Dennis Knight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Dennis Knight

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Has had a transfer request accepted at West Auckland. He scored and won a penalty against us in the FA Cup.

You do wonder whether Gray would be interested, we know he still may be in the market for an attacking player judging on his efforts to bring in Mattie Moffat recently?

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Dennis Knight

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:56 pm

I hope not dont want that pikey twat....Did you see him when he scored with his hands on his ears saying who's the boy..Wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat ont shitter

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:17 pm

west are a decent team, but I don't think I'd want any of their players

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:44 pm

If they had a player that was good enough to make our squad stronger then I would sign them if the opportunity came up.

Knight seems a decent player, no idea if we would be interested but I wouldn't count them out just because the play for West.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:46 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:If they had a player that was good enough to make our squad stronger then I would sign them if the opportunity came up.

Knight seems a decent player, no idea if we would be interested but I wouldn't count them out just because the play for West.
Just to clarify, I'm not saying I wouldn't sign a West player, I'm saying that I think man for man each player is better and can't see what player would improve the team

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Fair enough, to be honest I thought Knight was decent enough player. Not sure he would get in our first 11 but if we had the budget he would be a good player for the squad.

Would be great to have the squad size of say Spenny and have a reserve team to get players back. Andy Johnson, McReady, Henry have all turned our for Spenny reserve team, either finding form or coming back from injury. Obviously we are a long way from this in terms of budget at the moment.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Yeah, Spennymoor seem to be carrying 5/6 more players than us at the moment.

Luke Carr (former Gateshead) is also looking for a new club after returning to the region. He's a centre midfielder...

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:10 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Fair enough, to be honest I thought Knight was decent enough player. Not sure he would get in our first 11 but if we had the budget he would be a good player for the squad.

Would be great to have the squad size of say Spenny and have a reserve team to get players back. Andy Johnson, McReady, Henry have all turned our for Spenny reserve team, either finding form or coming back from injury. Obviously we are a long way from this in terms of budget at the moment.
Absolutely spot on.

I don't think it is realised just how important having an effective reserve team is.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:12 pm

He was the best player on the pitch in the fa cup replay. Decent pedigree aswell but heard that he does like a good drink

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Where did he play? Personally thought our ex trailist had a good game, certainly at home - Alex Francis in centre mid

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Dennis Knight - angry little man. Was funny watching him have a go at Sean Gregan at West.

We don't need any more strikers.

darlogent

Post by darlogent » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Dennis knight!! Where do we start! Seen him many times playing and is not a bad footballer by all accounts! But his attitude is totally wrong! Winds players up all the time and more interested in a scrap than a game of football!! Not needed at DFC

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Just noticed that one of his ex team mates and one time Darlo loanee JJ Hooper has 9 goals already this season in the Conference South