Website

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lewis1k89
Team Supported: Darlington

Website

Post by lewis1k89 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Does anyone know who updates the website?

Could do with the player profiles updating, as they haven't been done since last season and quite a few of the players have left. Plus the new players haven't been added.

Darlo Till I Die

Re: Website

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:20 pm

You beat me to it
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Strangely I found this 'new' site hidden away the other day which has had the players updated (up to a point) and their kit sponsors.

http://new.darlington1883.co.uk/?page_id=42

Not sure what that is all about?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:49 pm

It wants to stay hidden until whoever it is that is doing that site realises that we are NOT, never were, and never will be "Darlington 1883"

:roll:

I'm getting a bit concerned that the number of our fans calling us Darlington 1883 is on the rise.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:20 am

Quakerz wrote:It wants to stay hidden until whoever it is that is doing that site realises that we are NOT, never were, and never will be "Darlington 1883"

:roll:

I'm getting a bit concerned that the number of our fans calling us Darlington 1883 is on the rise.

Not available at the moment, anyway.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:57 am

I asked this question privately a couple of months ago and was advised that a new site was being developed.

Just sit tight I guess. Yeh wouldn't our website URL be better if it wasn't 1883?

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:50 am

Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:04 am

The website url winds me up. I hate the 1883. I'm even getting annoyed typing this.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 am

love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly
Have you seen more Manure games or Darlington games this season?

Darlo will

Post by Darlo will » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:21 am

I couldn't give a damn about 1883 when used in a url etc, I can just ignore it. What winds me up is announcers at away games (and programmes) including the four little numbers.

I understand they may have to put them on the front of the programme as the official fixture but 1883 is not needed in manager notes or club background or anything like that!!!!!
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Darlo will wrote:I couldn't give a damn about 1883 when used in a url etc, I can just ignore it. What winds me up is announcers at away games (and programmes) including the four little numbers.

I understand they may have to put them on the front of the programme as the official fixture but 1883 is not needed in manager notes or club background or anything like that!!!!!
On that website, it's not just the url with an 1883 in it, but we are titled Darlington 1883 on the site, rather than Darlington FC. This needs to be strongly opposed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:56 pm

love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly
Fuck off.

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Is this the kind of low brow shite you have to come up with to get attention?

I mean, I know your entire family and colleagues hate you and routinely ignore you, but surely you can do better than that to instigate some interaction with others?
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 pm

To be honest the "1883" has become second nature to me, as far as I and no doubt many others are concerned we are still "Darlo" or "Darlington FC" same badge, same colours, same identity.

If the bureaucracy of the FA insists on us using it as our official title allowing us to play football then I'm willing to put up with it, the 1883 suffix is only worth the peice of paper its written on in the FA's records.

If some of our fans choose to validate it then let them get on with it, all that matters to me right now is getting back up those leagues and I understand once we're at a certain level we can drop the 1883 from our name anyway.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:30 pm

quaker4life wrote:....

... I understand once we're at a certain level we can drop the 1883 from our name anyway.

I don't think it is affected by the level you are at. Its an FA decision and that would cover the club no matter what level they are at.

Payment of the debts of the previous regime is the issue as I understand it. (not sure what position is about the football share RS failed to sign over).

The FA have tightened/ changed the rules since the times when clubs like Newport reformed.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 pm

I personally think it will be when the liquidators final report to creditors goes in. Once the liquidation is signed, sealed and delivered then there is no other organisation who can lay claim to the playing/trading name Darlington FC.

I am not sure when this date will be though. There are debtors still outstanding from clauses. When will a line be drawn under them or could we pay for the remaining 50% and just get it finished. Surely Harvey Madden will take a risk based approach considering the likelihood of returns?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 pm

You could well be right lo. It seems as if we need to take something new to the F.A.- and some kind of change in the legalities might be it.

I don't like the 1883 tag. It makes out to everyone that we are a new club - and we're not.

To me it's a reminder of that sad state of affairs that Mr R.S. left us in :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 pm

quaker4life wrote:To be honest the "1883" has become second nature to me, as far as I and no doubt many others are concerned we are still "Darlo" or "Darlington FC" same badge, same colours, same identity.

If the bureaucracy of the FA insists on us using it as our official title allowing us to play football then I'm willing to put up with it, the 1883 suffix is only worth the peice of paper its written on in the FA's records.

If some of our fans choose to validate it then let them get on with it, all that matters to me right now is getting back up those leagues and I understand once we're at a certain level we can drop the 1883 from our name anyway.
Sorry, do my eyes deceive me? Or is this the same boring, boring fucking cheb-end who spent years droning on about the arena despite the fact nothing could be done to get us out of it?
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:35 pm

spen666 wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
I don't think it is affected by the level you are at. Its an FA decision and that would cover the club no matter what level they are at.

Payment of the debts of the previous regime is the issue as I understand it. (not sure what position is about the football share RS failed to sign over).

The FA have tightened/ changed the rules since the times when clubs like Newport reformed.
I have heard it suggested on a few occasions, I don't know if it is true or not but I tend to agree with lo.

love it!

Post by love it! » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:17 am

lo36789 wrote:
I've got tickets to a couple more around xmas. Im hoping to get to at least of 5 or 6 games this season for united. Doesn't stop me attending darlo and enjoyed my second match of the season last night.

love it!

Post by love it! » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:20 am

The Big Dawg wrote:
Is this the kind of low brow shite you have to come up with to get attention?

I mean, I know your entire family and colleagues hate you and routinely ignore you, but surely you can do better than that to instigate some interaction with others?
I'm baffled at why our community owned club named Darlington 1883 is such an issue to a few people. Aside from that my friends and colleagues are very pleasant and don't berate people on forums for having a positive opinion of our football club. Sorry if that annoys you in anyway but I couldn't give a flying fcuk about your opinion.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 am

lo36789 wrote:I personally think it will be when the liquidators final report to creditors goes in. Once the liquidation is signed, sealed and delivered then there is no other organisation who can lay claim to the playing/trading name Darlington FC.
I don't think there is a link between trading and playing name. The two have been different in the past, I think we have even had years in the trading name before. (Darlington FC 2008 Ltd?).
There is no other team with a claim to Darlington FC, the FA are just being twats over it.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 am

We're Darlington FC though so no we aren't named correctly.
spen666 wrote:
quaker4life wrote:....

... I understand once we're at a certain level we can drop the 1883 from our name anyway.

You take a lot of space and words to say absolutely nothing.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 am

Makka Pakka wrote:
lo36789 wrote:I personally think it will be when the liquidators final report to creditors goes in. Once the liquidation is signed, sealed and delivered then there is no other organisation who can lay claim to the playing/trading name Darlington FC.
I don't think there is a link between trading and playing name. The two have been different in the past, I think we have even had years in the trading name before. (Darlington FC 2008 Ltd?).
There is no other team with a claim to Darlington FC, the FA are just being twats over it.
Were we not Darlington FC 2008 Ltd t/a Darlington FC? As I say once this is closed off I think we have just an extra argument to our case. You are right it means next to nothing - but there is also no good reason we are not able to play under Darlington FC we paid enough for it.

It might be clutching at straws but it is a change in circumstance which we made be able to twist in our favour.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:58 am

love it! wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
I've got tickets to a couple more around xmas. Im hoping to get to at least of 5 or 6 games this season for united. Doesn't stop me attending darlo and enjoyed my second match of the season last night.
But you constantly moan about having to go all the way to Bishop. I swear you complained that moving the club shop to Blackwell made things harder. Yet you can get to Old Trafford more times a season? Guessing that probs cost more that that season ticket you were suppose to be buying?

love it!

Post by love it! » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:14 am

lo36789 wrote:
love it! wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
But you constantly moan about having to go all the way to Bishop. I swear you complained that moving the club shop to Blackwell made things harder. Yet you can get to Old Trafford more times a season? Guessing that probs cost more that that season ticket you were suppose to be buying?
I hate travelling to Bishop to watch my home town team play 16 miles away. I'm over the moon your happy with travelling frequently to bishop and long may it continue for you. I imagine you will be disappointed when we return to Darlington. However being a lifelong united fan travelling to match's is something I accept I have to do if I want to see my team.

Moving the club shop means when travelling into the town centre, which I do on a regular basis, I can no longer buy anything darlington 1883 related.

Part of the reason I didn't buy the season ticket was my commitment to united. As I've stated this hardly impacts on the match's I watch in Bishop Auckland

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:20 am

What a wanker you are love it :lol:

A lifelong united fan who lives in Darlington :lol:

Is there any other sure fire sign of a pure rim licker than that? Other than the moaning about having to go all of a mile out of his way to visit the club shop, thinking an arbitrarily chosen name change to satisfy FA rules is positive for the club, and 857 other posts of pure bell cheese of course.

Along with ingleby you have to be the thickest, most retarded nappy soiling prick on here, no wonder your wife ran off with the bin man.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:44 am

love it! wrote:I hate travelling to Bishop to watch my home town team play 16 miles away.
love it! wrote:Moving the club shop means when travelling into the town centre, which I do on a regular basis, I can no longer buy anything darlington 1883 related.
love it! wrote:However being a lifelong united fan travelling to match's is something I accept I have to do if I want to see my team.

love it!

Post by love it! » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 pm

The Big Dawg wrote:What a wanker you are love it :lol:

A lifelong united fan who lives in Darlington :lol:

Is there any other sure fire sign of a pure rim licker than that? Other than the moaning about having to go all of a mile out of his way to visit the club shop, thinking an arbitrarily chosen name change to satisfy FA rules is positive for the club, and 857 other posts of pure bell cheese of course.

Along with ingleby you have to be the thickest, most retarded nappy soiling prick on here, no wonder your wife ran off with the bin man.
How about you take your face for s***. I'm not retarded, nappy soiling prick as you eloquently put. I'm an educated lad who loves football. I bet me going to watch Fulham the other week, Leeds at the end of the month, Newcastle and boro this season really annoys you.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:16 pm

love it! wrote:How about you take your face for s***. I'm not retarded, nappy soiling prick as you eloquently put. I'm an educated lad who loves football. I bet me going to watch Fulham the other week, Leeds at the end of the month, Newcastle and boro this season really annoys you.
But 16 miles to see Darlington play is too much?

:eh: