Darlington v Burscough Highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TFDM
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v Burscough Highlights

Post by TFDM » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Extended highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjES4FwS ... e=youtu.be

60 Seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwbSoZwHoc

As always thanks to Andrew Simpson and Darlo Fans Radio for the commentary :-)

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Darlington v Burscough Highlights

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:23 am

Excellent as always. Thanks :thumbup:
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Darlo will

Post by Darlo will » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am

Still don't know how Amar didn't get that penalty! The ref had an absolute shocker
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I was debating (slightly passionately) with the fans behind me at the game. The handball that lead to the penalty for our 3rd goal... why is that not a red card? Mitch has beaten his man, who is now on the floor, run into the box all he has to do is square the ball and it must be a certain goal. But the defender deliberately sticks his hand out and slaps the ball away? i cant understand how a deliberate act of this nature doesn't merit red card?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 pm

JE93 wrote:I was debating (slightly passionately) with the fans behind me at the game. The handball that lead to the penalty for our 3rd goal... why is that not a red card? Mitch has beaten his man, who is now on the floor, run into the box all he has to do is square the ball and it must be a certain goal. But the defender deliberately sticks his hand out and slaps the ball away? i cant understand how a deliberate act of this nature doesn't merit red card?
Mitchell was practically online with the goalie when he got passed. Not a clear goal scoring opportunity for me. Correct decision by the ref

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:34 pm

I thought we should have had another penalty at 10:47. Commentator said foul happened outside box but continued in so was technically a penalty. Is that right? Ridiculous offside in first half when ball was passed back from byline by Mitchell was also strange. Officials were not great yesterday.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:52 pm

As princess says the commentator said " the foul started outside and continued in the box" watching it it started on the line (which i believe means it's inside) and continued closer to goal than the edge of the box. Very strange decision. dont think it was a red for the penalty but of course i shouted for one :D

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Andrew's commentary - apple hasn't fallen far from the tree :)

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:17 pm

The law is that if it starts outside continues in then it is a penalty. Watching the replay though I am not sure how much of a foul there is. It does look like Purewal is backing in then as the players turn he starts to fall as the player is no longer there to lean into. There are hands, but I am not sure he really tugs Purewal down, they just seem to be touching him - really not sure they are culpable for him falling over, I think that was self inflicted, but it does look messy.

The assistant referee over that far side seemed to be a bit 'busy' to me. He gave that one when all he could feasibly see was the back of the Burscough player, so he couldn't possible tell whether Purewal was tugged/pulled.

He also made the decision with the free-kick against Alan White when since he is no-where near in line with the incident he is a good 30 yards away. The referee is about half that distance. I wouldn't be surprised if that hampered the referee's credibility for the rest of the game.

Laughing out loud at the suggestions for a red card! How is that in anyway denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity? A goalkeeper wouldn't even get binned if he wiped someone out in that position!