Club of the Month

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Club of the Month

Post by AndyPark » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Club of the Month

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Quite right too! :clap:
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 pm

But not the 1883 bit :(
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo will

Post by Darlo will » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Who the hell are Darlington 1883? Never heard of them - must be some FA mistake
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:45 am

When you read the Evostik blurb .... they give us the award almost begrudgingly .... praising Warrington for their efforts ..... :roll:

... hey ho ... :arrow:

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/rams-are ... des-21598/

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:44 pm

The award will be made by former Darlo keeper Alan Ogley's son, Mark, before the Doodson Cup game at home to Whitby.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:03 pm

Is this the 1st one MG's had since he joined us? Can't recall one last season and we deffo would not get one from the 6 fingered brigade

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:41 pm

I may have misread, but according to that, Warrington narrowly missed out despite winning 2 games, drawing 1, and losing 2 in the month.

Yep, a close run thing between 2-1-2 and 7-0-0.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:02 pm

Spyman wrote:I may have misread, but according to that, Warrington narrowly missed out despite winning 2 games, drawing 1, and losing 2 in the month.

YeImp, a close run thing between 2-1-2 and 7-0-0.
I think the closest team to us were Spenny, I don't know exactly what their record for the month was but it was very good....If you add the Micky Mouse DCC game you could even argue it was better.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:44 pm

My opinion wrote:
Spyman wrote:I may have misread, but according to that, Warrington narrowly missed out despite winning 2 games, drawing 1, and losing 2 in the month.

YeImp, a close run thing between 2-1-2 and 7-0-0.
I think the closest team to us were Spenny, I don't know exactly what their record for the month was but it was very good....If you add the Micky Mouse DCC game you could even argue it was better.
Sorry, forgot about our youth team run-out against Spenny. Our record should read 7-0-1 if we're counting that.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Not even the Northern Echo are including that one .... MG didn't go neither because it wasn't "his" team ... He left it to the youth coach.

I don't know why it irritates me so much when reading the Evostik blurb ... but it does! They use more words to describe how close Warrington were to winning the award than on us who actually won the bloomin thing as we steam rolled October!

divas

Post by divas » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:29 pm

Warrington made it to the first round of the FA Cup which is why I imagine they ran us close.
Good job it's being presented at the cup game, awards like this have a tendency to bring bad luck.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Hope it's not like manager of the month, which usually precedes a slump in form. :roll:

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:26 pm

Darlo will wrote:Who the hell are Darlington 1883? Never heard of them - must be some FA mistake
I think you find '1883' is on our official club name.
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:53 pm

No it aint - our name is Darlington Football Club. Always has been, always will be.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 pm

MKDarlo wrote:No it aint - our name is Darlington Football Club. Always has been, always will be.
You need to change MKDarlo to MKCanute. We are not Darlington Football Club.
Hopefully, one day we will be again.
Things don't change just because we don't like it. :roll:
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Darlo Till I Die wrote:
Darlo will wrote:Who the hell are Darlington 1883? Never heard of them - must be some FA mistake
I think you find '1883' is on our official club name.
Depends what you class as the official name.

The one the rescue group bought the legal rights to in 2012, or the one we were forced into picking because of the FA.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:47 pm

RUMPLESTILTSKIN wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:No it aint - our name is Darlington Football Club. Always has been, always will be.
... well that might be but at least St Neot's have got it right ..... Well done to them!

:arrow: .... http://www.stneotstownfc.co.uk/news/sai ... rophy.html

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Our club is called Darlington FC, but the FA choose to call us by another name. That's their right, but it doesn't change our name.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:57 pm

I see Hereford are in the draw! We could have maybe got them.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

I don't get it. As fans we're taking the morale high ground, paying off debts incurred by Darlington Football club. And some of us appear indifferent to the 1883.

What is middlesborough's official name these days versus what everyone calls them? Genuine question by the way.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:20 pm

.... I know many many Darlo supporters and not once in the last few years since that ridiculous FA ruling, have I ever heard those numbers used by any of them. Each to ones own and all that but Darlo's Darlo if you know what I mean .... More and more often these days in newspaper reports, both locally and nationally, the numbers are increasingly ignored. Only official results, Evostik stuff and FA bulletins do we ever see it. Good to see St Neot's call us Darlington Football Club .... Either intentionally or otherwise .... it's good to see.

It is surprising that some fans on here, albeit a handful, seem determined to argue the contrary!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:15 pm

A couple of lads on twitter asked them to not use the 1883 & they said no problem, credit to them

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:29 pm

AIDO wrote:.... I know many many Darlo supporters and not once in the last few years since that ridiculous FA ruling, have I ever heard those numbers used by any of them. Each to ones own and all that but Darlo's Darlo if you know what I mean .... More and more often these days in newspaper reports, both locally and nationally, the numbers are increasingly ignored. Only official results, Evostik stuff and FA bulletins do we ever see it. Good to see St Neot's call us Darlington Football Club .... Either intentionally or otherwise .... it's good to see.

It is surprising that some fans on here, albeit a handful, seem determined to argue the contrary!
I can only assume said fans have never stood on the polam end lamenting a lacklustre draw against Rochdale in the 70's. Nor leaving feethams after pumping Swansea 6-0 years later.

I'm all for progress but the thing that really riles me is the moral point of paying off the debt to retain our history. Perhaps those who embrace the 1883 thing are those who don't care about running up debt and are comfortable with writing it off and starting all over again under a new name as if it didn't matter.

I'm a fan, a lifelong supporter of Darlington FC. Not darlington 1883.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:57 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I see Hereford are in the draw! We could have maybe got them.
If we were up against Hereford it would probably have been an easier game..They are also in the Southern Premier League and St Neots have beaten them twice this season

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:17 am

RUMPLESTILTSKIN wrote:
Oh look, Rumplestiltskin has a new name to call everybody that he doesn't agree with.

You're not clever, talking about about King Canute, or as others may know him King "Cnut"...as if the insult will be "above" most people. You also said the same to me the other day, not that I minded anyhow.

If you're going to insult people at least be up front about it, rather than trying to do it on the sly.

MKDarlo isn't a "Cnut", and neither will we ever be "Darlington 1883".

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 am

Not sure if anyone else caught it but we re-appeared on the Sky Sports Score Centre app for the first time on Saturday since the fans bought the club.

And we were referred to as Darlington.

That gives me hope for the future that 1883 won't follow us in mainstream media.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Spyman wrote:Our club is called Darlington FC, but the FA choose to call us by another name. That's their right, but it doesn't change our name.
Does that mean Darlington Football Club also has the right to refer to the FA with any name the club sees fit? What would be the repercussions, if any, if the club began referring to the FA as (for example) Madam Twatface?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Spyman wrote:Our club is called Darlington FC, but the FA choose to call us by another name. That's their right, but it doesn't change our name.
Does that mean Darlington Football Club also has the right to refer to the FA with any name the club sees fit? What would be the repercussions, if any, if the club began referring to the FA as (for example) Madam Twatface?
Slightly different - we're one of their members, not the other way around. I do find it odd that an organisation can dictate to another organisation what it is allowed to call itself in order to gain membership - but they make their own rules.

DC

john.dunlop.52

Post by john.dunlop.52 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:14 am

SUPER DARLINGTON FC