gott or emms

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

longlivedarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

gott or emms

Post by longlivedarlo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:22 am

we struggling to fill the bench with good players, can we not loan one or two of our ex-players who could do a job, i watched gott for marske against shildon where emms was on the bench for shildon, maybe injured i don’t know but worth a shout surely. They can play as its a different league and transfer rules don’t apply im sure about that. Anyone have any idea about this
Last edited by longlivedarlo on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndyPark

Re: gott or emms

Post by AndyPark » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:04 am

Yeah, because there clubs will be happy to just offload players at our request whenever we want.

Sadly, that won't happen. It'll be a youth teamerr who replaces Robinson in the line up/bench until we have our best team ready.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am

Think you should stop living in the past. Its two years since Emms played for us and a year since Gott did.
They have moved on and so should we.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:45 am

I think we should bring Hodgy back too. Could 'do a job' on the coaching team.

What about Barry Conlon? He could do a job too.

Liddle, Shelton Martis, Ron Greener, Jesper Hjorth.

In fact anyone who can do a job - just so long as they used to play for us, I don't care.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:51 am

Basically the only local players we can get are guys that are asking to be released like Graydon because the are not happy to be bench warmers, but if they come to us chances are they will be the same so why should they?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Ruddy (Winger I believe) is available for loan from Shildon, I can't say I know enough about the player or if he would be willing to do a month at Darlo. We probably need to look at these type of players short term though.

On the other front Emms doesn't want to travel and Marske don't want to sell Gott so both are dead ends currently and have probably been discussed enough.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I think we should bring Hodgy back too. Could 'do a job' on the coaching team.

In fact anyone who can do a job - just so long as they used to play for us, I don't care.
:lol:

Damn right! We just need to bring back Ron Greener, David Currie and the actual Les McJannett, not the one that posts on here - and we're sorted.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Would have Gott back, but he wouldn't play every week so not sure if he'd be happy with that.

I think Mitchell is better than Emms and not sure if Emms quite be the same force at this level. Plus doesn't want to travel

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:45 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:I think we should bring Hodgy back too. Could 'do a job' on the coaching team.

:lol:

Damn right! We just need to bring back Ron Greener, David Currie and the actual Les McJannett, not the one that posts on here - and we're sorted.
I can cover left back but time has caught up to me now and I reckon Watson would just edge it in that position.

Can I recommend my friend in midfield Gary Gill ;) Fills the thread criteria as played for Darlo before and probably won't ever play again for us!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:52 pm

I wonder what Mor Diop is upto these days?....

Seriously though I'd have had Emms back in a flash last season, however as has mentioned above now we have Mitchell along with Portas in midfield he wouldn't get a sniff unless one of them was injured.

Also both left because they couldn't travel, I very much doubt either would be in a hurry to come and warm the bench.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Oh a Gott and Emms thread, that's new. No wait, it isn't. Should we get this stickied so that in 10days it can just be added to rather than starting a new one.

To summarise the other threads. People would like Gott, but he isn't as good as Portas, and he left last time because he wasn't playing. Emms doesn't want to travel, and he is not as good as Mitchell.

If we are going to loan anyone, I would prefer we looked at Gateshead players returning from injury. Possibly even York/Carlisle lads as well, but not sure on the transfer window rules around that.
Darlogramps wrote:Liddle, Shelton Martis, Ron Greener, Jesper Hjorth.
Looked up Shelton Martis, last I heard he was Donny. He is now in the Thai Premier League. Seems a bit of a decline for him. Thought he would have found himself a Conference club at least.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Thai Premier League you say.....

Maybe we can sign him and wait 3 months before he gets clearance to make his debut.

longlivedarlo

Post by longlivedarlo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:05 pm

ok was only a suggestion as i read that we down on bodies. just to point out thought there’s very little difference between the tiers here, look at Shildon’s run beat 2 teams higher that this level, i think its only full time and semi pro where you would see a gap. I think we all know if the best 11 could get through a season then promotion would be confirmed by the end of January. This is the team the squad plays a big part.
Last edited by longlivedarlo on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lewis1k89

Post by lewis1k89 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Gott left cause he was in the bench, so he's not going to come back to sit in the bench again

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:08 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Thai Premier League you say.....

Maybe we can sign him and wait 3 months before he gets clearance to make his debut.
Good idea, then he can sit on the bench & not live up to expectation :roll: :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:24 pm

I think they could do a job.

Do you think they could do a job?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:05 pm

lewis1k89 wrote:Gott left cause he was in the bench, so he's not going to come back to sit in the bench again
Sitting IN the bench? Sounds painful. No wonder he left.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY