ryan noble

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

ryan noble

Post by onewayup » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:31 am

The lad noble was a disaster can't jump poor distribution lost the ball to often didn't link up with Armstrong at all,very poor performance from him fisher a better bet on last night's showing all reports for nobel were positive,sadly way off the mark,

lo36789

Re: ryan noble

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:41 am

Your typing is a disaster.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:59 am

Hahaha.

Showed promise but understandably lacks fitness & sharpness. Would have preferred him to have gained that coming off the bench rather than starting but there is no need to tear him to pieces over his performance last night.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:06 pm

onewayup wrote:The lad noble was a disaster can't jump poor distribution lost the ball to often didn't link up with Armstrong at all,very poor performance from him fisher a better bet on last night's showing all reports for nobel were positive,sadly way off the mark,
I despair.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Noble has looked reasonable both games without over impressing, which you would expect for a lad who hasn't had much serious game time lately in fact even in his career.

He seems to find space but his sharpness is not 100%, lets give the kid a chance as he could turn out to be a decent player that means Dowson has a direct replacement if injured/subbed.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Still early days but I thought he has been terrible. Fisher-esque.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:25 pm

I've not seen him play, but based on those who are slagging him off and those who are saying otherwise, my opinion is that he's probably a decent player who may or may not come good.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Not seen the guy tbh as i missed the last couple of matches but with already having 5/6 forwards in the squad i can't see MG bringing in a lemon so lets give him a chance, the fact he is playing and maybe not match fit is not his fault but that of selection by management.

He has only started 37 first team matches since 2009 in his senior career (excluding for us) but has scored a lot of goals in the SAFC reserves

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:10 pm

onewayup wrote:The lad noble was a disaster can't jump poor distribution lost the ball to often didn't link up with Armstrong at all,very poor performance from him fisher a better bet on last night's showing all reports for nobel were positive,sadly way off the mark,
I don't agree. it was a tough game and he did alright.

Gabbiadini didn't set the world on fire in his first game.

Have patience onewayup.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:17 pm

You say he wasn't fit, hasn't played many games,and put plenty of reasons for his performance forward,my question then is why was he put into the team when more experienced players were available.?? .maybe patients is required I,m not that type of person.but will try and give him time.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:40 pm

onewayup wrote:You say he wasn't fit, hasn't played many games,and put plenty of reasons for his performance forward,my question then is why was he put into the team when more experienced players were available.?? .maybe patients is required I,m not that type of person.but will try and give him time.
Yeah got to have patients :|

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Ingleby wrote:Still early days but I thought he has been terrible. Fisher-esque.
Haven't seen the guy play yet so can't really comment ,but likening him to "terrible" Fisher is bullshit.Fisher just hasn't had the luck with him for some reason.Like the song says,if it wasn't for bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all.Its inevitable he will go and Sod's law says he will score for fun when he does.

darlodave1974

Post by darlodave1974 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Lets give the lad a chance. He showed some good touches but is clearly short of match fitness & sharpness

divas

Post by divas » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Twintowers wrote:
Ingleby wrote:Still early days but I thought he has been terrible. Fisher-esque.
Haven't seen the guy play yet so can't really comment ,but likening him to "terrible" Fisher is bullshit.Fisher just hasn't had the luck with him for some reason.Like the song says,if it wasn't for bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all.Its inevitable he will go and Sod's law says he will score for fun when he does.
My quandary with this is the fact that Noble clearly isn't fit and up to speed and has yet shown very little. Fisher is available and plays the role which Noble has been asked to fill - which from what I've heard probably isn't his preferred position.

Now the only way to get Noble up to speed is to play him, but is this to the detriment of the team? Fair enough Fisher hasn't shown much but then has he ever been given a sustained run?

Solution - hope that Dowson is fit again soon.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Twintowers wrote:
Apart from maybe one year in the northern league many moons ago, when has Fisher ever scored for fun?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 pm

I remember people shouting at Aaron Brown, after one game, laughing at him. Turned out to be one of the most consistent players of the recent past.

But there's nothing quite like a snap decision. Bet most players didn't think Gareth Bale was up to much, he's done ok

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 pm

The guy needs balls into his feet not launched head height, a couple of times in the first half he controlled it well but had no support around him.

Give him time to get match fitness.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Darlo fans are better than most at spotting s*** players such as Dan Burn, Michael Smith, Curtis Main, David Currie. The list goes on.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Thought the lad did well in the first half, showed some good touches, has some pace about him, 2nd half looked tired. Lets give the lad a chance

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Twintowers wrote:
Agreed. I would keep Fisher. I suspect he would be one of those who will bang a load of goals in when he leaves us.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:38 am

quakerste wrote:Darlo fans are better than most at spotting s*** players such as Dan Burn, Michael Smith, Curtis Main, David Currie. The list goes on.
Is that really "the list goes on"?!

4 players. None who have gone on to achieve anything real in the footballing world. Compare it the amount of actual s*** players we've seen over the years and I think our judgements are fine.

I've said it before, sometimes you can just tell players won't make it and Noble is one of those. Not built enough. No instinct. He's had the chances to get atleast one in each game I've seen him. Just hope he's cheap back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davey247

Post by davey247 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 am

I didn't go the replay, but from what I saw when he came on on Sunday I thought he looked promising.
Good movement, decent touch, no complaints regarding his workrate, got a couple of shots away which were inches away from goals.
Keep playing him and the goals and confidence will come.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 am

TDS wrote:
quakerste wrote:Darlo fans are better than most at spotting s*** players such as Dan Burn, Michael Smith, Curtis Main, David Currie. The list goes on.
Is that really "the list goes on"?!

4 players. None who have gone on to achieve anything real in the footballing world. Compare it the amount of actual s*** players we've seen over the years and I think our judgements are fine.

I've said it before, sometimes you can just tell players won't make it and Noble is one of those. Not built enough. No instinct. He's had the chances to get atleast one in each game I've seen him. Just hope he's cheap back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not built enough and no instinct were very similar attributes given to Michael Smith back in his time with us. While they were true at the time, he's shown that these things aren't neccessarily a sign of how a player will develop.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 am

Why are some people so keen to judge a player after only a handful of games?

It's like judging whether someone is good at their job after one week. It's ludicrous and pathetic.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:15 am

Darlogramps wrote:Why are some people so keen to judge a player after only a handful of games?

It's like judging whether someone is good at their job after one week. It's ludicrous and pathetic.

Because they know better than the rest of us, the manager, the coaching staff and the scouts.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am

Darlogramps wrote:Why are some people so keen to judge a player after only a handful of games?

Thats the internet for you, gives a platform to people who dont have a clue :D

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:13 pm

It's alright guys, Salford can glide further away in another handful of games and we can all sit around and finally come to the conclusion that 1) these back ups are not up to it and 2) its playoffs out this league.

We all want the same thing remember, you have no affinity to Reed/Noble, but you do want DFC to go up, instead of hoping and praying he'll come good, look at the highlights and realise that he's exactly as he looks. Hard work is all it takes to win people over these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo31qNfH ... 7iNuRwxCkg

Go to 4:35. Says it all.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:23 pm

So what's the option, support 2 lads who haven't played enough games to really judge and with a fully fit squad are in theory back up players.

Or slate them from the stands and demand Gray doesn't play them, in theory Gray could maybe drop them from the squad this weekend and we should maybe just name 2 or 3 subs if injuries persist.

We could even go as far as not bother playing a RB because we haven't got one that some fans think is good enough. Armstrong was slated by one or two after Tuesday as well, so probably best to drop our top goalscorer.

In all seriousness you may well be right and these 2 might not make it in the first team but they have been brought in largely as back up to see what they can do, injury has largely dictated they have played recently. Give them a fair chance at the moment unless you have a couple of dynamite players lined up for very low weekly wages.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:32 pm

TDS wrote:It's alright guys, Salford can glide further away in another handful of games and we can all sit around and finally come to the conclusion that 1) these back ups are not up to it and 2) its playoffs out this league.

We all want the same thing remember, you have no affinity to Reed/Noble, but you do want DFC to go up, instead of hoping and praying he'll come good, look at the highlights and realise that he's exactly as he looks. Hard work is all it takes to win people over these days.

Yep, that individual piece of action says it all about a professional footballer whose played dozens of games in his career. You, being the football expert you are, are able to judge his playing ability based on that one piece of action.

What's your alternative? You sit there on fat backside slating from your keyboard, but you haven't said what you would do differently.

So you can support the team, or damage confidence by jumping to ridiculous conclusions based on snippets you've selectively picked out.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
TDS wrote:It's alright guys, Salford can glide further away in another handful of games and we can all sit around and finally come to the conclusion that 1) these back ups are not up to it and 2) its playoffs out this league.

Yep, that individual piece of action says it all about a professional footballer whose played dozens of games in his career. You, being the football expert you are, are able to judge his playing ability based on that one piece of action.

What's your alternative? You sit there on fat backside slating from your keyboard, but you haven't said what you would do differently.

So you can support the team, or damage confidence by jumping to ridiculous conclusions based on snippets you've selectively picked out.
Yep, professional by the way? I think he'll be the first to admit he isn't. 4 goals in 40 games professionally.

I do support the team, I'd never slate Noble at a match. He tries hard, but in my opinion he's not a good player. I'll hold my hands up if he gets goals of course, as you say I'm no expert and my fat backside dictates he's definitely better than me! I'd also revel in the points he'll win us so it's not all bad!

I watch football and pass opinion on players, that's what supporters do, if you think we should all blindly clap our hands together and lower our standards in case we damage the precious ego's of the people we personally fund to do a job then I'm amazed.