Safe journey one and all!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Malton Seadog
Team Supported: Scarborough Athletic

Safe journey one and all!

Post by Malton Seadog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Unfortunately, I can't make Saturday, but I'll be there in spirit (and a page in the programme!).

Hope all you Quakers have a safe journey down and enjoy our hospitality.

I get the feeling that while the meeting of our sides is seen as something of a clash of the titans from the others in the league, but I think there'll be a mutual respect given what happened to both of our clubs. The Trophy game probably won't have the same tension as the two league games, but it'll still be good to see a decent crowd at Queensgate.

Not sure we'll get the 1,000 mentioned in other posts on here. Probably 500-600 Boro and around 250 of you I'd have thought, given that it's not a league game and Christmas is slowly peering around the corner. 800ish the crowd.

Admission is £9 adults, £5 concessions, FREE for U11s when accompanied by adults.

The chippy over the road from the ground is decent enough if you fancy food before the game. There's a clubhouse at the ground which you can access from the car park or from inside the ground after you've paid.

We're having a funny season. Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 5. Home record is 7-0-1 in the league. Away record 1-1-4. Jekyll and Hyde! Don't get the impression we're totally outstanding at home though. In about 4 of those, we've come back from 1-0 and 2-0 down to win in the last minute. Just!

Should be a good game. After all, it's 1st v 5th!

Safe journey. It's a different experience than the McCain Stadium, but I'm sure we'll both be back where we belong soon.

See you on Boxing Day!

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Re: Safe journey one and all!

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:09 pm

Malton Seadog wrote:Unfortunately, I can't make Saturday, but I'll be there in spirit (and a page in the programme!).

I get the feeling that while the meeting of our sides is seen as something of a clash of the titans from the others in the league, but I think there'll be a mutual respect given what happened to both of our clubs. The Trophy game probably won't have the same tension as the two league games, but it'll still be good to see a decent crowd at Queensgate.

Not sure we'll get the 1,000 mentioned in other posts on here. Probably 500-600 Boro and around 250 of you I'd have thought, given that it's not a league game and Christmas is slowly peering around the corner. 800ish the crowd.

Admission is £9 adults, £5 concessions, FREE for U11s when accompanied by adults.

The chippy over the road from the ground is decent enough if you fancy food before the game. There's a clubhouse at the ground which you can access from the car park or from inside the ground after you've paid.

We're having a funny season. Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 5. Home record is 7-0-1 in the league. Away record 1-1-4. Jekyll and Hyde! Don't get the impression we're totally outstanding at home though. In about 4 of those, we've come back from 1-0 and 2-0 down to win in the last minute. Just!

Safe journey. It's a different experience than the McCain Stadium, but I'm sure we'll both be back where we belong soon.

See you on Boxing Day!
Great post.

Was at your game v New Mills Sat and had a chat with a couple of your fans.

From the station what are the best pubs on the way to the Clubhouse?

Maurice_Peddelty
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Malton Seadog wrote:Unfortunately, I can't make Saturday, but I'll be there in spirit (and a page in the programme!).

See you on Boxing Day!
Great post.

Definitely the Telegraph Inn. At the end of the station approach, turn left along Quay Road. Pub is 200 yards or so on the right. Ground is about 5 minutes walk from there.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

See you on Boxing Day!
Great post.

Definitely the Telegraph Inn. At the end of the station approach, turn left along Quay Road. Pub is 200 yards or so on the right. Ground is about 5 minutes walk from there.
Thats the one the Scarborough fan mentioned,thanks for that,couldnt remember the name of it.

Malton Seadog
Team Supported: Scarborough Athletic

Post by Malton Seadog » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:03 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Funny old game that, wasn't it? Dire in the first half, looked like world-beaters for parts of the second half, and dropped two points with the last kick. Enjoyable match though for a neutral, I suppose!

I'm not a huge drinker, so can't really offer much pub advice. One thing I will say is that both ends at Queensgate are largely uncovered, so wrap up warm if you like going behind the goal!

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 am

Malton Seadog wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Funny old game that, wasn't it? Dire in the first half, looked like world-beaters for parts of the second half, and dropped two points with the last kick. Enjoyable match though for a neutral, I suppose!

I'm not a huge drinker, so can't really offer much pub advice. One thing I will say is that both ends at Queensgate are largely uncovered, so wrap up warm if you like going behind the goal!

Yes enjoyable for the neutral as you say.Scarborough look a good passing team,good support from your lads as well which like Darlo is to be expected.

Had to laugh at the comments of an old boy who follows your lot from York,has badges all over his cap.Nice guy,you must know him.

He was really pissed off with the linesman after the first goal due to a poor offside decision up the other end so some old boys from New Mills started telling him to "shut up you old bugger" as he protested.

He turned round and said " Youre only here cos its Scarborough" .....made me smile.

Hope to make it to your place & sure it will be a great game.