Parking at Heritage Park

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TDS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Parking at Heritage Park

Post by TDS » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:01 am

Darlogramps wrote:
TDS wrote: I had you down as a decent contributor on this board a few months ago (if that).

Has somebody recently shagged your wife or something?! You've turned into a proper argumentative c*** lately!! :silent:
You say that like it's a bad thing ;)

May be I am an argumentative c***. I'd like to think I just stand up for my opinions and challenge others when they're being arsey. But that's a matter of perception.

If people don't like that then that's their problem. So long as I'm not being abusive then what's the issue?
:lol:

At the end of the day people give what they can, it is their choice, many people turn up to take a days enjoyment out of the club for a ticket price and nothing more, and some others turn up and buy a ticket, 4 pints, car parking, a home and away shirt, put a tenner in the B2D fund, 50/50 tickets etc.

It is up to each individual and I personally hate the under current eminating from certain areas that you're less of a fan if you aren't doing everything you can financially. It is a huge part of the club at the moment but some fans just can't do anymore, or even don't want to and that is entirely up to them.

I myself can't wait until we're back in Darlington and I can have a few pints in town and stroll down to the ground and have a few more, I hope I don't get berated at the gates for not having my fill at BM however (starting to sound like fattyeatsroadkill now!)

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:33 am

100% agree with TDS.

People give what they can and want to.

We park in Tesco's, buy 2 match tickets and a 50/50 between us every game. Yes the club needs every penny it can, however i don't think it should be an issue where people park.

If people want to use the club car park and give an extra 3 quid to the club good on them

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:42 am

TDS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
TDS wrote: I had you down as a decent contributor on this board a few months ago (if that).

Has somebody recently shagged your wife or something?! You've turned into a proper argumentative c*** lately!! :silent:

May be I am an argumentative c***. I'd like to think I just stand up for my opinions and challenge others when they're being arsey. But that's a matter of perception.

If people don't like that then that's their problem. So long as I'm not being abusive then what's the issue?

At the end of the day people give what they can, it is their choice, many people turn up to take a days enjoyment out of the club for a ticket price and nothing more, and some others turn up and buy a ticket, 4 pints, car parking, a home and away shirt, put a tenner in the B2D fund, 50/50 tickets etc.

It is up to each individual and I personally hate the under current eminating from certain areas that you're less of a fan if you aren't doing everything you can financially. It is a huge part of the club at the moment but some fans just can't do anymore, or even don't want to and that is entirely up to them.

I myself can't wait until we're back in Darlington and I can have a few pints in town and stroll down to the ground and have a few more, I hope I don't get berated at the gates for not having my fill at BM however (starting to sound like fattyeatsroadkill now!)
Wtf you on about? You having a dig at me?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:11 pm

I would have quite happily have paid for a season car park pass,but if you look back to preseason,the club said because of the move in season to B,M there would not be season car park tickets available , this lost revenue that could have been made,maybe a decision made to early.i now park wherever is available for a quick getaway,especially on evenings with kids to get up for school

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
TDS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Wtf you on about? You having a dig at me?
No fatty. Only tongue in cheek mate, chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:50 pm

onewayup wrote:I would have quite happily have paid for a season car park pass,but if you look back to preseason,the club said because of the move in season to B,M there would not be season car park tickets available , this lost revenue that could have been made,maybe a decision made to early.i now park wherever is available for a quick getaway,especially on evenings with kids to get up for school
Pardon my ignorance - what was the saving last season on a parking season ticket, compared to paying on the day?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

davey247

Post by davey247 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:21 pm

I always park in there. Feel like I'm doing the right thing.

In terms of getting out, there is now so few people parking in there that on Saturday I was straight out no bother at all. Would go as far as recommending it.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Spyman wrote:
onewayup wrote:I would have quite happily have paid for a season car park pass,but if you look back to preseason,the club said because of the move in season to B,M there would not be season car park tickets available , this lost revenue that could have been made,maybe a decision made to early.i now park wherever is available for a quick getaway,especially on evenings with kids to get up for school
Pardon my ignorance - what was the saving last season on a parking season ticket, compared to paying on the day?
Season pass costs £50, or £3 per game