Nathan Cartman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Nathan Cartman

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:46 am

spen666 wrote:I think at time people posting on social media forget the players themselves may well read the negatives.
Good point. I think people who would post like that are clearly struggling to cope with simple concepts, wouldn't you agree?

I've just thought of a similar scenario where only someone equally challenged could succumb. Imagine posting on a seperate social media sites with snide, negative remarks about something, whilst on another site suggesting that you only feel positive things towards that entity.

Just imagine if someone did that.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:08 am

lo36789 wrote:
spen666 wrote:I think at time people posting on social media forget the players themselves may well read the negatives.
Good point. I think people who would post like that are clearly struggling to cope with simple concepts, wouldn't you agree?

I've just thought of a similar scenario where only someone equally challenged could succumb. Imagine posting on a seperate social media sites with snide, negative remarks about something, whilst on another site suggesting that you only feel positive things towards that entity.

:

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 am

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
princes town wrote: Encouraged by the comments of Billy Miller. For me one of the best managers in our league. Even so Cartman will need time to settle in same as Andy Johnson.
I think this is a fair point.

If he doesn't score in the first few games, some of our more intellectually challenged fans may decide to get on his back and trot out the "He'll never make it with us", "he's not good enough", "we shouldn't have got rid of Andy Johnson" lines.

It is a change for Cartman, playing for a new, bigger club in front of more supporters week in/week out.

He could hit the ground running with a hat-trick on his debut, but if he does take a few games to get going, fans will need to give him time to settle in.

The amount of times some "fans" on here have written off a new signing on the basis of one game or less is ludicrous.
Its sadly the same with fans at every club at all levels of football who make a judgement on the basis of one game and refuse ever to change their view.

The slating of a player at your own club (whatever that maybe) can only have a negative effect on their confidence.

I think at time people posting on social media forget the players themselves may well read the negatives.
Next time you have a thought, instead of sharing it with us (or anyone really), could you please go outside and walk in front of a bus instead.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:39 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Good work lo :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:52 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Next time you have a thought, instead of sharing it with us (or anyone really), could you please go outside and walk in front of a bus instead.

The more it annoys you, the more I will keep on posting :twisted: :twisted:

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Darlogramps wrote:He could hit the ground running with a hat-trick on his debut...
not his full debut - but does the hat-trick he scored in the friendly at Billingham Synthonia on Saturday count as "hitting the ground running"?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Only proper goals count Mr Tibbs.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

victor meldrew

Post by victor meldrew » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 pm

I was talking to a Coventry City Football scout at the weekend, he has been to watch Nathan Cartman twice this season at Harrogate RA, he had recommended him to Coventry as he was sure that he could play in the 1st division. He said we have got a quality signing and best of luck to us climbing back up the divisions.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:18 pm

spen666 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

So you admit to being a two-faced troll whose only purpose in life is to wind-up fans of a non-league football club

Can we just ban this tedious, irrelevant troll?

Even Spennymoor fans hate him.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

So you admit to being a two-faced troll whose only purpose in life is to wind-up fans of a non-league football club

Get over yourself.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

Get over yourself.
Nothing I've said is untrue.

You've admitted being a two-faced troll and Spennymoor fans regard you as an embarrassment.

All you do is troll messageboards. You lead a pitiful existence.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:27 am

Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

Get over yourself.
Nothing I've said is untrue.

You've admitted being a two-faced troll and Spennymoor fans regard you as an embarrassment.

All you do is troll messageboards. You lead a pitiful existence.
erm I dont think I have admitted to being a two faced troll, so it would apoear this post is untrue.

But don't let the truth put you off

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:13 am

spen666 wrote:erm I dont think I have admitted to being a two faced troll, so it would apoear this post is untrue.

spen666 wrote:Handifan, you could , enjoy the season and see what happens rather than trying to be like some on Kyle Uncovered and trying to write fiction about what may or may not happen.
spen666 wrote:I suggest you go on Kyle Uncovered and tell them I am a Darlington fan.

I have been going to watch Spennymoor for over 40 years
Jimmy Saville didn't admit to anything, it's what the evidence shows.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:28 am

lets just hope he stays fit, i fear he may pick an injury from finding a space antenna stuck up his butt!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:44 am

spen666 wrote: erm I dont think I have admitted to being a two faced troll, so it would apoear this post is untrue.

Oh but you have:
spen666 wrote: The more it annoys you, the more I will keep on posting :twisted: :twisted:
You've said you'll post to annoy people - which is trolling.

You post as if you've got no axe to grind with Darlo on here, but on NLZ, on your Twitter account and Spenny's forum, you slag Darlo off.

That's the definition of two-faced. Therefore, two-faced troll.

If you're only on here to troll Darlo fans, then I'd hope the mods would see sense and get rid of you. You've no intention to discuss issues properly (your actions on other social media show this). Why you're still here is beyond me.

Face it Peter, I'm running rings around you. Give it up and get a life.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Well done with the practice match!

I'm happy that Nathan has been able to fit in and still hit the net. Billingham Town may not have had the same standard of defending as teams in the NPL, but timely assists must have been made and chances taken.

Match sharpness is vital for the team after recent postponements and a hat trick must have settled some nerves & raised confidence particulary for Nathan and Martin Gray.

There may be no adverse effects from trying to gel with Nathan. It took Armstrong time to get into sync with his new team mates, but we may be luckier with this lad.

For an individual to score so many goals at NPL level, with the bad tackling, officials and pitches is a great achievement, so I expect an improvement up front, so its a zone for mainly passing and scoring, rather than mainly losing possession.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Salford won't be looking forward to him coming back to have another go at them for a third time this season... interesting watching him reading the game when he's not on the ball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP8E8o8eais
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Neil Johnson wrote: It took Armstrong time to get into sync with his new team mates
No it didn't.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote: It took Armstrong time to get into sync with his new team mates
No it didn't.
He's right like, it didn't. Armstrong hit the ground fooking sprinting!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:59 am

Must have been the few games I saw pre-season and early doors.

When Amar is fit, maybe he can be out wide again?

Alternatively we rotate the attacking options to keep everyone sharp.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:25 am

Saturday

Jameson
Brown, Hunter, White, Watson
Mitchell, Portas, Galbraith, Thompson
Armstrong, Cartman

Wednesday

Jameson
Brown, Hunter, White, Watson
Mitchell, Portas, Scott
Thompson
Armstrong, Purewal

or

Mitchell, Portas, Robinson
Dowson, Cartman, Purewal

or

Robinson, Portas, Galbraith
Armstrong, Cartman, Purewal

or...

Basically games in hand just make it easier to give our squad games!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 am

It took Gabbiadini time to get into sync with his new team mates.

I seem to remember.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:52 am

Galbraith started off at right back, but at that time he looked well out of position. This was in the "Keltie" blip when Newton Aycliffe & Team Northumbria defeated us. He looked more comfortable when in midfield areas. Later when he was swapped to a midfield role he showed his stuff, with his confidence up he could then also be used as a conventional or an attacking right back.

Forward pairings can be the most difficult to get right, we have well established pairings, Cartman may already fit in, what with his hat-trick. Anyway with more strikers in the squad we have options to adjust pairings.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 am

Galbraith started at Left back, not right back...

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Oh yes

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:45 am

From Stod's article in the Echo today “The money is a bonus you get when you’re doing well. I’ve not played for more than £50 a game for the last five seasons. It’s been next to nothing sometimes – at Liversedge if you lost you didn’t get anything!”

Bet we have never paid £50 per game since we dropped down the leagues,

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 am

Bogratsteve wrote:From Stod's article in the Echo today “The money is a bonus you get when you’re doing well. I’ve not played for more than £50 a game for the last five seasons. It’s been next to nothing sometimes – at Liversedge if you lost you didn’t get anything!”

Bet we have never paid £50 per game since we dropped down the leagues,
Bet we have! No way are our players (especially the top earners) on £100 a week or less, surely?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:19 am

I meant that small an amount lol