Is Gray unsackable???

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

davey247
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Is Gray unsackable???

Post by davey247 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 pm

I cant take seriously any view that questions MG's future at the club. The way some people view last season as failure is beyond me. Just how many other leagues would we have won with our points tally last season?
Yes there is a frustration of the long ball, but we currently dont have the out ball of Thompson that we had last year due to his awful form.
We'll come good. You have to remember, we are in mid-September. We WILL be there and in with a shout in May.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Nearly every poster who has replied to this thread is officially on crack cocaine and glue!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Spyman wrote:Perhaps with this community owned and run, sustainable type set-up we're going for, moving away from the greedy, knee-jerk world of professional football as it is today, one of our big focuses could be around showing patience and appreciation of the bigger picture and the fact we're trying to get to where we want to get to in a sustainable way, financially and otherwise.
Totally agree with this. In our new paradigm any decisions on the manager (and indeed many other things) should be taken in the round rather than based on a short-term run of results. I'd actually be quite proud to support a club who is 'above' the greed-driven, grasping, short-termism you see around the rest of football.

I haven't been too concerned about the results so far. Seems like we've made some good signings and we've had a pattern of shaky early results the last two years before Gray has got us to click and lead us to a 1st and 2nd place finish.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:50 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Nearly every poster who has replied to this thread is officially on crack cocaine and glue!
Or put another way, you disagree with them.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:02 am

Ingleby wrote:The Big Dog is soo funny. I'm creasing. What a fucking prick.

What a whoosh btw you plank.
Saying 'what a whoosh' after you've been destroyed (again) doesn't work you festering pile of dogshit.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:16 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Nearly every poster who has replied to this thread is officially on crack cocaine and glue!

Yes. Its September. Should this really be discussed at this point in time?

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Yes. Its September. Should this really be discussed at this point in time?

Yes, by the "we know better brigade".

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:17 pm

If people took the time to read, it was implied that Gray has strong roots in the club, he invested, his academy supply the youth team players etc etc, huge contract.

It was a question asking that "IF" it WAS necessary, could we get rid? Valid point in reality.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:26 pm

notgnilrad wrote:I mean who decides if the manager is not getting the right results??, can we sack him? or do we just trundle along and hope for the best.
No it wasn't, above was the original question, which "notgnilrad" later said he didn't word it well and explained what he meant.

Everyone has pretty much agreed that Gray does not need sacking and that he is tied into our club quite strongly as we are building a club from the bottom upwards.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Aye but there's still people coming in after he's reworded, assuming that people want Gray sacked.

All in all he's with us for a while yet!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 pm

TDS wrote:Aye but there's still people coming in after he's reworded, assuming that people want Gray sacked.

All in all he's with us for a while yet!
Reading between the lines thats what people have implied, so therefore they have been belittled.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi Guys,

Once again I do apologise, I don't want MG sacked and I also think we will be in the play-offs this year just a really bad worded thread. :oops:

JollypotterSAFC

Post by JollypotterSAFC » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:33 pm

You look at our fixtures this season, we've had that many injuries we cannot blame the management, I'm sure gray and co have worked all Summer to bring in the right players and for whatever reason they haven't got them "over the line" I.e marrs.... We have the knowledge and experience off last year but no one knew Salford world be taken over and be thrown money at it.. Let's get behind the lads and aim for promotion if we get into the playoffs then so be it... We again have experience from last year albeit a not very good one .. Come on darlo we can do it