Hartlepool Utd

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

B_Little
Team Supported: Darlington

Hartlepool Utd

Post by B_Little » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm not one of those Darlo fans that take any enjoyment in Pools situation.

I hope they stay in the league.

Up the Quakers & Pools.

Darlo_Fanatic

Re: Hartlepool Utd

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:21 pm

You got no fans.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Although I would never wish for them to go bust or have financial difficulty, to hope for my teams rivals to not get relegated is like drinking sambuca and expecting to be fresh the next day.

It doesn't happen.

Dn1

PS: I was drinking sambuca last night. Its as good a quip I can give right now...
"Paris and the fall. The last months of the year and the end of the milenium. The city hold many memories for me...of cafes, of music, of love....and of death...."

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Hope they go down and owe loads just to make tripledeckers head explode on the bunker :lol:

Wow theyve banned me from their board :shock:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 pm

i dont particularly care whether they go down or not, if i was neutral i suppose i wouldnt want them to though

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:19 am

I'd gladly see them go down for football reasons which seems it is these days, their cloth has been cut and as you would expect they can't compete.

I do miss the derby games, and would love get them back, if we make it back the league then I'd rather we play them there, but a few years in the non league for pools would be fine for me.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 am

I hope they come down at the same rate we go up. That way is the sonnest we have a derby back. Two years time in Conference North? :D :roll:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Why wouldn't anyone wish relegation and humiliation on their rivals?

I wouldn't want them to fold or be shafted by their owners like we were though.

At least IOR seem to be doing the responsible thing at last and they're letting them find their natural level by gradually reducing their subsidy over a few seasons rather than switching it off over night when there were still players on big contracts etc.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:14 pm

While I would take no joy in them going out business, I do find the situation there in at the moment quite funny, it is great laughing at the people who took the piss out of me when we put in the Northern League...

I have a feeling we may meet again sooner rather than later, in one of the Cup Competitions
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:38 am

I would never want the simian slayers to go out of business as that would effectively mean our historic rival would not be there to play derby matches again, relegation of 1/2/3 divisions and total melt down and calamity? of course i would want to see this and could quite comfortably laugh all day at their misfortunes on the pitch!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:31 am

I miss the Hartlepool/Darlo matches and beating them in those two Wembley play off games was simply amazing :thumbup:

Now however, reality is starting to bite for them. Bottom of league 2, and 6 points adrift!! But I reckon dropping into the Conference is a minor problem to what we've been through, and I would agree with Spyman .............

Spyman wrote:At least IOR seem to be doing the responsible thing at last and they're letting them find their natural level by gradually reducing their subsidy over a few seasons rather than switching it off over night when there were still players on big contracts etc.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 am

Bogratsteve wrote:I would never want the simian slayers to go out of business as that would effectively mean our historic rival would not be there to play derby matches again, relegation of 1/2/3 divisions and total melt down and calamity? of course i would want to see this and could quite comfortably laugh all day at their misfortunes on the pitch!

I agree with all this.

"We're a well run club".." We'll never end up in the jumpers for goalposts league"..pj poolie. :lol:

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Spyman wrote:At least IOR seem to be doing the responsible thing..........rather than switching it off over night when there were still players on big contracts etc.
very good point Spyman.

not only have pools been phenomenally lucky to haev IOr behind them, they appear to be enjoying even more good fortune on top of that by this slow withdrawl by IOR. I bet they (their fans) don't know how lucky they are.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:06 pm

and by the way......what a random opening post.....

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:43 pm

1. I don't want them to go out of business
2. I want them to be relegated perpetually, until they arrive in a division with us - that really will be an absolute non-league belter of a game. I spoke to a referee who has done the derby between us in the league years ago and he remembers the atmosphere very fondly.
Comfortably_numb wrote:not only have pools been phenomenally lucky to haev IOr behind them, they appear to be enjoying even more good fortune on top of that by this slow withdrawl by IOR. I bet they (their fans) don't know how lucky they are.
3. I dunno they are basically going throguh exactly what we went through in the season we were relegated from the league, but to add to that the last 3 seasons have also been horrible - at least we had a bit of fun before that horror show. They are rattling through players at a good rate now. Started the season with some ex-boro players, ditched the manager with those connections, brought in a manager from elsewhere who then uses his own contacts, but also dipped into the NL (Fenwick/Chris Moore)...I wonder who their Mor Diop will be!?

It is what happens in the next couple of year that will be interesting - Singh did a bit of investment for 2 years then pulled plug completely...that could still happen.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Yes but we ended up in that mess because George Houghton walked leaving expensive players on big contracts that we couldn't afford. If he had stuck to his guns after the playoffs, when he did initially reduce the playing budget, things may not have been so drastic.

All in the past now, but it seems IOR have been gradually selling the best players and replacing them with cheaper options bit by bit for two or three seasons now.

It will be interesting once the cheap season tickets are gone as to what sort of crowds they get and at what level that eventually flattens out at. Can't see them going any lower than Conference national - the fans should club together like we did, take over the club and run it sustainably and they'd have enough income to be a conference club without getting in to difficulty.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Unless IOR want their 15 million (or even 10% of it) back.

Anyway, talk of relegation etc is premature, the jammy monkey shagging gets will no doubt avoid it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Quakerz wrote:Unless IOR want their 15 million (or even 10% of it) back.

Anyway, talk of relegation etc is premature, the jammy monkey shagging gets will no doubt avoid it.
..... I know a few Poolie fans ..... they consider themselves doomed. Historically, even at this relatively early stage, at least one of the bottom two go down, with the other making a miraculous escape. No team is too big to go down but I would fancy Tranmere's chances against Poolie any day. It's been coming a long time ..... Their fans even say that their wheels are falling off and have been for a fair old while.

Time will tell and they will no doubt win one or two that will give them some hope but sometimes you just have to accept the next chapter in the book ..... It won't make pleasant reading for those poolie types .... :thumbdown: .... and most of em know it ...

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:51 pm

AIDO wrote:It won't make pleasant reading for those poolie types
Reading/Poolie types :D
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 pm

After the consistent crowing about their sustainability and the moral indignation about our administration, I'd love to see them experience a bit of medicine for a while.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:01 pm

They won't get relegated this season (we aren't that lucky)
FORZA DARLO

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Come on you Spartans :D
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:19 pm

poppyfield wrote:Come on you Spartans :D
Charging £20 a ticket for the Blyth match seems steep :o they are giving Blyth extra tickets in the Millhouse stand like we got when we won there in the cup :D
FORZA DARLO

oldskool han69

Post by oldskool han69 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Fucking get in lol

Bernie Rhodes knows

Post by Bernie Rhodes knows » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Fookin hilarious !!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:48 pm

:lol:

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Hit the bar last minute!!!

Chuckle, Chuckle and thrice Chuckle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

victor meldrew

Post by victor meldrew » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:51 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: through his legs

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Well, that was really, really, really funny!

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Good game for the neutral don't you think?