Corporal Jones... Don't Panic , Don't Panic

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

notgnilrad
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Corporal Jones... Don't Panic , Don't Panic

Post by notgnilrad » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:[/b]
notgnilrad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
notgnilrad wrote: To be fair I don't think fans were impatient, its just we were told we expected to be in after the New Year hence why there were hybrid tickets at the start of the season.
No work had been done at BM and there was no communication (yes I know its volunteers) so one rumour could start very quickly and spread and to be honest, I was a bit worried nothing had been said but all it has took was just one statement which has now happened and everything is rosy in the garden now.

Being a Darlo fan things never happen smoothly, I remember in 1982 when we had to find £50,000 to survive and from then on there has been 3 administrations the last one which nearly KO'd us so I think being a little impatient is a bit harsh to say for us fans we just want what's best and if there is any inkling of an issue to threaten the club I would like to know.

You're justifying the hysteria we saw in that thread by blaming the club for a lack of communication.

The individual fans who spread these rumours are to blame for the embarrassing farce that ensued.

A lot of it is down to perception. Some people see a crisis where there isn't. Causing a panic isn't helpful to the club.

And you can't use the past to justify hysteria.
I wasn't justifying it I said it was a bit harsh, what would you rather have no fans not worrying because if that did happen then we would be well and truly knacked.
And I can and will use the past as we have been kept in the dark in 1982 and other times when in trouble and it escalated to the problems getting worse especially when we nearly went out of existence in 1982.
If I can't ask questions on a Darlington FC forum about Darlington FC items then we might as well close the bloody thing.
There is a hunt mentality on this forum that if you don't say ultra positives thing about the club you get hunted down and ask you to F-off
Not very nice community fans forum is it more of a dictatorship forum.
Different when the clique try hunting you down though eh?
Fortunately some people are like Reynard the Fox, or Carlos the Jackal. :shh:
Hahahah very funny, you don't have to try I'm here anyone can PM me and I don't mind talking to people face to face.
I was thinking maybe Fatty will pick up on this and put that in bold and reply because when I read this forum which I do every day but don't reply normally I was thinking of you when I put it. :clap:

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Really?

It's not often im on here since I got told off for posting on match days, questioning Dim and calling the wannabe chairman out.

Too busy playing clash of clans these days :shh:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Really?

It's not often im on here since I got told off for posting on match days, questioning Dim and calling the wannabe chairman out.

Too busy playing clash of clans these days :shh:

Well maybe you have calmed down a bit, so I apologise then if you have.

Clash of Clans love it by the way on it myself. :thumbup:

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:All the people who disagree with me, ask yourself this - is the hysteria, rumour spreading and misinformation seen in that thread (which is quoted in the media) justifiable?

I'm not asking if people's concerns were justifiable. Was the level of hysteria justified?

I'd be interested to hear anyone try and defend the madness in that thread.
The level the rumour went to was probably a bit far, I will agree with that.

The news - which came from the rugby club is good, but doesn't yet tell me how much we need and if we can afford it so it doesn't quite put the rumours to bed.

Can anyone confirm that we can afford it? I would guess not. Solution is to let the fans know what is required so a push can be made for cash

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:15 pm

D_F_C wrote:The level the rumour went to was probably a bit far, I will agree with that.

The news - which came from the rugby club is good, but doesn't yet tell me how much we need and if we can afford it so it doesn't quite put the rumours to bed.

Can anyone confirm that we can afford it? I would guess not. Solution is to let the fans know what is required so a push can be made for cash
Sounds like this guy is determined to carry on panicking ..... come what may ... :D ... :roll:

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:17 am

D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:All the people who disagree with me, ask yourself this - is the hysteria, rumour spreading and misinformation seen in that thread (which is quoted in the media) justifiable?

I'm not asking if people's concerns were justifiable. Was the level of hysteria justified?

And if you had digested and understood the previous club statement, you would know when information regarding cost and funding is likely to be disclosed.

Likewise, if you had understood the previous statement, you would have realised that a further statement wasn't necessary.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 am

D_F_C wrote:

You're behaving like a troll and seem determined to re-ignite the flames. If you believe there is information that you feel you are entitled to at this juncture, put your questions to Dave Mills at dave@dfc1883.co.uk and by all means share his reply with us.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:18 am

D_F_C wrote:The news - which came from the rugby club is good, but doesn't yet tell me how much we need and if we can afford it so it doesn't quite put the rumours to bed.

Can anyone confirm that we can afford it? I would guess not.
The statement also doesn't say we can't afford it. The statement also didn't deny the following things.

> That we will be playing in blue and white stripes next season
> Instead of investing in the playing squad, we are going to instead purchase a lot of Darlington pin badges and hope to turn a profit eventually
> That we are considering replacing Martin Gray as manager with Leo Fortune-West
> That we sold the Dan Burn clause back to Fulham for a wooly hat, because Martin Jesper's ears were getting cold at matches.

I assume because they didn't confirm that these things weren't true, they must be your logic be true. I demand a statement from the club to put to bed these rumours...

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:33 am

Blue & White Stripes?

Darlo?

Next season?

Say it isn't so...
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 am

I'm sure those involved have a good idea of approximate costs by now.

I'm sure if these approximate costs were unattainably high then we wouldn't be pursueing the move to Blackwell Meadows.

I'm sure we don't all need that spelling out to us.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:43 pm

I dunno know Spyman. There's plenty of windowlickers that can't spell 'that' and need help.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!