Skelmersdale United away in next round(if we beat Blyth)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Sidarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Skelmersdale United away in next round(if we beat Blyth

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:34 am

Yer we should have both games against Buxton, Thompson missed a late pen to win at their place, then 3 up at home

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:04 am

One thing I hate about modern football is this sudden fad for insignificant little clubs pretending they are Premier League teams and "prioritising" the league. Christ, we're part timers operating in the depths of the football chain. We'd get more publicity, and possibly funds, by having a good cup run than we would finishing in the play offs again this season. Injuries can happen in any game.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:16 am

Didn't we prioritise the Northern League when we were there?
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

davey247

Post by davey247 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:17 am

A good run in the FA Cup in the next few years is going to be essential. The plans we have for BM doesn't comply with Conference North and will need another large investment to progress further.
Yes we'll have bigger crowds and no debt to pay off once we are back in town, but (although I'm no construction expert) you can easily be looking at a hefty 6 figure sum to develop further for Conference North and eventually the Conference.
I absolutely want the team to be playing in the national leagues ASAP. Back-to-back promotions would be every fans dream, but realistically we have to be patient and make sure we are bringing in the funds to ensure our ground doesn't make us hit a glass ceiling in the pyramid.
Easiest way to generate that - cup run!

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:10 am

Were we the architects of our own downfall on Saturday? Blyth using our highlights to research our penalties.
Jeffries, meanwhile, has revealed some degree of preparation was involved in his terrific penalty save.

The former Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor Town goalkeeper said: “Me and our goalkeeper coach John Bottensien were texting each other about penalties and we looked at where they hit their penalties.

“A lot of the time their lad goes top corner on both sides and this time I went top left and guessed right.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 am

Lawman3 wrote:Didn't we prioritise the Northern League when we were there?
We weren't in the FA Cup that season, and you can't generate much revenue or publicity in the FA Vase unless you consider adulation from Mike Amos as publicity.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:08 am

Spyman wrote:
Lawman3 wrote:Didn't we prioritise the Northern League when we were there?
We weren't in the FA Cup that season, and you can't generate much revenue or publicity in the FA Vase unless you consider adulation from Mike Amos as publicity.
We werent in the vase either anyway??
We only had the poxy league cup to get in the way and it made sense to not bother with that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:41 am

Good point - I forgot we weren't in the Vase either.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:14 pm

divas wrote:Were we the architects of our own downfall on Saturday? Blyth using our highlights to research our penalties.
Jeffries, meanwhile, has revealed some degree of preparation was involved in his terrific penalty save.

The former Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor Town goalkeeper said: “Me and our goalkeeper coach John Bottensien were texting each other about penalties and we looked at where they hit their penalties.

“A lot of the time their lad goes top corner on both sides and this time I went top left and guessed right.

Has your account been hacked or are you making this easy on purpose?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:27 pm

A good cup run could be massive for the club.

I hope we do well, some people on here do nothing but whinge about anything and everything.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
divas wrote:Were we the architects of our own downfall on Saturday? Blyth using our highlights to research our penalties.

Has your account been hacked or are you making this easy on purpose?
Without fail, the bait was dangled and we have a big one...a real big one.....

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Really cos you're the one looking like a fool :roll:

Like i said earlier im glad you're not running the club
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!