait, Anthony Peacock, John McReady, Nathan Fisher, Andy Johnson, Ian Ward.

I wouldn't take many Spenny players. Not because I don't rate them, but because I think we already have better or equivalent players in all positions.
Last edited by Quakerz on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:18 am

For anybody who thinks Spen will top the league, then just look at the bookies odds. Bookies dont like giving money away. We are 3/5 best. Salford 2/1, Northwich 7/1 and Spen 33/1. If you really think they have a chance then pile in.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 am

1. Darlo
2. Salford
3. Northwitch
4. Spendymoor
5. Farsley

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:50 pm

swadquaker wrote:For anybody who thinks Spen will top the league, then just look at the bookies odds. Bookies dont like giving money away. We are 3/5 best. Salford 2/1, Northwich 7/1 and Spen 33/1. If you really think they have a chance then pile in.

Last week Bookies still had Bishop Auckland at 20/1 to win this season's FA Vase despite the fact they had been knocked out some round(s) previously.

I am not sure the bookies spend a lot of time / effort on the odds for Leagues / Compeetitions below the conference

Having said that, realistically Darlington are hot favourites to win this division. It is theirs unless they throw it away, which seems unlikely

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Spen. I cant believe you are agreeing with me. As I said they dont give money away. And if anybody is stupid enough to back a team at 20/1 when they are alraedy out then the bookies will say ta very much. Interestingly they rate Spenny as having less chance than somebody who has alraedy been knocked out. Bookies cant afford to give odds that dont favour them as even in the lower leages there are plenty of punters looking for a fast buck.