Salford City Match Tomorrow

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford City Match Tomorrow

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Image possible line up

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Where's Tezza Galzy?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:35 pm

1-0 Salford
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:36 pm

1-0 Salford Danny Webber

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Att: 1013
Come on Darlo!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:11 pm

I was 2 out! I think I guessed 1011 in the prediction league. So far a bit out with my score prediction though :(
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Lost 0-1...Play Off's it is then. Bugger...we simply can't buy a goal lol
Come on Darlo!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:56 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:Lost 0-1...Play Off's it is then. Bugger...we simply can't buy a goal lol
It's finished now, was still listening to commentary when you posted that? Thanks to the Shoutcast lads. :roll:

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:13 pm

joejaques wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:Lost 0-1...Play Off's it is then. Bugger...we simply can't buy a goal lol
It's finished now, was still listening to commentary when you posted that? Thanks to the Shoutcast lads. :roll:
I've noticed that there must be a short time delay on the live commentary. Twitter, for example, is posting goals etc before Ray has broadcast them. Still a wonderful service....if only the on pitch action was wonderful too lol.
Come on Darlo!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Quick thoughts - we were outclassed in the first half and couldn't hold on to the ball. This wasn't helped by the fact that Robinson was having an absolute stinker and was giving the ball away every time. Armstrong was well below his best and won nothing in the air. It seemed like nobody knew where they were supposed to be playing in the first half.

Things changed when The HITMAN came on because we started wining battles in their box, but we just didn't create enough clear cut chances.

Obviously we were weakened by missing Galbriath, Thompson, Purewal, Dowson, and it sticks out like a sore thumb how much Dowson is missed when he's injured.

For the next couple of matches I would rest Armstrong and start with The HITMAN, and with a fully fit squad my front two would be HITMAN/Dowson.

We saw the champions today, unfortunately I don't think it was us.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:22 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
joejaques wrote:
I've noticed that there must be a short time delay on the live commentary. Twitter, for example, is posting goals etc before Ray has broadcast them. Still a wonderful service....if only the on pitch action was wonderful too lol.
Didn't realise that, thought you were giving up early. No offence meant. :roll:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Quakerz wrote:Quick thoughts - we were outclassed in the first half and couldn't hold on to the ball. This wasn't helped by the fact that Robinson was having an absolute stinker and was giving the ball away every time. Armstrong was well below his best and won nothing in the air. It seemed like nobody knew where they were supposed to be playing in the first half.

Things changed when The HITMAN came on because we started wining battles in their box, but we just didn't create enough clear cut chances.

Obviously we were weakened by missing Galbriath, Thompson, Purewal, Dowson, and it sticks out like a sore thumb how much Dowson is missed when he's injured.

For the next couple of matches I would rest Armstrong and start with The HITMAN, and with a fully fit squad my front two would be HITMAN/Dowson.

I thought the service into Armstrong for the most part was abysmal and neither Fisher or Mitchell were close enough to him to link up with when the ball wasn't just launched into the channels.
When we pass the ball around we look decent and capable of creating chances, when our back four just launch the ball at every opportunity we look crap.
I'm not saying we need to make managerial changes but Gray needs to have a long hard look at the way we are playing and do something about it. A right back would be a good place to start since we have been crying out for one since Harrison left again.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Thought we matched them today but we can`t keep hold of the ball passing it around has to be Fishers last game as starter just did not do enough, Dowson is a massive miss as nobody else seems to have his energy when playing

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:49 pm

loan_star wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Quick thoughts - we were outclassed in the first half and couldn't hold on to the ball. This wasn't helped by the fact that Robinson was having an absolute stinker and was giving the ball away every time. Armstrong was well below his best and won nothing in the air. It seemed like nobody knew where they were supposed to be playing in the first half.

I thought the service into Armstrong for the most part was abysmal and neither Fisher or Mitchell were close enough to him to link up with when the ball wasn't just launched into the channels.
When we pass the ball around we look decent and capable of creating chances, when our back four just launch the ball at every opportunity we look crap.
I'm not saying we need to make managerial changes but Gray needs to have a long hard look at the way we are playing and do something about it. A right back would be a good place to start since we have been crying out for one since Harrison left again.
Agree about the right back situation, although Brown is playing well there. Don't agree with the constant long ball criticism, today you could tell that we were never going to outplay that lot - they were too switched on, too quick, too good, first to every loose ball, first to every misplaced pass - and my weren't there a lot of misplaced passes (ie every time Robinson and Hunter The Punter attempted a fucking pass).

The trouble is if you are losing the battle on the ground, you end up taking it to the air. It was our only hope. It failed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Its been going on for a few games now though Quakerz, we beat Spenny off the park by playing football but since then we just seem to be regularly launching it to no one in particular. Main culprits are Brown and Hunter, both good defenders but couldnt pass a turd after a dodgy curry, never mind a football into a teammates feet. Portas must be sick of seeing the ball bypass him so much.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Some abject performances today, Fisher was poor, Nobel no better, he gets in the right places but his touch is terrible.

Confidence is shot throughout the whole squad although Jameson & Portas are playing well.

Salford wanted it much more than us and hassled us for the 90 mins, well organised set up and Champions baring an implosion.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:10 pm

One thing to bear in mind is that we've had a VERY difficult start - Warrington, Spennymoor, Droylesden, Farsley, Salford in the first 7 matches and they're 5 teams that you would expect to be there or thereabouts. With luck we could have had a better return, but good teams have a knack of taking points off you.

I see no one to fear in the next few games, players will come back from injury, and after we've strung a few wins together we'll be firmly in the top 4.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Again terrible long ball no trying to get it down and get it wide, balls punted in from the back and half way line. The only time we started to win more headers was when Whitey went up front, my man of the match by a mile.

Robinson and Reed were terrible in midfield, Gray needs to be releasing these two, to bring in better players if we are to improve.

Not overly impressed with Salford, Curzon and Ramsbottom were better teams last season.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Salford were absolutely superb in the first half. The dominated us, and put so much pressure on us we had to resort to long balls to Armstrong. Their goal was wonderful.

Second half was more even, and we perhaps deserved a goal. We didn't really create many chances though - their defence was very well organised. But I though we played well.

I do think we could match them if we had a fully fit squad, with our key players in form. All we can do is try and go on a winning run. Our next set of fixtures look a bit kinder, and we will have key players returning to fitness. Salford look a long way ahead, but it's only September.

andydarlo

Post by andydarlo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Why do we ALWAYS have a dodgy September?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:33 pm

The first half we created our own problems by leaving Scott to exposed and Webber took advantage of it. The goal was an excellent finish I thought Jameson could have got to the ball but hesitated, have to see it again on the highlights.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Spyman wrote:Where's Tezza Galzy?
:lol:

Broke his little toe on Tuesday night. Tried to make it today but could'nt.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:35 pm

al_quaker wrote:Salford were absolutely superb in the first half. The dominated us, and put so much pressure on us we had to resort to long balls to Armstrong. Their goal was wonderful.

Second half was more even, and we perhaps deserved a goal. We didn't really create many chances though - their defence was very well organised. But I though we played well.

I do think we could match them if we had a fully fit squad, with our key players in form. All we can do is try and go on a winning run. Our next set of fixtures look a bit kinder, and we will have key players returning to fitness. Salford look a long way ahead, but it's only September.
The first half was like Spenny v Darlo, except we were on the receiving end this time.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:35 pm

We deserved a point today.

We have had a ridiculously hard start. Warrington, Farsley, Spennymoor and Salford will be in the top 5, with Droylsden finishing 6/7th. FA Cup ties and replays against Blyth Spartans and West Auckland weren't easy either! I'm sure we have played a lot more football than this time last season.

Hopefully we can start to beat some of the opposition coming up who aren't as good (no disrespect) than Salford, Spennymoor, Farsley etc, and also nurse 4 of our better players back to full fitness.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:11 pm

They were very sharp 1st half, better than Curzon and Ramsbottom. We dominated 2nd half without creating much, they parked the bus and kept us out comfortably. They'll surely win the league.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:13 pm

quakerste wrote:Again terrible long ball no trying to get it down and get it wide, balls punted in from the back and half way line. The only time we started to win more headers was when Whitey went up front, my man of the match by a mile.

Robinson and Reed were terrible in midfield Gray needs to be releasing these two, to bring in better players if we are to improve.

Not overly impressed with Salford, Curzon and Ramsbottom were better teams last season.
Adam Reed was the pick of the midfield for me today. He never stopped working and won a lot of balls in midfield, especially in the 2nd half

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Totally agree. I thought reed played well. Armstrong couldn't win a header if you dropped the ball straight onto his head!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Totally agree. I thought reed played well!
Haaaaaaaa

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Salford will do a Curzon this season and I thought it was a fairly comfortable victory for them. The disappointing thing for me is that some players who got their chance today to go out and seize a regular spot in the side just didn't have much of an impact on the game. There's not a great deal of strength in depth.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Totally agree. I thought reed played well. Armstrong couldn't win a header if you dropped the ball straight onto his head!

Absolutely, Reed did play well today.