Blackwell Meadows planning application submitted

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Blackwell Meadows planning application submitted

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:07 pm

As above.

Progress is being made which is a good sign.

Club still saying they aim to be playing there for next season.

Being diplomatic, that seems highly optimistic but we shall see.

Glad things are moving forward at least.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

D_F_C

Re: Blackwell Meadows planning application submitted

Post by D_F_C » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:21 pm

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 pm

cool
;)

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:45 pm

I was looking at the planning notice on the council website today and couldn't see the submission. I'm optimistic that this time next season we will be in our home town on another promotion push

bga

Post by bga » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:40 pm

I am not being awkward but the statement below is a bit of an exaggeration as it suggests the future of the town also depends on the success of this joint venture? I can see a few people opposed to this having a bit of a laugh. Overall though great to see progress, well done to all concerned.

"Both Darlington RFC and Darlington FC have great potential that can be realised by, not working in isolation, but through cooperation and the forging of talents to create a stable future for everyone; not just both club’s but the town as well. There is still some way to go but we continue to look forward to welcoming Darlington FC to Blackwell Meadows.”

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:46 pm

.... don't take it out of context my friend .... In my eyes, the proposals are mentioned with regard to the facilities etc etc being to the benefit of the town ..... which they clearly are ..... i.e. not just the football club and the rugby club .....

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Looking to advise on costs around February/March next year and have a few formats for people to commit funds to the cause. Number of grants available and we should be trying to complete these but you normally get the money after you have paid upfront yourself.

We have an agreement in place with Bishop for next season if we are not back in Darlo for the start.

Longest element of the move would be the work on the pitch with 8 weeks expected from the end of May to get a pitch ready for football/rugby.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:57 pm

AIDO see what you mean now! Ta

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:02 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Looking to advise on costs around February/March next year and have a few formats for people to commit funds to the cause. Number of grants available and we should be trying to complete these but you normally get the money after you have paid upfront yourself.

We have an agreement in place with Bishop for next season if we are not back in Darlo for the start.

Longest element of the move would be the work on the pitch with 8 weeks expected from the end of May to get a pitch ready for football/rugby.
Any further news from the forum?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but surely the FA would have to inspect and approve the ground to give it the grading.

From other clubs in previous seasons, these inspections tend to happen by the end of May at the latest.

That gives us an incredibly tight timescale to get permission, satisfy NIMBY objections, raise funds, carry out the developments and get approval.

As I said, I think they're being very optimistic with the timescale.

Right now, I'd put money on us starting at Bishop next season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:As above.

This bit of information is the reason I went along tonight and pretty much what I was thinking. ^

I'm very still very much of the opinion we will not be there in 2015, although it is a possibility it would be a tall order to raise the neccessary funds in time to start work and have it ready for next season.

Great to see that things are moving as Darlogramps said and that it is not just idle talk.

And also as has been said we will be allowed to remain at Heritage Park until we are able to move, we owe BAFC massively for allowing us to continue use HP despite the ridiculous fixture priority rule, many other clubs would probably have told us where to go.

Overall a very good evening, Martin Jesper very honest and frank about our financial situation we really have been treading water at times, also must give a mention to Bob Cass, the journalist who spoke tonight. I hadn't heard of him till tonight and I have to say he was very good! Credit to him.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but surely the FA would have to inspect and approve the ground to give it the grading.

From other clubs in previous seasons, these inspections tend to happen by the end of May at the latest.

That gives us an incredibly tight timescale to get permission, satisfy NIMBY objections, raise funds, carry out the developments and get approval.

I think the ruling is that you have to have a ground capable of hosting the level of football confirmed. In Bish we have this as a back up. If we look at FCUM, they are in a similar situation, albeit a bit further along. And they're on to their third ground this year because the new place isn't ready. I don't think the inspection is a massively time consuming event, and can be fitted in quite easily. You're right, had we been applying without a ground as reserve, everything would have to have been ready by March.

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:12 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:As above.

This bit of information is the reason I went along tonight and pretty much what I was thinking. ^

I'm very still very much of the opinion we will not be there in 2015, although it is a possibility it would be a tall order to raise the neccessary funds in time to start work and have it ready for next season.

Great to see that things are moving as Darlogramps said and that it is not just idle talk.

And also as has been said we will be allowed to remain at Heritage Park until we are able to move, we owe BAFC massively for allowing us to continue use HP despite the ridiculous fixture priority rule, many other clubs would probably have told us where to go.Overall a very good evening, Martin Jesper very honest and frank about our financial situation we really have been treading water at times, also must give a mention to Bob Cass, the journalist who spoke tonight. I hadn't heard of him till tonight and I have to say he was very good! Credit to him.
To be fair you are paying us for this so no need to feel that you owe us anything more! I know that when we were ground sharing certain people of certain clubs were almost making us feel like we owed them the world despite actually sustaining their playing budgets season after season!

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:24 pm

To be fair, whilst we may be paying Bishop for this priveldge , a thankyou is still in order x

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm

dickdarlington wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but surely the FA would have to inspect and approve the ground to give it the grading.

I think the ruling is that you have to have a ground capable of hosting the level of football confirmed. In Bish we have this as a back up. If we look at FCUM, they are in a similar situation, albeit a bit further along. And they're on to their third ground this year because the new place isn't ready. I don't think the inspection is a massively time consuming event, and can be fitted in quite easily. You're right, had we been applying without a ground as reserve, everything would have to have been ready by March.
That's how I understand it, you can ground grade whenever you want. Evo prem team moved into a new ground just the other week, obviously no checks in May would have been complete as it wasn't built.

Just read the below and ground inspection was in November and it was Stamford.

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/daniels- ... ome-22205/

I think like many that we may struggle to be in for opening day August or a pre-season but let's be honest we will all accept that if we see things moving.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:51 pm

LLB wrote:To be fair you are paying us for this so no need to feel that you owe us anything more! I know that when we were ground sharing certain people of certain clubs were almost making us feel like we owed them the world despite actually sustaining their playing budgets season after season!
I agree with Charlie and others that nothing wrong with us saying thanks, without Bishop I am not sure we would be as far as we are down the line now. I am sure they have waited for the odd delayed payment at times and have been more than hospitable.

Hopefully Bishop can get themselves out of the NL up into the football pyramid. An FA Cup game once we had moved away from HP would be a nice fixture return in the future for both clubs.

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Pleased that things are moving along, but we really need to start next season in the town.

A mid-season move would dampen a lot of peoples interests.

Let's aim for the Summer and we can hopefully make a huge song and dance about in the media etc.
Northern League Champions 2013

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:38 pm

It seems the "Application" is only a pre-read before the real "Application".
I have heard that the planning cycle and build period are expected to be 6 weeks and 8 weeks respectively if there are no hitches. With the bigger, but still low crowds expected there should only be a very minor effect on local traffic,so its really down to the Council Planning Department to get their finger out now, to remove doubts w.r.t. friendlies, season tickets, advertising and corporate packages over the close season.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Hopefully both club and council have sorted out any issues well before it gets anywhere near the application stage

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:24 pm

http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/?p=7870#more-7870

Anyone know how long this is likely to take until it becomes public. It's been four weeks (albeit including Christmas) since the announcement,

How long people will then have to raise objections? And ultimately how long until we may get given the green light? 13 weeks was quoted, but is that from the initial pre application, or from the point people can contest? Forgive me I'm anxious and curious in equal measure. 13 weeks from today would take us into April, and with the pitch needing to be started straight away, it would be a miracle if we could start when proposed.

The 1st XV have their last home game on March 28th. Sadly, they're not in the hunt for promotion, so there won't be any further matches to play. Does this mean we can theoretically start on 29th March, or does anyone know if there are there other matches to fit in?

Does the pitch need to wait until planning permission is granted? I suppose we could just proceed with the bits that don't need to wait. Although this is very risky in case of an unlikely rejection. But the work to the clubhouse changing rooms can start in earnest I'm sure.

I was down there today, and the pitch itself looks rough. The new surface will help the rugby players too i'm sure.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

I'm pretty sure it's May before the work on the pitch will be started. The Darlington festival is usually on in May, as is the Henry Valks memorial invitational tournament. Even I'm dusting off the boots for that one this year!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 pm

That would make sense that there's other events going on.

But with the major changes taking place, and the better weather, is there no chance they might move it to one of the other pitches? Doing it in early May is time enough though. That's when most other clubs re do theirs. Didn't Bish start theirs after the 2nd Bank Holiday last year?

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:05 pm

For the festivals there are usually 15 teams, all of the pitches will be in constant use for the entire day.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:18 pm

I suspect the local authority is already creating a "planning" delay to the pre-browsing and then maybe the actual application process to make themselves look necessary & to spend ratepayer's money on themselves, for what effecively is "no change of use" effecting no neighbouring properties.

There may be future considerations, that would be justified, if and when DFC want to substantially extend the ground capacity, but that could be some years from now.

The more "planning" delay the less time Darlo have to get the BEST prices, deliveries and commercial deals (e.g. sponsorships, advertising, corporate, sales of season tickets)

The local authority was complicit in the loss of Feethams, so the political digits should be extracted.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:28 pm

I don't honestly see why the LA would look to hold things up, they've been involved since the beginning.

Conspiracy theorists at it already.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:07 pm

The point DFC need a clear green light in early May, so any pitch upgrades, lucrative pre-season friendlies and all other preparations can be arranged in time.

Why has the pre-application browsing by the LA taken a MONTH so far if the LA, as part of the CIA, was so involved up front?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:50 am

Part of the B2D fund has now been released to pay for the planning and initial fees incurred to date in relation to the planning application which has been submitted to Darlington Borough Council for the move to Blackwell Meadows.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27511#p353434
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Great news that the Official Planning Application is now ACTUALLY underway with the council.

At best Darlo could have the modification work bid, awarded & kicking off at RUFC's season end, providing more certainty on the readiness for pitch, facilities, friendlies and various commercial arrangements.

A good time to launch / re-launch a single clear fund-raising target with the public for their donations to the Darlo cause.

The fundraising is to keep 2 of the town's sport's clubs alive and with the right PR and a promotion run should be successful.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:44 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Great news that the Official Planning Application is now ACTUALLY underway with the council.

At best Darlo could have the modification work bid, awarded & kicking off at RUFC's season end, providing more certainty on the readiness for pitch, facilities, friendlies and various commercial arrangements.

A good time to launch / re-launch a single clear fund-raising target with the public for their donations to the Darlo cause.

The fundraising is to keep 2 of the town's sport's clubs alive and with the right PR and a promotion run should be successful.
It remains to be seen whether the new PR company will deliver results any better than previous attempts, but I suppose we should give them time to prove that they're not just going to make a token effort for self promotional purposes.

Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Bad PR and planning = RIP?