Dec 6th New Mills away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Dec 6th New Mills away

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Getting a bit ahead of myself but as I only live about 2 miles from the ground I will be knocking City on the head that day to watch Mighty Darlo.

Hope to be meeting up with the Real Ale Boys that day but if anyone else needs any advice on the area / transport etc just let me know.

GraemeT
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dec 6th New Mills away

Post by GraemeT » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:59 am

Can you recommend any ale houses which do food on the route from the railway station to the ground.

Graeme

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:53 pm

I dont know the pubs in New Mills itself that well as I live in Disley about 2 miles away.

Going to have a look at the Real Ale on offer prior to the game and will do the same on food and post on here.

I know as you walk from the station to the ground you come to a set of traffic lights at a T junction where you turn left and walk up to the ground.If you turn right at these lights instead there is The Beehive Pub about 200 yds on your left who I know do food.

As I say will post ale and food info on here the week before the game so info is bang up to date.

New Mills have a decent little clubhouse as well but not a large selection beer wise.

jonn

Post by jonn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Travelling down with our lass to stay night before with friends in Chersterfield. While I'm at the match she plans to sightsee (=shop) in New Mills if it's got anything worth seeing, Buxton if not. Advice? (No, I can't persuade her to watch the game).

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:08 pm

.... well I didn't go to New Mills last year so am looking forward to it this time round ... On the train for us. As for shopping for the mrs .... it has got to be Buxton. Very impressed when I went last season. Reckon it will be pretty festive and all that. One of them spa towns like Harrogate and just as posh. Can't see New Mills keeping her occupied for two hours ... could be wrong of course!

grytters

Post by grytters » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:40 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:I dont know the pubs in New Mills itself that well as I live in Disley about 2 miles away.

Going to have a look at the Real Ale on offer prior to the game and will do the same on food and post on here.

I know as you walk from the station to the ground you come to a set of traffic lights at a T junction where you turn left and walk up to the ground.If you turn right at these lights instead there is The Beehive Pub about 200 yds on your left who I know do food.

As I say will post ale and food info on here the week before the game so info is bang up to date.

New Mills have a decent little clubhouse as well but not a large selection beer wise.
Here you go!

http://www.railaletrails.co.uk/hope-val ... /new-mills
Bring Back the Quarters

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:04 pm

AIDO wrote:.... well I didn't go to New Mills last year so am looking forward to it this time round ... On the train for us. As for shopping for the mrs .... it has got to be Buxton. Very impressed when I went last season. Reckon it will be pretty festive and all that. One of them spa towns like Harrogate and just as posh. Can't see New Mills keeping her occupied for two hours ... could be wrong of course!
Yes not a lot in New Mills,Buxton is nice enough although Manchester on the train is only 30 minutes if shopping is the preference.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:08 pm

grytters wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:I dont know the pubs in New Mills itself that well as I live in Disley about 2 miles away.

Here you go!

http://www.railaletrails.co.uk/hope-val ... /new-mills
Cheers,saved me a job!

For the Rock Tavern instead of walking up the Hill from New Mills station walk down a footpath opposite the station,over a little bridge and then walk up a small hill.Bit out of the way though.

Right,will just check out the food now & report back!

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Hopefully the pitch will be okay, temperatures forecast to drop below freezing on Friday night. Looking forward to a good day out.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:08 pm

Jamm wrote:Hopefully the pitch will be okay, temperatures forecast to drop below freezing on Friday night. Looking forward to a good day out.
Local forecast says -1 on Friday night and 6 on Saturday so should be every chance.

jonn

Post by jonn » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:25 am

Warning to anyone planning to stick around after the game and then drive home: the A1(M) northbound between Dishforth and Scotch Corner will be closed from 8pm for roadworks; diversions could be lengthy.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:56 am

Preview for tomorrow.

http://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2014/1 ... n-preview/

Despite the suspensions tomorrow we should be comfortable against a struggling team

Good to see J. Robinson back as well

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Sidarlo wrote:Preview for tomorrow.

Despite the suspensions tomorrow we should be comfortable against a struggling team

Judging by the picture on your article, New Mills have a very impressive ground!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:52 pm

Spyman wrote:

Judging by the picture on your article, New Mills have a very impressive ground!
Prepare to be disappointed. That picture is a tad deceptive. :lol:

I'm torn about going. Considering dropping the Mrs off at the Trafford Centre (or as close as i dare get to it), and then heading over. But looking at the map, it's a lot further out than i thought. Might have to sack it off. But want to go as I missed last season's game too.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Heard it hold nearly 100,000 they should just about to be able to cope with our fans! :)

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:12 pm

jonn wrote:Warning to anyone planning to stick around after the game and then drive home: the A1(M) northbound between Dishforth and Scotch Corner will be closed from 8pm for roadworks; diversions could be lengthy.
up the A19 through Northallerton not that bad to be fair...

Sat ont shitter

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:54 pm

GraemeT wrote:Can you recommend any ale houses which do food on the route from the railway station to the ground.

Graeme
Had a quick look today.The Pride of The Peaks at the top of the hill when you come out of New Mills Central Station is the best I was told but not eaten there myself.

The Beehive didnt look as if it did food when I went past today(was closed so couldnt go in) but it did in the past.

Sorry cant be more help as dont go out in New Mills much,its a bit too "The Hills have eyes" for me.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Spyman wrote:

but not a very impressive pitch based on last year's game. Ground is OK.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:01 am

princes town wrote:
Spyman wrote:

but not a very impressive pitch based on last year's game. Ground is OK.
On a bad slope plus is used by younger age groups so gets some hammer,my lad played there at U17s this season.Darlo to smash them today.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:28 am

Salfords match at Ossett off,severe damage to pitch(?),so good chance to put more pressure on them.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:09 am

Apparently they had a vehicle on the pitch to repair floodlights and this caused the damage.

GraemeT

Post by GraemeT » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
GraemeT wrote:Can you recommend any ale houses which do food on the route from the railway station to the ground.

Graeme
Had a quick look today.The Pride of The Peaks at the top of the hill when you come out of New Mills Central Station is the best I was told but not eaten there myself.

The Beehive didnt look as if it did food when I went past today(was closed so couldnt go in) but it did in the past.

Sorry cant be more help as dont go out in New Mills much,its a bit too "The Hills have eyes" for me.

Cheers

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:15 am

Are we waiting for a "GAME ON"message?

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 am

Just rang New Mills,they are waiting for a ref to say yes or no,pitch a bit crusty in places.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:59 am

Twintowers wrote:Just rang New Mills,they are waiting for a ref to say yes or no,pitch a bit crusty in places.
Just been on pitch and its ok where the suns on it but the goal by the Club house has not had sun on it at all yet.The New Mills guys have said that they have a Ref there at 11am....I dont think he will pass it fit at 11,just my opinion.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:09 am

These two are off already due to frozen pitch.

Farsley v Bamber Bridge
Mossley v Spennymoor

Off due to pitch damage (called off earlier in week)

Ossett Town v Salford

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:20 am

Rumour is game off.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:42 am

CrazyDarlo wrote:Rumour is game off.
Confirmed Match OFF (DFC facebook @ 11:38)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:49 am

Yep game off.

The following suspensions now stand, Hatch and Brown can enjoy Christmas Day!

13th Dec - Bamber Bridge - Hunter, Brown & Hatch
20th Dec - Radcliffe Borough - Brown & Hatch
26th Dec - Scarborough - Brown & Hatch

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:51 am

Just spoke to the Real Ale Crew and managed to stop them getting on the train to New Mills from Sheffield,they have a long day as have to get the 9pm out of Sheffield on the way back!