Hatch available for transfer

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hatch available for transfer

Post by shawry » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Neil Johnson wrote: Spenny deserve promotion, but the reformed Salford may develop into a huge force to be reckonned with.
Why do they deserve promotion?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:27 pm

shawry wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote: Spenny deserve promotion, but the reformed Salford may develop into a huge force to be reckonned with.
Because unlike Salford, Spenny aren't throwing big bucks around trying to buy the league...oh wait.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:26 pm

dickdarlington wrote:
shawry wrote:
Because unlike Salford, Spenny aren't throwing big bucks around trying to buy the league...oh wait.
Sorry, don't get this argument that you somehow are less deserving of promotion because you spend the cash needed to get it. If you want to progress, and can afford to bring players in to help you achieve that, then why wouldn't you? Does it not show ambition? We might have a small squad, but do you think they are costing us buttons? Do we not think Cartman will have cost as big a transfer fee as anyone in this league this season, if not the biggest? We have by far the biggest fan base in the league, but that doesn't make us any more entitled to promotion - to compete with that, smaller clubs need generous benefactors. Salford, Northwich and Spennymoor have these. Are we seriously saying that if we'd had a Jack Walker or a Jack Hayward rather than a George Reynolds and a George Houghton, we'd be wearing sackcloth and ashes about how we'd come to be where we were.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:38 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:
shawry wrote:
Sorry, don't get this argument that you somehow are less deserving of promotion because you spend the cash needed to get it. If you want to progress, and can afford to bring players in to help you achieve that, then why wouldn't you? Does it not show ambition? We might have a small squad, but do you think they are costing us buttons? Do we not think Cartman will have cost as big a transfer fee as anyone in this league this season, if not the biggest? We have by far the biggest fan base in the league, but that doesn't make us any more entitled to promotion - to compete with that, smaller clubs need generous benefactors. Salford, Northwich and Spennymoor have these. Are we seriously saying that if we'd had a Jack Walker or a Jack Hayward rather than a George Reynolds and a George Houghton, we'd be wearing sackcloth and ashes about how we'd come to be where we were.
This is my argument really, I have no issue with rich owners, but decent rules that stop clubs being saddled with loans for anything other than ground improvements is a must.

The point still stands though, why do Spenny deserve promotion?

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:15 pm

spennymoor are not bankrolled, they have a lot of sponsors and a healthy fan base, only fc united and darlington have higher averages..http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/attendance-tables.php

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:30 pm

"a lot of sponsors"

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 pm

And attendances will be helped by the cheap season ticket offer they had.
FORZA DARLO

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Quakers1883 wrote:And attendances will be helped by the cheap season ticket offer they had.
I think they sold about 240 season tickets, thats still 400 paying on the day at £8

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:17 pm

polarbear wrote:spennymoor are not bankrolled, they have a lot of sponsors and a healthy fan base, only fc united and darlington have higher averages..http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/attendance-tables.php
:lol:

Sponsors? Every team has sponsors, you divvy.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:27 pm

polarbear wrote:
Quakers1883 wrote:And attendances will be helped by the cheap season ticket offer they had.
I think they sold about 240 season tickets, thats still 400 paying on the day at £8
Once you take the Darlington game away which was a complete one-off, you average 450 a game, so that is actually 210 paying on the gate.

And they won't all be at £8 either, you have concessions and juniors, as well as children Under 6 that go free.

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:30 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
polarbear wrote:spennymoor are not bankrolled, they have a lot of sponsors and a healthy fan base, only fc united and darlington have higher averages..http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/attendance-tables.php

You call yourself darloontheup, how about 1883notgoingup, but dont change it until the end of the season :lol:

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
polarbear wrote:
Once you take the Darlington game away which was a complete one-off, you average 450 a game,
you have taken the whole crowd off, 1882 or was it 1883, maybe 1000 but not the lot, anyway with 1000 off, its 515

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:50 pm

polarbear wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

You call yourself darloontheup, how about 1883notgoingup, but dont change it until the end of the season :lol:
Better get yourself to bed young un,your mam will be back from the club with your new uncle soon.
One day we might get a Spendy fan on here that isn't an embittered fuckwit,but I won't hold my breath. :roll:

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:13 am

polarbear wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
polarbear wrote:
Once you take the Darlington game away which was a complete one-off, you average 450 a game,
you have taken the whole crowd off, 1882 or was it 1883, maybe 1000 but not the lot, anyway with 1000 off, its 515
I'm sure the average worked out over 10 games and not 11, taking out the one with the 'freak' attendance, gives everyone a truer representation of Spennymoor's average attendance and how many actually pay on the gate per game. Well actually, it does!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:03 am

Another one of the Spennymoor Ostrich brigade.

"We're not bankrolled, we have sponsors and a lot of fans."

What's wrong with being bankrolled? Why do so many Spenny fans have such an aversion to admitting it? It's like they'd feel ashamed about it.

Having a rich benefactor has massive advantages. The biggest problem of course is the future of the club is vulnerable to the whim of one person, but if the owner is willing to invest and take the financial hit, then I see no issue.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:11 am

Twintowers wrote:One day we might get a Spendy fan on here that isn't an embittered fuckwit,but I won't hold my breath.
Cue Spen.

:roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Another one of the Spennymoor Ostrich brigade.

"We're not bankrolled, we have sponsors and a lot of fans."

What's wrong with being bankrolled? Why do so many Spenny fans have such an aversion to admitting it? It's like they'd feel ashamed about it.

Having a rich benefactor has massive advantages. The biggest problem of course is the future of the club is vulnerable to the whim of one person, but if the owner is willing to invest and take the financial hit, then I see no issue.

They have an aversion to admitting it, generally because a lot of our fans are now fuly paid up members of the 'holier than thou' brigade, and will have a go at any club that dares not survive purely because of the fans!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Let's be honest, Spennymoor fans can claim they're not bankrolled all day long but it'll never wash with some of us.

They "have many sponsors" probably means that Brad Groves owns lots of companies.

BUT, to be fair to them, their support has grown over the years, and right now even disregarding the Darlo gate, their support is very, very good for this level and the next one up. They are actually, genuinely, a big club at this level, and you know what, good on them for that.

And I'm sure that some of the sponsors will not be Brad Groves or anything to do with him, and will have jumped on the bandwagon.

So what that does mean is that they will certainly be more naturally funded than the likes of West Auckland and Shildon, and the likes of Celtic Nation before it went pop, and the likes of Gateshead.

Darlo fans want to believe that they are completely bankrolled and chuck around silly money, whereas Spenny fans want to believe that they are completely self sufficient and pay players a tenner a match. Polar opposite beliefs and the truth is probably right in the middle.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Went a bit off topic there!

Hatchy still available if needed!

Spennymoor's playing records and crowds are relevant.

Who is a real sponsor or not isn't a big factor.

Darlo accepted Reynolds (no choice mind) so less of the moaning!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:39 pm

Spenny have put Ward on the transfer list, are they opening up the room for Hatch.

Did hear someone else was interested and be very surprised if Spenny would pay Darlo for anyone else.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Not that it matters but I think Ward had a bigger impact during his short stay than Hatch currently. Not that he's had much playing time mind. I'd have kept Ward over Fisher as well.

Ward should join Bishop or somewhere but needs games as he's been pissed about quite a bit now.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:09 am

Ingleby wrote:Not that it matters but I think Ward had a bigger impact during his short stay than Hatch currently. Not that he's had much playing time mind. I'd have kept Ward over Fisher as well.

Ward should join Bishop or somewhere but needs games as he's been pissed about quite a bit now.
Ward joined when we probably had less quality options up top though. If Hatch had joined when Ward did towards the end of last season, he may have had a similar impact, but the fact he joined when Armstrong did meant he was down the pecking order from day one.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC