Hartlepool Utd

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Al Sharp
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool Utd

Post by Al Sharp » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:35 am

Knew the Stompers' predicament was too good to last, however after years of not paying any attention to them, it's been a very amusing interlude. The meltdown the entitled fuqqers went into at the prospect of returning to their natural level after a decade and a half of bankrolling has been hilarious - there was a post on the bunker actually comparing Ken Hodcroft to Hitler! :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm

I had a brief look on the bunker yesterday. It is astounding the number of them hoping the new owners throw money at the team in January - I appreciatehey want to stay up, but isn't it time to accept that being bankrolled is not sustainable for a club with dwindling support and little chance of progression.

Accept your natural level, stop passing the buck on to wealthy (?) owners and take responsibility for the success/failings of your own club.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Now now spyman, according to PJ you're just a cheb end. What do you know?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Now now spyman, according to PJ you're just a cheb end. What do you know?
Oh right. She's calling me names behind my back is she? Truly gutting. I suppose she can't call me names on here after she flounced off in a sulk for being repeatedly called out by everyone for everything.

What have I said to upset her this time?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:53 pm

I am quite sure that some businessman from Watford and now based in Warwickshire with some dodgy links only has the best interests of Hartlepool United FC at heart. I bet he can't wait to start chucking away money on some little North-east club where he has no connections and no interest. Why on earth would anyone think they've got another angle in all of this :twisted:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:15 pm

I noticed that TMH has the chairman Peter Harris and have now added the man they all love to hate Russ Green as a director to the company that now owns Pools.

Maybe they will throw some money at it but it appears they are just accepting relegation at the moment. Takes a good team to get out of the conference and they pretty much need a full new squad.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:20 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I noticed that TMH has the chairman Peter Harris and have now added the man they all love to hate Russ Green as a director to the company that now owns Pools.

Maybe they will throw some money at it but it appears they are just accepting relegation at the moment. Takes a good team to get out of the conference and they pretty much need a full new squad.
As we saw ourselves - despite Cooper building a team that most Darlo fans thought would've kept us in League 2, we were never really at the races as far as promotion from the conference was concerned.

DC

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 am

Well i'd like to see a few posting on here again instead of hiding in the background like rats do..

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:40 am

Seems to be rumors circulating of Admin.

I'm not sure if there is any truth into this at all, but often no smoke without fire and all that.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:55 am

An admin thread seems to appear every other week. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Besides, too early for admin we need it to happen after the cut of date.

The threat of it should be a decent push towards that trapdoor this season. If they can get the 10 point deduction for next season it gives me even more hope we'll see them again in the 2016/17 season in BSN.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:13 am

Be careful what you wish for. It would make things considerably more difficult for us if Hartlepool dropped into non-league, went semi-pro and ended up competing with us for the same players.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:20 am

Robbie Painter wrote:Be careful what you wish for. It would make things considerably more difficult for us if Hartlepool dropped into non-league, went semi-pro and ended up competing with us for the same players.
A very good point!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:26 am

Robbie Painter wrote:Be careful what you wish for. It would make things considerably more difficult for us if Hartlepool dropped into non-league, went semi-pro and ended up competing with us for the same players.
Funny though.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:53 pm

big month or so ahead the chimpchokers... if they don't get the results they may well be resigned to relegation with 2.5 months or so to go resulting in smaller interest in their town. Could end up with fewer pay on the gate fans....... As for competing with us for players ,yes you could be right but also it could mean we would have a better chance of getting a boro /safc youngster on loan as we could be in a position to offer a similar standard experience for the youngster.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Ultimately though, we want to be competing with them for players if it means we're at a higher level - as we go up the leagues we will eventually compete with for players with someone, at at some stage we'll probably be competing with 'Artlepools - whether that is in the BSN or in the Conference National makes little difference.

DC

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Wonder what bbc tees do if they go down. Would be bbc boro then as they won't cover pools.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 pm

TS3

Post by TS3 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:01 pm

shawry wrote:
uncovered wrote:Wonder what bbc tees do if they go down. Would be bbc boro then as they won't cover pools.
Didn't we still get covered in the conference?
Yep. Problem at minute is we are in same league as Spenny, and the one below Whitby. If they covered Darlo, even with larger fan base, it wouldn't be right (to them)

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:03 pm

uncovered wrote:Wonder what bbc tees do if they go down. Would be bbc boro then as they won't cover pools.
Its already BBC Boro, Brownlee never stops slavering on about Boro.
FORZA DARLO

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:43 pm

They kept following us in the conference didn't they? I recall the infamous commentary when Aaron Brown met Ivan Ash, for the entire 90 minutes you could tell Brown didn't have a clue what was going on. Everytime Brown tried to talk about the game or Darlo Ash interjected with absolute bobbins about anything but what was relevant to the match.

Wonder if we get promoted whether the Echo will keep up their Spennymoor coverage.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:48 am

Hartlepool would almost certainly be covered by BBC Tees in the Conference. I'd be stunned if they didn't. As lo says, we got coverage when we went down to that level.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Hartlepool would almost certainly be covered by BBC Tees in the Conference. I'd be stunned if they didn't. As lo says, we got coverage when we went down to that level.
When we went down the games were covered online only, Pools on DAB and Boro on FM.
I'd like to know what that tit Loughlin will do at the Echo. Ever since we lost our league status he has been doing his best to get Darlo coverage as good as dropped since he, and one or two of his colleagues, believe that people aren't interested in non league football and coverage should reflect that. Thankfully we do have Stod and others fighting our corner to ensure we get decent coverage.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:38 pm

The Echo's an interesting one, given that they'd have Gateshead at the same level (presuming Gateshead don't go up this season, which I don't think they will).

Like it or not, there has been growing interesting in Gateshead over the last 12 months, so I'd suggest it would be unfair to keep the current levels of coverage.

They'd have to do more with Gateshead if Pools end up in the same division as them.

Whether that would happen is an entirely different matter....

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Darlogramps wrote:The Echo's an interesting one, given that they'd have Gateshead at the same level (presuming Gateshead don't go up this season, which I don't think they will).
I might be wrong here, but I thought the Echo's readership focus was South Durham. I realise that none of Newcastle/Sunderland or Boro actually fit into that boundary but they still have the biggest followings in that area, so are include by virtue of that.

Darlo/Hartlepool are the biggest teams based in the region. Spennymoor are next, but there is a substantial gap in following.

Next year will surely be the first time there have ever been no north-east teams in the FL that does rely on Boro getting promoted mind!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:42 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:The Echo's an interesting one, given that they'd have Gateshead at the same level (presuming Gateshead don't go up this season, which I don't think they will).
I might be wrong here, but I thought the Echo's readership focus was South Durham. I realise that none of Newcastle/Sunderland or Boro actually fit into that boundary but they still have the biggest followings in that area, so are include by virtue of that.

Next year will surely be the first time there have ever been no north-east teams in the FL that does rely on Boro getting promoted mind!
You are right in a news sense, because the editions are mainly based around south Durham to North Yorkshire, but they do cover stories and distribute north of that.

Sport is different in that, as you say, there are teams which don't fit into the South Durham boundary. It seems a bit more arbitrary and based on the strength of the story and the number of fans supporting.

My point is that, if they cover Newcastle, surely there would have to be at least some increase in coverage if Hartlepool end up in the same division as Gateshead.

There seemed a willingness to cover Gateshead (and Blyth for that matter) when they were doing well in the FA Cup. It should at least prompt a discussion.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Poolie may miss the Conference and be in our league next season, but enough of such a wild fantasy, however in a year's time both clubs could be heading for the meeting up in the Conference North.

We may expect that there are some dodgy loans to be arranged & minor assets to be stripped (no silverware!) before a forthcoming Administration and a new saviour comes in to try to pinch the land for knocking up smelly marina-facing flats.

When competing for players new-Darlo will have crowd proceeds in the club, whereas Poolies proceeds may be hidden in old-Darlo style offshore banks, never to be returned to the club.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:08 am

Oh dear!! Looks like the takeover has come unstuck.
Hope the link works

http://t.co/EfsbZzSWHj

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 am

Admin calling.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:25 am

Looks a bit like the "new owners" were all piss and wind. Which is tragic.

Even if IOR write off the debt as promised, it may take a while before any prospective owner comes in, meaning more time with lack of investment and a greater chance of relegation. Which would be a shame.

If they go down, and IOR really are prepared to write off the debt, and if some high wage earners contacts have expired, why don't the fans group together and buy it for £1?

They have a council owned, appropriate stadium with little spending needed on it, a fan takeover would see an initial spike in crowds, goodwill and income, and if they absolutely need to they can re-structure as a part time club. They'd still be in a much better position than we were in, higher league, no debt, bigger better stadium capable of holding bigger crowds, at home in town.

Luckily for us the monkey hanging fuckwits will be too gormless to realise this and will hang on and on and on for a saviour, the longer it takes the better.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:31 am

im looking forward to seeing how gutted Jeff Stelling will be when their relegation is inevitable sealed

:lol: