Darlington v Ossett Albion Highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TFDM
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v Ossett Albion Highlights

Post by TFDM » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:04 am

Bogratsteve

Re: Darlington v Ossett Albion Highlights

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 am

Excellent Kev, it's working really well with the radio commentary, some great passing last night

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:35 am

It was a game we had to win, hindered by the early sub of Armstrong but we did the job well. As you say Bograt, some brilliant movement and passing, Scott and Portas mopping brilliantly and Brown always involved.

Shame Thommo still hasn't found his form!

Cheers Kev.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:48 am

Commentary does work really well. As always, watching this is the highlight of my day following a match, but a bit of constructive criticisim; are the squads neccessary. Must use a minute of footage just for the reading of the teams.

Watching back there was some great footy played in the second half. And two really well worked goals. I don't get how people think we're a long ball team.

Hopefully Armstrong is going to be okay as we're looking a bit thin up front.

Watching Thommo is like watching Rooney. His movement and how he strikes the ball. Also, his demeanour when things aren't going right.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Thommo needs to go on loan for a month to a northern league club start scoring some goals and get his confidence back then we might see the Thommo we know come back.
just a silly thought

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Lol With the depth of our squad!!!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:33 pm

That is a silly thought. Even at 70% he's better than most other players in this division.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:29 am

dickdarlington wrote: Watching Thommo is like watching Rooney. His movement and how he strikes the ball. Also, his demeanour when things aren't going right.
I've often thought the Rooney comparison bears scrutiny. They're a similar build, thrive in a similar role that's neither striker nor midfielder, and are both somewhat mercurial.

I always felt with Rooney that as his conduct improves - bear in mind his recent red card was exceptional for its recent rarity, and his yellow card count is very low now - at the same time his form wanes, and I've found myself wondering whether Thommo has found the same. For both, getting their heads down is interpreted as sulking by some.

Sending him out on loan would be daft. A friend came to the New Mills away game with me having not yet seen Thommo play. I told him beforehand, 'it's ridiculous, you watch the match and he's just so far ahead of everyone else on the field it barely seems fair'. After his first of two superb goals, my mate just looked at me and went, 'yeah. I see what you mean.' His current form is mediocre only by the standards he has set for himself.