A win made all the sweeter...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Al Sharp
Team Supported: Darlington

A win made all the sweeter...

Post by Al Sharp » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:17 pm

...by the fact that Hartlepool, who have just been leapfrogged at the bottom of the table by Carlisle in a 3-0 home drubbing, are in meltdown, judging by the histrionics of the Poolies I know anyway.

A Poolie mate of mine (who I'm currently laying into via text, of course) is utterly, utterly raging at their current predicament, toys being thrown out of the pram left right and centre at how they are being 'shafted' by IOR. Chickens coming home to roost, as I am taking great delight in telling him. Apparently there was an attempt at a protest last week, (you can just imagine, 'What do we want?' 'LIMITLESS SUBSIDIES!' 'When do we want them?' 'FOREVER'), there was supposed to be a mass walkout but only a couple of dozen bothered.

This was explained away by my mate as being a consequence of the fans being 'alienated' and 'just not giving a fuck any more' :lol: Reminds me of a fat, spoilt teenager hooting and howling about the fact that his rich dad has stopped slipping him tenners all the time and made him get a paper round...which, of course, I've also taken great delight in telling him. :D

After taking years of stick off him and others about our various financial woes in comparison with 'well-run' Pools, can't say I feel sorry for them in the slightest. Looks like their decade and a half-long IOR-funded break from reality is finally coming to a well overdue end.
Last edited by Al Sharp on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twintowers

Re: A win made all the sweeter...

Post by Twintowers » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Ex Penrith lad Stephen Rigg got Carlisles first.Good to see him doing well as the guy scored loads from midfield for Penrith.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Al Sharp wrote:...by the fact that Hartlepool, who have just been leapfrogged at the bottom of the table by Carlisle in a 3-0 home drubbing, are in meltdown, according to the Poolies I know anyway.

A Poolie mate of mine (who I'm currently laying into via text, of course) is utterly, utterly raging at their current predicament, toys being thrown out of the pram left right and centre at how they are being 'shafted' by IOR. Chickens coming home to roost, as I am taking great delight in telling him. Apparently there was an attempt at a protest last week, (you can just imagine, 'What do we want?' 'LIMITLESS SUBSIDIES!' 'When do we want them?' 'FOREVER'), there was supposed to be a mass walkout but only a couple of dozen bothered.

This was explained away by my mate as being a consequence of the fans being 'alienated' and 'just not giving a fuck any more' :lol: Reminds me of a fat, spoilt teenager hooting and howling about the fact that his rich dad has stopped slipping him tenners all the time and made him get a paper round...which, of course, I've also taken great delight in telling him. :D

After taking years of stick off him and others about our various financial woes in comparison with 'well-run' Pools, can't say I feel sorry for them in the slightest. Looks like their decade and a half-long IOR-funded break from reality is finally coming to a well overdue end.
A brilliant read, and about time too.

Ideally, they will get relegated and feel the pain of being non league and if IOR won't sub them, they'll never get back out.

Then hopefully IOR will drop them altogether, see how smug the chimp choking cunnts look then.

An administration or two would also be great, though if they ever went pop they would still be in a better position than what we were ground wise, having an appropriate sized, in town, council owned venue to play in.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 pm

I fear for all he animals in the hartlepool area this week. No doubt in mondays echo there'll be a story of something shot, burnt or shagged!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Al Sharp wrote:...by the fact that Hartlepool, who have just been leapfrogged at the bottom of the table by Carlisle in a 3-0 home drubbing, are in meltdown, judging by the histrionics of the Poolies I know anyway.

there was supposed to be a mass walkout but only a couple of dozen bothered.
That would be a mass walk out in Hangersville, wouldn't it? :roll:

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:36 pm

They ain't happy in the bunker

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:They ain't happy in the bunker
'.....for the first time in my life, I deliberately chose, with NOTHING else in the way or to do, to miss a Pools Home game. My club is dead.'

'The club could simply be ran by admin staff at the moment for all ior are putting in. I'll say it again... I absolutely hate them '

'the bigger picture is as a club we are totally fucked wherever happens next'

'Don't feel like going again been through thick and thin for over 40 years but never has it been this bad.'

:lol:

Despite being all fucked and dead and at their lowest ebb for 400 years and whatnot, I bet the jammy fuckers turn it around, so I'm going to enjoy these amateur dramatics while they last!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:I fear for all he animals in the hartlepool area this week. No doubt in mondays echo there'll be a story of something shot, burnt or shagged!
Don't you mean shot, burnt and shagged?

:lol:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Al Sharp wrote:
'The club could simply be ran by admin staff at the moment for all ior are putting in. I'll say it again... I absolutely hate them '
Hates the company that has put about £12 million into Pools over 15 years, reduced season ticket prices to pennies, provided enough funds to sustain them in L1 for many seasons along with players that they'd not normally afford?

Short memories, but would expect nothing more from chokersville.

"Toot toot, mind the gap!", "we are a model of a well ran club" etc etc etc.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:54 pm

God, I'd virtually forgotten all about those perple shert wearing, ape abusing, kiddly fiddling, smackhead fuckwits.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Quakerz wrote: Hates the company that has put about £12 million into Pools over 15 years
The amount of money that is now on the books as a loan.......
If IOR are forced out will they be willing to write off the £12m or will they pull the plug and stick them in administration?

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:04 pm

reports Cooper has resigned

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:04 pm

So they say

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Our lass works in hartlepool, if I make her take the car with a Darlo sticker in the window do you think they'd shoot, burn and shag it?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Having a quick scan of the poolie bunker reminds me a bit of when we went down from L2. Obviously, they are no where near the state we were in then, but the similarities are there.

Whether they go down this season or not, unless IOR start spending again (seems pretty unlikely), or they find a buyer (again unlikely, what with £12m owed to IOR), they will end up mid table in the conference in a few years time. At best. It wouldn't surprise me if IOR pull the plug - they seem to have completely lost interest.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Ooh me ribs.

number_one

Post by number_one » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Quakerz you are out of order suggesting that it would be good for them to go into Admin, with our recent history no Darlo fan should wish that on Hartlepool.

Instead they should fucking wish full on liquidisation, against my better judgement I would like it to be quick, need IOR to do one, which they will, uncle ken fighting on the terraces with the disgruntled fans and then bingo, all settled, game over.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Don't be silly lads that club is known as .... A well run club...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Just hope they get relegated...twice. Gives some extra motivation for us to get promoted consecutively and we will be meeting then in the BSN in the 2016/17 season.

If IOR stick around that actually looks likely. If they sell they might get bought by a Jeff as telling lead consortium and it might stop the decline!

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:27 pm

Had my first ever look on the Bunker and this is the first thread (honest) I clicked on. :lol:

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker ... =2&t=54418

Love it!

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Quaker0006 wrote:reports Cooper has resigned

yes he has. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29493227

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Tragedy for the football league if such a trophy-laiden club were to bow out. What a crazy ride the last 100 years have been for the 3-time League 2 January Manager Of The Month winners - http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/ ... 25418.aspx

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Looks like Graham Kavanagh is the front runner too - not entirely sure I'd be overly optimistic about that if I were a Poolie fan.
Northern League Champions 2013