A message for Quakers....A wonderful night in Texas

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

footifan
Team Supported: Darlington

A message for Quakers....A wonderful night in Texas

Post by footifan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 am

Quakers , your piece tonight was spot on, we have had the odd run in & swapped the odd good intended banter, we have agreed to disagree to disagree at times. :D

On your piece tonight I am totally in agreement. They took the piss out of us.... KARMA my friend KARMA...

Just thought I would give you an insight to my world today. 4pm local , 10pm in the UK... I know the game was over but we watched it as live.

Chokers v The Spartans

I had the local bar here change to the FOX " SOCCER " Channel for this game... Friday night in Texas is " Football " night, not only high schools playing ( actually some average more in crowds than us at the moment some better than league 2 ... yes High School ).Plus previews of tomorrow's College Football games, 90,000 crowds watching amateurs , millions on TV. It is their national sport... motor cycle helmets & padding etc an all , I duly respect it, as misgiven as it is.....
I am on missionary work trying to educate the uneducated :idea: ( even get Rugby matches on the TV sometimes because they think it's crazy ) ....

Most of them understood the World Cup Sweep I organised , I even answered " I drew Honduras ... do they have a chance " LOL ... " Of course .... just give me your money " . :D

I used my big frame , local knowledge & loud voice to quell the random guys pleading for their " Football " updates as the game was about to start.

Trying to explain to my Texan friends the history behind my hatred of the " Monkey Hanging Bastards " , explained what a " Chimp Choker " was, that was a task indeed ... " OK ... a bit like Washington Redskins v Dallas Cowboys... but a lot more travelling fans". :shh:
I explained what the FA Cup was, who Blyth Spartans were, what the 4th Division was , what tier 9 was, explain what knockout cups were, explain that NO ... Pele, David Beckham, Michael Caine OR Landon Fucking Donovan were not playing....
No they don't take time outs. Yes they do stay on the field unless subbed, No they do not need oxygen at the breakdown of 3 tackles. Yes I explained that the Germans really did make ground improvements to the Chokers Victorian ground during WW1 ;)

Game on ... "Shut the Fuck up..... oh s*** the chokers have scored... :x More beer , MORE questions. ...... :wtf:
GET IN 1 - 1.... :clap:
Thought I would keep quiet about replays, until one smart arse told all that if it was a " Tie " they would play again.... :shock:
Yes you have guessed right, trying to explain why in the " Worlds fucking Cup " games went to " overtime " & the FA Cup did not ( well not in the first tie )...
I avoided Darlo V Hull City & the then record 4th replay in the FA Cup ... that would have blown their minds ( & mine ). :crazy:
A mix of " We love you Darlo " & " Come on SPARTANS ".... :clap:

THEN I Realised why it is called the beautiful game...

My head was turned answering another stupid question :roll: ... all I heard was " GET INNNNNNNN " as my Texan born Darlo shirt wearing beautiful wife's head nearly hit the roof ... as BLYTH scored :lol: .
The cheer in the bar was as loud as any Longhorns touchdown... Well done Bandera Texas... you have passed the first test...
You hate the " Chokers " & understand why I was a very happy Darlo-tonian in Texas tonight....
Well most of them do !!!!

Bogratsteve

Re: A message for Quakers....A wonderful night in Texas

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:03 am

Great read, keep the flag flying in the south

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:28 am

They were dancing in the streets of Bandera last night.

Chuckle, Chuckle, Chuckle.

Talc

Post by Talc » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:16 pm

There was an expat Quaker house in Adelaide that had a giggle at our old friends demise as well. Fantastic post footifan. Just wish I could've watched it on Foxtel here.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Ha ha cheers footifan.

Up the Darlo and fuck off Pools.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

footifan

Post by footifan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Talc wrote:There was an expat Quaker house in Adelaide that had a giggle at our old friends demise as well. Fantastic post footifan. Just wish I could've watched it on Foxtel here.
Cheers Talc.
The coverage in the States is very good... not just the pay channels. With the regular TV package I have. I get every Premier League live including the build up / post match, CL, Uefa, most of the England games,most of the Euro qualifiers, Aviva Rugby, Rugby Internationals etc... I did not buy the Fox Soccer channel as apart from the odd gem like last night in the FA Cup it is just Championship & European leagues, hence thats why I went to the bar.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Talc wrote:There was an expat Quaker house in Adelaide that had a giggle at our old friends demise as well. Fantastic post footifan. Just wish I could've watched it on Foxtel here.
So far then, dancing in the streets of Bandera, Stevenage, Adelaide, Darlo, Newton Aycliffe and Milton Keynes. Let the dancing continue for another five months.

footifan

Post by footifan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Quakerz wrote:Ha ha cheers footifan.

Up the Darlo and fuck off Pools.

Indeed :D

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Listening to Stelling bleating on Soccer Saturday, Shearer is our hero.

Shearer, Shearer, Shearer.

footifan

Post by footifan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:41 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
So far then, dancing in the streets of Bandera, Stevenage, Adelaide, Darlo, Newton Aycliffe and Milton Keynes. Let the dancing continue for another five months.

Coddy , you mean they were not dancing in the streets of ' Chokersville ' now that they can concentrate on their promotion push ?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:51 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
You've omitted Milford Haven :roll:

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:28 pm

joejaques wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
Of course, how remiss of me.

Dancing in the streets of Bandera, Stevenage, Adelaide, Darlo, Newton Aycliffe, Milton Keynes and Milford Haven.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:33 pm

For any Americans reading, Hartlepool suffered "a 2 goals to 1 negative stat"
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:56 pm

DJ here ;)

Firstly, I hope everyone is keeping well, especially me old muckers who I would spend silly amounts of time with travelling the country being permanently disappointed.

I do keep an eye out for Darlo's results and wish the club and everyone connected with it the very best.

Secondly, the Hangers (or The Takeawayers as is more relevant): :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, for all my history with them, my default position is that I have no problem whatsoever with anyone who is a Hartlepool supporter. However, from experience, Hartlepool have the greatest percentage of hypocritical fans I know (and that's hypocritical spelled C-U-N-T-S). You can't help but shake your head when reading their fans forums. Deluded cocksockets, doesn't do them justice.

Unfortunately, I think this will be their nadir this season (I fully expect them to escape relegation, especially with a new manager in the offing) hence my return to congratulate them to date in case I don't get another opportunity.

footifan

Post by footifan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:01 pm

DJ.... some disappointments for sure... but also some great memories. By the way you owe me at least a pint :D PM me with your email

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:01 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
joejaques wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
Of course, how remiss of me.

Dancing in the streets of Bandera, Stevenage, Adelaide, Darlo, Newton Aycliffe, Milton Keynes and Milford Haven.
And Lottstetten on the German Swiss border. Strangely the Bistro wouldn't show the game, preferring Borussia Dortmund versus SAP but thanks to Filmon I was able to enjoy the Spartan demolition on the PC with three bottles of Waldhaus Export (one for each time the Hangers kicked off). Although I couldn't hear it because of the Woice... err I mean Voice... of Gemany blaring out from the next room

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:10 am

you can add Dubai to that list.

Was well worth sitting up until 2 am as the winning goal went in and also for the post game interview with Rivers where a whole country sat there wondering what the hell he was saying.

I have no wish for them to go out of business but god im loving there demise. Before IOR they were one of the worst clubs in the football league. They were lucky for a few years and didn't realise it, they are simply being allowed to find their natural level the foot of the football league.

If they did go down I think they would more than hold there own in the conference but god wouldn't it be great to get those games back, perhaps not so for the local police mind.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:44 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
London.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Sounds like the World was dancing in the streets on Friday night!

footifan

Post by footifan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Except there was not much dancing in the streets of Chokersville :lol:

Whispering Assassin

Post by Whispering Assassin » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Colchester......missed the first half due to "Agents of Shield".......ten to ten...get in! Made my weekend..........
You only choose once so choose wisely..................

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:36 pm

footifan wrote:Except there was not much dancing in the streets of Chokersville :lol:
There was but they were all Spartans, apparently they totally out numbered the Chokers.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:37 pm

Whispering Assassin wrote:Colchester......missed the first half due to "Agents of Shield".......ten to ten...get in! Made my weekend..........
WA, working or living?

Edit

Or both!

Wing Commander Darlo

Post by Wing Commander Darlo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:17 am

I turned on the TV here in Saffron Walden just after the equaliser. My wife wasn't too happy but as it went on she got more caught up in it. She nearly jumped as high as I did as that magnificent little paperboy finished so beautifully.

As for Stelling claiming that "there are licence payers in Hartlepool" - well, it just shows how out of touch he is with reality!

footifan

Post by footifan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:36 am

Wing Commander Darlo wrote:.

As for Stelling claiming that "there are licence payers in Hartlepool" - well, it just shows how out of touch he is with reality!

Now that was funny...

Henley

Post by Henley » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:21 am

footifan wrote:
Wing Commander Darlo wrote:.

Now that was funny...
Seconded!