Match off

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

roadrunner
Team Supported: Darlington

Match off

Post by roadrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Match off

darlo reborn

Re: Match off

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 pm

is that official by the ref ??

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Yes

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Ffs

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:10 pm

This fixture backlog is gonna cost us a reasonable chance of winning the league

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 pm

al_quaker wrote:This fixture backlog is gonna cost us a reasonable chance of winning the league
It's a big problem now. I think Warrington have even caught up with us now re games played. It seems we're cursed.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Are Darlington responsible for the travel costs of the opposition as they had travelled before the game was called off?

If they are, it seems unfair on Darlington after an earlier pitch inspection gave the go ahead.

If Prescott have to shoulder the costs, then it seems a bit unfair on them.

Either way its a significant cost to one of the clubs.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 pm

I think we might have to pay for their travel costs, which is brutal.

I take it was a local ref you gave it the go ahead this morning?

Wonder if Bishop had any say in this, sure they won't have been to keen for it to go ahead

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Sidarlo wrote:I think we might have to pay for their travel costs, which is brutal.

I take it was a local ref you gave it the go ahead this morning?

Wonder if Bishop had any say in this, sure they won't have been to keen for it to go ahead
Just wow.

Bishop colluding to get our games called off.

Step away from the keyboard and calm down.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 pm

I wasn't accusing them at all jesus.

I was just saying if it was a close call they wouldn't have wanted it on. Not that they would ever have a say

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Bishop groundsman is a joke
Keep off my pitch no digging no sand he said just let it dry natural, no work on during the week. Bring back tommo ?
I am going to chuck a bag of worms over the fence every day for the next 2 weeks.

jonn

Post by jonn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Feethams, Arena, Heritage Park, are we ever going to get a pitch that's playable in winter? ... Anybody any idea what the drainage at Blackwell Meadows is like?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:12 pm

jonn wrote:Feethams, Arena, Heritage Park, are we ever going to get a pitch that's playable in winter? ... Anybody any idea what the drainage at Blackwell Meadows is like?
Piss poor at the bottom end corner near the car park :?

coppedout

Post by coppedout » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Having invested in Cartman surely we should invest in one of these to try and aid drying out the pitch at Heritage Parkn and for the move to Blackwell. Hopefully latter will drain better when relaid in may. :oops: :evil: :thumbdown:
http://www.pitchcare.com/shop/water-removal/index.html

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:31 pm

As I said in another post not looking good when you see the photo,s of the pitch on Twitter would you risk our players on that and can't see how the ref passed it this morning

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Sidarlo wrote:I wasn't accusing them at all jesus.

I was just saying if it was a close call they wouldn't have wanted it on. Not that they would ever have a say
Then why say "Wonder if Bishop had any say in this, sure they won't have been to keen for it to go ahead"?

Stop squirming.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:30 pm

roadrunner wrote:As I said in another post not looking good when you see the photo,s of the pitch on Twitter would you risk our players on that and can't see how the ref passed it this morning
I think it's a case of the ref thinking the pitch could improve with the sun on it and an increase in temperatures.

Very frustrating but there's not much we can do. Let's just hope next week's game is on.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:33 pm

I don't want to worry anyone unduly but the forecast for next week is for widespread severe frosts and I reckon the Ossett game has already probably got about a snowflake in hell's chance.

Nemesis
Team Supported: Bishop

Post by Nemesis » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm

roadrunner wrote:Bishop groundsman is a joke
Keep off my pitch no digging no sand he said just let it dry natural, no work on during the week. Bring back tommo ?
I am going to chuck a bag of worms over the fence every day for the next 2 weeks.
Joke? Think that stare of the pitch after your volunteers had been on it last year probably had something to do with that decision I know even volunteers from bishop are not allowed on to try and get games on. End of the day we spent a load of money on pitch pre-season so good on the club for protecting the money spent plus only official ground staff should only be working on the pitch

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Joke? Think that stare of the pitch after your volunteers had been on it last year probably had something to do with that decision I know even volunteers from bishop are not allowed on to try and get games on. End of the day we spent a load of money on pitch pre-season so good on the club for protecting the money spent plus only official ground staff should only be working on the pitch
Why spend a load of money on the pitch that has no 'working' drainage !!!!!
M I C R A 3

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:54 am

micra3 wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
The truth is some money was spent on the pitch carrowing pre-season but it surely requires a lot more work. That costs even more money which frankly BA or Darlo can't magic out of thin air. The centre of the pitch for a start needs levelling as you can see there are dips where the ice accumulated, yesterday. Our groundsman is superb but these are difficult problems to resolve without hard cash.

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:03 pm

princes town wrote:
micra3 wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
The truth is some money was spent on the pitch carrowing pre-season but it surely requires a lot more work. That costs even more money which frankly BA or Darlo can't magic out of thin air. The centre of the pitch for a start needs levelling as you can see there are dips where the ice accumulated, yesterday. Our groundsman is superb but these are difficult problems to resolve without hard cash.
Spot on princes town! Fundamental issues with pitch from day 1 which would require huge sums of cash to fix.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:36 pm

It wouldn't take huge sums of cash to put the pitch right a couple of grand maybe obviously more using professional companies who rip your eyes out.

If they put in 3-4 runs of perforated drains down the length of the pitch attach to the existing drains fill with gravel and that would have done the trick.

I laid a couple of hundred of metres last year on some waterlogged land and it's worked a treat.

Both clubs should have arranged a friendly last season with all proceeds going to sort out the drainage. I'm sure that would have covered the costs and we wouldn't be having these issues now.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Both clubs should of arranged a friendly.... Easy to say after the event , perfect in hindsight

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm

It is easy to say in hindsight but these are the sort of things that should have been thought of.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:17 pm

quakerste wrote:It is easy to say in hindsight but these are the sort of things that should have been thought of.

By who? It's our club and it's up to all of us to come forward with ideas. The days of just saying the club should of have long gone. Those with the knowledge, the ideas and even the expertise need to step forward, whilst I understand not all have the time to commit ideas take a few minutes in an email.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Well reminded Charlie