Latest odds

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AIDO
Team Supported: Darlington

Latest odds

Post by AIDO » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Last week the odds were 30/100 Salford with us third favourites at 8/1 and Spennymoor at 7/1 ......

Salford still favourites but it's shortening quite significantly ....

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/en ... hern-div-1

joejaques

Re: Latest odds

Post by joejaques » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:38 pm

How the feck can they have Spenny at shorter odds than us when we've just completed the double over them? Was it not updated after last night's result? :roll:

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:04 pm

They havnt. We are 3/1 and Spen 7/1. Or maybe its cos we havnt beaten anybody yet.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 pm

i don't think you can ignore Droylsden. If you look at their goalscoring records, it's outstanding. Remember we have beaten 2 teams with 7 goals this year and they are still miles ahead of us

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:05 pm

... soz lads, I didn't realise that some might not be able to pick up the link I copied.

Salford are now 4/5 from 30/100 and Darlo 3/1 from 8/1. Spennymoor have stayed at 7/1 strangely, although they do have some games where they might catch up to Droylsden .... who, by the way, despite scoring 3 a game, let in far too many goals ... about 2 a game, I believe. Besides, they seriously weren't very good when we lost there .... we just had a shocking second half.

From Salford being two points above us and with three games in hand, they now need to win and draw their two games in hand to go above us.

Just keep the momentum going lads!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:18 pm

And now its virtually neck n neck .... Their favouritism stems from the 92 manure stuff no doubt. Check the link out:

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/en ... hern-div-1

.... and once again .... national media, of sorts, without the silly numbers in our name!
Last edited by AIDO on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:28 pm

AIDO wrote:Their favouritism stems from the 92 manure stuff no doubt.
Are you really that paranoid?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 pm

I think the favouritsm isn't there it's just what most think that Salford can go out and sign a number of players from the above league or more.

The odds are no doubt waited towards them still on that basis, imagine if we lose Amar, Dowson and Thompson due to injury again. To be honest more than happy for eveyone to treat us as outsiders for the title and concentrate on Salford.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:46 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I think the favouritsm isn't there it's just what most think that Salford can go out and sign a number of players from the above league or more.

The odds are no doubt waited towards them still on that basis, imagine if we lose Amar, Dowson and Thompson due to injury again. To be honest more than happy for eveyone to treat us as outsiders for the title and concentrate on Salford.
In betting circles (the context of this thread) favourites are always rated on individual circumstances .... I think someone has taken my use of the word "favouritism" out of context from what I implied ... but thanks for clarifying ... ;)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Haha. I am happy for everyone to ignore us completely and we quietly get on with winning as many games as possible in the back ground.

Listened to the Evo Stick show and they said we are quietly getting on with it this year and I agree.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:17 pm

... the only reason we are "doing it quietly" is because everyone is trying to ignore us .... oops, there goes my paranoiac tendencies again ... lol

Seriously tho .... To win 11 in a row (9 in the league) and to have so many clean sheets to boot is incredible at any level of football, and deserves perhaps, a little more recognition. But hey! I'm with you on this .... lets just keep it going. Blooming shame I never got that bet on BV last week when we were at 8/1 ....

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:04 am

But despite that amazing run Salford can still draw level with us if they win their games in hand. Then it is level pegging for the rest of the season - maybe that is why we are neck and neck now whereas previously they were favourites.

I think the bookies odds changes are pretty much an identical reflection oh how people on here have judged our title chances against Salford as the season has started to develop.

Still a long way to go!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:53 am

lo36789 wrote:But despite that amazing run Salford can still draw level with us if they win their games in hand. Then it is level pegging for the rest of the season - maybe that is why we are neck and neck now whereas previously they were favourites.

I think the bookies odds changes are pretty much an identical reflection oh how people on here have judged our title chances against Salford as the season has started to develop.

Still a long way to go!
.... very true, but Salford had an amazing run themselves don't forget, at the start of the season, when they seriously looked as though they were going to walk it. The bookies had them at 1/4 and were literally going to shut their books ..... This would also be based on the fact that us and others had little or no form at that time .... but now our form (and to a lesser extent, that of Droylsden and Northwich) has surged, so the odds have naturally narrowed.

Their favourite ranking is now, presumably, based on the fact that they have the class of 92 (Manchester United ex star player quintet) chomping at the bit behind the scenes. Unlike us, presumably, they can spend, spend, spend when the going gets tough.

However, unlike us, they don't appear to have the team spirit and togetherness that only the last two years or so (and MG) has nurtured in Darlo.

No doubt it will be very close and exciting, but this year our recent run has propelled us to a position, where, already our destiny is in our own hands (would normally make us favourites in bookies eyes). This was never the case last season, and despite not getting that bet on when we were 8/1 ... only 11 or 12 days ago ..... I, and the other couple of thousand fans who follow their success one way or another, are loving it! Long may it continue.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:53 am

Don't forget people, our goal difference is almost as good as an extra point. Even if Salford win their games in hand both by 4-0, they will still be 10 goals behind. :D :roll:

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 pm

joejaques wrote:Don't forget people, our goal difference is almost as good as an extra point. Even if Salford win their games in hand both by 4-0, they will still be 10 goals behind. :D :roll:
:arrow: ... https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/en ... hern-div-1 .....

:crazy: .... These results for Salford were always on the cards .... maybe not as spectacular as this but .... it was coming. The odds now rightly suggest that it is ours to lose .... even at this relatively early stage.

If we could get two more crucial signings at this critical stage at RB and CB (needed regardless of the current suspensions and those looming), this would enable us to pull clear of our rivals, at a time when they are floundering. A sort of knock out blow, so as to speak!

We can't afford to "just get by" until they return. Am never one to go back and source past players but it is pretty obvious to most that Harrison at Dunston was and still is a class act and would do a great job for us at RB. On his second stint at Darlo he was very very impressive as a flying right back.

At CB am not sure who is out there but clearly MG knows the craic and the best of times is certainly now ;) ... In more ways than one .... :D

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Bamber Bridge look a big price at 25/1.