tonights game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

tonights game

Post by poppyfield » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:41 pm

spenny 1 down at half time
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: tonights game

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Spennymoor 4-1 Brighouse Town at the mo.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:12 am

Finished 4-1.

....And a double brace from Nathan Fisher :wtf: what is the world coming to?!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:35 am

Sure he's scored 4 goals for them now? Fair play to the lad.

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:39 pm

AndyPark wrote:Sure he's scored 4 goals for them now? Fair play to the lad.
It's 7 now.

Durham Challenge Cup = 1
Doodson Cup = 2
League = 3
Trophy = 1

Seems to be playing well.
Unbelievable Jeff!!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:54 pm

northernlad73 wrote:
It's 7 now.

Durham Challenge Cup = 1
Doodson Cup = 2
League = 3
Trophy = 1

He always was a good player. I think Spennymoors style of play suits him better than the more direct style we play at Darlington...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Fair play if he can play for a lesser team who will build the way they play around him.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:36 pm

My opinion wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:
It's 7 now.

Durham Challenge Cup = 1
Doodson Cup = 2
League = 3
Trophy = 1

He always was a good player. I think Spennymoors style of play suits him better than the more direct style we play at Darlington...

I think its more the mental attitude of player rather than team style.

He was always a talented player, but he clearly has had attitude problems.

Whether he has knuckled down or whether Jay Ainsley handles him differently to the way Martin Gray did is a matter of debate.

Too many talented players let themselves down with their attitude not their playing ability.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Didn't he play for Spennymoor's reserves a bit? We couldn't give him that opportunity to get up to speed. He generally only had sub appearances.

Clearly a gifted footballer so no surprise he's started to score goals.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Wasn't much wrong with his ability or his attitude when he was with us,it was just that he was having no luck in front of goal.Apparently he must have kicked a black cat up the arse or something because his luck has obviously changed.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

...... and in tonights tonight game in the Bananarama conference ..... Gatesheads crowds are almost back to normal .... 808 tonight ....

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:56 am

dunno how Gateshead survive on gates that low!
i suppose the council or the athletics people cover most of the running costs of the ground??
anybody know?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:28 am

bertbanger wrote:dunno how Gateshead survive on gates that low!
i suppose the council or the athletics people cover most of the running costs of the ground??
anybody know?

Bit like Darlington at HP, Gateshead are merely tenants at International Stadium, so the running costs etc are the responsibility of the Council

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:43 pm

spen666 wrote:Bit like Darlington at HP, Gateshead are merely tenants at International Stadium, so the running costs etc are the responsibility of the Council
ouch spen. Way to completely needlessly make the point that we don't have our own ground. Guess that was just a slip of the tongue, you didn't mean it, you see yourself as a darlo fan really...etc.

Anyway. I will answer the actual question, which was how do they survive on crowds that low. Bit like Spennymoor, Gateshead are bankrolled by their owner, so the salaries of players and the like will be mainly covered him.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:48 pm

lo36789 wrote:
spen666 wrote:Bit like Darlington at HP, Gateshead are merely tenants at International Stadium, so the running costs etc are the responsibility of the Council
ouch spen. Way to completely needlessly make the point that we don't have our own ground. Guess that was just a slip of the tongue, you didn't mean it, you see yourself as a darlo fan really...etc.

Anyway. I will answer the actual question, which was how do they survive on crowds that low. Bit like Spennymoor, Gateshead are bankrolled by their owner, so the salaries of players and the like will be mainly covered him.
Great comeback

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Nah, you've got it completely wrong lo. That great big advertising hoarding behind the goal brings in £300K a year. More than enough to keep them going and to sign anyone and everyone with a former Darlo connection.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Grow up, its not a dig at Darlington or at Gateshead or any other club, it answers the question in relation to paying for the upkeep of the stadium.

If you actually engaged your braincell before finding offence you might have realised that Spennymoor and many otheer NE clubs do not own their ground either. Spennymoor lease theirs from the council. The difference is Spennymoor's lease is a long term lease (legally speaking) and therefore the club are liable for the upkeep of the ground.

Darlington and Gateshead's lease does not require them to maintain the stadium

But, feel free to wallow in your ignorance and seek to find offence even where there is none intended

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:13 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Grow up, its not a dig at Darlington or at Gateshead or any other club, it answers the question in relation to paying for the upkeep of the stadium.

If you actually engaged your braincell before finding offence you might have realised that Spennymoor and many otheer NE clubs do not own their ground either. Spennymoor lease theirs from the council. The difference is Spennymoor's lease is a long term lease (legally speaking) and therefore the club are liable for the upkeep of the ground.

But, feel free to wallow in your ignorance and seek to find offence even where there is none intended
I'm offensive and I find this ignorant.

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:04 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

The point is Spen, you only had to state that the council were responsible for the running costs, as Gateshead are only tenants. You didnt need to find a comparison with Darlo.

Like many of your posts, there is an undercurrent of 'stirring' masquerading as helpful or positive posts.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:47 pm

shawry wrote:
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

The point is Spen, you only had to state that the council were responsible for the running costs, as Gateshead are only tenants. You didnt need to find a comparison with Darlo.

Like many of your posts, there is an undercurrent of 'stirring' masquerading as helpful or positive posts.

Stop being paranoid and imagining insults.

I used Darlington in the post as an example to make it easier to understand the reply.

You are paranoid

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:25 pm

anybody know?
What happened to Gateshead getting their own new stadium?
Northern League Champions 2013

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 pm

My comment was in jest, piss taking aside he seems to have settled in nicely with Spenny's set up and is producing the goals he sadly couldn't seem to get with us, certainly wasn't through a lack of trying. Although I thought Ainsley had lost his marbles when he started him ahead of Cogdon and Roberts initially, it seems to have been a shrewd move and he is utilizing the squad well with the fixture pile up they've had recently.

Also, Spen_666, genuine question and I don't mean to sound disrespectful or insulting but what is your purpose being on this on this board? I appreciate why you would respond to a thread where Spenny are mentioned but I've seen you in other threads where Spenny haven't been mentioned at all.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about the trip to Hyde on Saturday in the FA Trophy? I find it interesting you have said absolutely nothing about the game on tuesday night, which was the subject of this thread orginally? After a 4-1 win I don't think I would be an opposing teams messageboard discussing the ins and outs of the ownership structure of the stadium of another team I also don't support.

Again, no disrespect intended but you seem to seem to contribute very little to discussions on here maybe due to the fact you don't support Darlo? Although you have us your team supported on your profile....
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:12 pm

TSQuaker wrote:Although you have us your team supported on your profile....

Spen won't answer the "Profile/Darlo/Team supported" question.

It's just the way he rolls.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm

TSQuaker wrote:
anybody know?
What happened to Gateshead getting their own new stadium?
They have put the plans for a new ground on hold, the International Stadium is seen to be more than sufficient.
FORZA DARLO

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:37 pm

I know it's the new religion to find offence at anything and everything, but some of this thread is unbelievable.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:41 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:I know it's the new religion to find offence at anything and everything, but some of this thread is unbelievable.
I'm offended by that. and so is my wife!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:I know it's the new religion to find offence at anything and everything, but some of this thread is unbelievable.
I'm offended by that. and so is my wife!
I am offended by the fact that you and your wife are offended.

However as I am a "born again" offender, it should be expected that I would be offended

footifan

Post by footifan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:09 pm

I do not care if this sounds disrespectful or not.
Like many on here I find Spens posts tiresome to say the least, I actually believe he thinks that we care about his font of self opinionated drivel.

Perhaps he thinks we are rivals ? Instead of likes Spennymoor being a passing phase in our long history, we will never be rivals simple as that. Nice to beat you , bye bye ;)

I know it will take us several years to get up the league systems but eventually we will get away from these village leagues to the national stage again. We are still going through the nightmare of clawing our way back, but it will happen. At least the new set up is paving the way for a club to live within it's means, growing with a structure in place rather than the whim & cheque book of one individual.
We have seen clubs like Rushden & Diamonds and Colne Dynamoes come & go. The way forward is a model like Wimbledon FC.

I for one will just ignore his ramblings in future, I usually do, this is a one off response so do not expect a reply.