Fao DAFTS RE: Droylsden

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

GraemeT
Team Supported: Darlington

Fao DAFTS RE: Droylsden

Post by GraemeT » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:13 pm

I was checking directions/details to the above and disagree with the write-up.

From Piccadilly you can now catch the MCRMetrolink http://www.metrolink.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx to Droylsden on the line to Ashton it runs every 12 minutes, and costs £3.80 return.

Graeme

MKDarlo

Re: Fao DAFTS RE: Droylsden

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 am

The Metro Link tram is the best way to get from Manchester to the match. The tram stop is 5 minutes from the ground. It looks like they run every 15 minutes and the journey takes 15 minutes

The route (to Ashton under Lyme) also passes the Eithad stadium - if anyone cares!

EDIT - anyone got a pub marked out?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:27 am

Don't get to many away days at the moment, but tempted by this as I've got a free Saturday. I never thought that Liam Hatch would be in the squad the next time we played here. It's a strange old world.

GraemeT

Post by GraemeT » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Was thinking The Beehive for food and then the Kings Head for beer but was hoping for some insider information.

MCFC Darlo 2
Team Supported: Darlington & Man City

Post by MCFC Darlo 2 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:11 am

MKDarlo wrote:The Metro Link tram is the best way to get from Manchester to the match. The tram stop is 5 minutes from the ground. It looks like they run every 15 minutes and the journey takes 15 minutes

The route (to Ashton under Lyme) also passes the Eithad stadium - if anyone cares!EDIT - anyone got a pub marked out?
I do ;) !

The tram will also go past Citys new training complex that is being built adjacent to the ground.This was a slum area until the 80s when it was cleared(my Irish Grandfather like a lot of Irish imigrants lived here)and since then has been very run down until City arrived and attracted all kinds of new investment in housing etc.

Not sure on pubs as only been passed the ground but there are a couple close by as one poster has said...I will be trying them all.

Ps Would have thought the tram journey is longer than 15 mins but might be as its a non City match day.