attendance

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo reborn
Team Supported: Darlington

attendance

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 am

Just seems lately that there looks more in the ground than the attendance figure.Even saying that we got more than F C united yesterday

dickdarlington

Re: attendance

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:29 am

First half there wasn't that many in the tin shed, and not too many in the open seats. Figure seemed about right to me.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:45 am

I thought attendance was quite low given the fact we had more away fans than usual.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:48 am

Ingleby wrote:I thought attendance was quite low given the fact we had more away fans than usual.
Did seem low but then FC United only getting just over 1,000 for an FA Cup game puts it into perspective.

FA Cup crowd about the same as your expected league average is probably quite good.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:52 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Ingleby wrote:I thought attendance was quite low given the fact we had more away fans than usual.
Did seem low but then FC United only getting just over 1,000 for an FA Cup game puts it into perspective.

FA Cup crowd about the same as your expected league average is probably quite good.
Putting it like that makes it sound better.
I just thought with it being a Sunday and Blyth being local we may see few hundred more.

I imagine the attendance at the replay will be very similar.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Bit harder on a Sunday. No X1 running stopped a couple my Dad knows going for example.

I thought we would have had a higher attendance too. But I suppose it's hard for some to get excited unless we draw a big team further along.

Interestingly, there was also a lad on the terrace against Farsley talking to his mate who said he wasn't going to the Cup game because it was a direct FA competition, and he's boycotting it on principle about what happened in 2012. He was told to man up and back the team, but I wonder if many more have the same opinion.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:22 pm

People are losing interest simple as that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Some parents have kids who play football on Sundays also. This also means many Under 16's were unable to attend.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Just watched the highlights of the Bishop v Spennymoor game attendance 643 then had a look at ours. Someone is seriously having a laugh saying there was only 400 more at our game.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

FC United clashed with the Man U game on TV. I think the majority of FCUM fans watch United on tv they just don't go to games. They had 1,844 for a Tuesday night game last week.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:35 am

Honestly as a die hard fan who will keep going no matter what, the crowds are dwindling that is a fact and it has to be a concern for the club.

The only two ways the attendances will consistently go back up is if we are back up to a much higher level - ie conference.
Or we move back into the town

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Crowds will probably continue to fall until we move back to the town.

I'm not sure what the latest plans are either, but I'd rather see us move in at the start of next season rather than messing about mid-season.

Use the summer to promote the move as much as possible and hopefully try and stage one or two lucrative friendly games.
Northern League Champions 2013

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:41 pm

And come up with a good season ticket incentive

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Ultimately it's about the performances on the pitch which at the moment with so much hoof ball isn't going to draw back the floating support.

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:13 pm

The first game back in Darlington needs a full on marketing offensive and promoted every way possible. Discounts given and stalls set up to create a family fun day style event.

We need to realise the die hard are there but we cannot keep piling responsibility on to them every year. Simply appealing to non-attenders to drop other commitments and turn up when there is little/no incentive doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:37 pm

quakerste wrote:Ultimately it's about the performances on the pitch which at the moment with so much hoof ball isn't going to draw back the floating support.
I'd say it's more about being out of town. I believe other clubs have had similar drops in attendance by being out of town.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:23 pm

TDS wrote:The first game back in Darlington needs a full on marketing offensive and promoted every way possible.
No it doesn't, it'll be the ones afterwards after the initial enthusiasm wanes, where we need to be on the ball.

The ground I guess (and I don't guess wrong) will hold 2-3,000 initially, obviously we'll fill it for the first match given such a low capacity.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:25 pm

al_quaker wrote:
quakerste wrote:Ultimately it's about the performances on the pitch which at the moment with so much hoof ball isn't going to draw back the floating support.
I'd say it's more about being out of town. I believe other clubs have had similar drops in attendance by being out of town.
Other clubs had much worse drops.

The likes of Maidstone and Newport, who in division 4 were only generally slightly behind Darlo attendances, were playing in front of 3-400 for years. Scarborough, another club similar in size to Newport and Maidstone, still are.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:20 pm

darlo reborn wrote:And come up with a good season ticket incentive
That's not gonna happen, it should of happened this season to generate interest to move back to darlo

Sat ont shitter

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 am

Yeh discount what is already going to be a big attendance anyway. What school of economics is that one from?

If anything I'd be making it clear that there is a priority to tickets for that first game.

1. Season Ticket Holders (circa 600)
2. Direct Shareholders (can't imagine we had many more than ST Holders)
3. CIC Members (circa 1,000 - of which 600 will be ST holders)
4. General Sale

Hopefully, it would get a few CIC memberships sold...that is extra £20s towards the club eventually.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:33 am

Yes might be big attendance for 5 or 6 games then what if team are not doing as well as expected crowd will drop at least if they are season ticket holders we already have the money.