Warrington Excuses

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington Excuses

Post by joejaques » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:22 am

fozzovmurton wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
AIDO wrote:..... like the chap from Wensleydale suggests, this whole thing is unacceptable and becomes more so by the day in my eyes. The Evostik League have simply just put it on their monthly agenda ... "item 18 section 4b in brackets ... ". This should have been dealt with quickly and severely to show that this kind of thing just can't be allowed. Over 1000 people including a handful of Warrington fans had the p*** taken out of them ..... The League too had the p*** taken out of them and now .... the League is taking the p*** out of us .... Totally unacceptable. It wouldn't even happen on a Sunday morning .... If it did, the consequences would be known by now for sure!!!!!
Great post.

I was annoyed and unimpressed by that Saturday's events. Out of the people who have written to the Evostick league (I was one) I wonder who has got a reply?

Not me, and my email was written with a cool head, and all my spelling was brilliant (lo)

At least Amos answered the questions that were put to him
Aye, Comrade Amos was always good answering his emails and normally quite quick in doing so.

I have had a reply from the Evo-Stik 2 weeks after my initial email

All it simply said was
Warrington Town will need to appear before a panel of League Board members at a date to be decided.
A date T.B.D god knows when that will be

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The second Tuesday in race week? :roll:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:36 pm

I to received the email from evo stick,strange one T.B.D .thought sooner the better
For all concerned.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Below is the view of a Warrington Fan(John Rowbottom, Warrington) who wrote to the NLP about the Warrington game...

As a non-League follower in Cheshire, Warrington Town in particular, I cannot support my team's actions in their away fixture at Darlington.

The Wire were 2-0 down when referee Danny Markham went down injured, and was subsequently carried off.
But despite efforts from Darlington to find a replacement in the crowd, no-one suitable could be agreed upon and the game was abandoned.

It is, of course, a concern for both clubs on how the Evo-Stik League intends to decide what to do with regards to the game and possible fine on Warrington. They appear to be dithering on what they do.

I understand they have consulted the FA for guidance on the best way to deal with the problem.

Surely if this information is correct, it is wrong as any appeal would be to the FA and any club should expect impartiality if they wished to appeal.

It seems that they are frightened to back there own judgment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

darlojay

Warrington Excuses

Post by darlojay » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:21 pm

I've heard the FA are no longer dealing and the league are taking it on now. Should be news about it soon

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 pm

It's being dealt with on the 4th of September.

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Fingers crossed that common sense prevails.
Northern League Champions 2013

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:03 pm

My prediction is fine and points deduction for Warrington Town and the game awarded to us.

stivie17

Post by stivie17 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:13 pm

my prediction 10 game stadium ban for there t**t of a manager , fine , points deduction , and game re-started at 2-0 ..strange 1 but it seems more leagues are doing this now. also hope they rule about the financial costs which darlo had to pay.

stivie17

Post by stivie17 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 pm

ihttp://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelo ... 2012_e.pdf

all abandoned games will be replayed unless competition rules provide otherwise....

lets see what evo-stik say about this.....

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:45 pm

stivie17 wrote:ihttp://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelo ... 2012_e.pdf

all abandoned games will be replayed unless competition rules provide otherwise....

lets see what evo-stik say about this.....
Our argument would be that the ref did not abandon the game, but that Warrington refused to play on, forcing an abandonment that should not have happened, therefore they forfeited the game.

If the league order the game to be replayed it is job done for Warrington, and gives them the green light to do what they like, when they like, in the future.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:46 pm

darlojay wrote:My prediction is fine and points deduction for Warrington Town and the game awarded to us.
That is what should happen.

But can you really see it happening?

I think Warrington will be punished, but we'll be made to replay.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Possible excuses -----------

1) The manager, aware that the delay in play exceeded thirty minutes, calculated that his players would be late home for tea, thus contravening Health and Safety regulations.

2) The manager, aware that two key players were already injured, calculated that his team was likely in for a right old pasting, thus contravening Health and Safety regulations.

3) The manager, calculated that a second warm up would make his players over tired, thus contravening Health and Safety regulations.

4,5,6,7,8 Yet more utter bollocks excuses ....................................
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:54 am

It's up to the league to decide if they replay the game or if it's a forfeit. The panel will decide on that.

Don't expect the NPL to pass comment though until all appeals have been heard (if applicable) as they never do. So if Warrington appeal any charge it could be a few weeks/months before any comment is made. This doesn't stop the league handing us the three points before that though.

My understanding is that the league have no jurisdiction to punish the manager, just the club. Since the FA are doing FA about it Reid is unlikely to face individual sanctions. However Warrington Town as a club may decide to discipline him. Unlikely though as they are scared of upsetting him due to the publicity and funding his brother brings the club. Allegedly.

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:23 am

Quakerz wrote:
darlojay wrote:My prediction is fine and points deduction for Warrington Town and the game awarded to us.
That is what should happen.

But can you really see it happening?

I think Warrington will be punished, but we'll be made to replay.
Fort the first time in ages I am pleased to say I think you may be wrong, Quakerz :shock:

I have a sneaky feeling we will get what we want with the points being awarded to us. We will see though ..

They really have to drive the message home that what Warrington have done cannot be an option in any shape or form, particularly as the better financed clubs reach the business end of the season where one off games can result in freak results that do not suit them.

Will common sense prevail for once ... ?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:25 am

darlojay wrote:It's up to the league to decide if they replay the game or if it's a forfeit. The panel will decide on that.

Don't expect the NPL to pass comment though until all appeals have been heard (if applicable) as they never do. So if Warrington appeal any charge it could be a few weeks/months before any comment is made. This doesn't stop the league handing us the three points before that though.

My understanding is that the league have no jurisdiction to punish the manager, just the club. Since the FA are doing FA about it Reid is unlikely to face individual sanctions. However Warrington Town as a club may decide to discipline him. Unlikely though as they are scared of upsetting him due to the publicity and funding his brother brings the club. Allegedly.
Someone said earlier in the thread that the reason the FA aren't involved at this stage is because any appeal would have to go before them. That probably means that they could increase / decrease / vary any penalties applied by the league. The possibility of the FA taking further action might put Warrington off the idea of appealing any sanctions imposed. :roll:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 am

AnthonyP wrote:It's being dealt with on the 4th of September.
For definite - we should hear something later today?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:14 pm

mikkyx wrote:
AnthonyP wrote:It's being dealt with on the 4th of September.
For definite - we should hear something later today?
That's what we were told by a former referee at the Bank Holiday monday game. He was quite certain of the date.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 pm

It's being dealt with means the meeting is today I thought? I have no idea whether they meet at 10am, 12noon, 3pm or 7pm. Don't anyone get to anxious if we don't hear tonight.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:10 pm

[/quote]
Our argument would be that the ref did not abandon the game, but that Warrington refused to play on, forcing an abandonment that should not have happened, therefore they forfeited the game[/quote]

This is precisely the reason why I believe we should be given the points. If our game had been abandoned by the referee after 30 minutes because of say a waterlogged pitch with Darlo leading 2-0, there was always the possibility that Warrington might have gone on to win the game had the pitch not been waterlogged, therefore to be fair to Warrington it would have been right and proper for the match to be replayed. However, in our circumstances Warrington refused to play, it was their choice. Therefore, the alternative scenario of Warrington going to win the match could never have come to fruition because of their refusal to play i.e. they forfeited the match. By this logic, I can't see that there are any grounds to re-play the match.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:15 pm

lo36789 wrote:It's being dealt with means the meeting is today I thought? I have no idea whether they meet at 10am, 12noon, 3pm or 7pm. Don't anyone get to anxious if we don't hear tonight.
As the management committee are volunteers, I would think their meeting would be in the evening. Unless of course, the meeting has already taken place on a previous evening and today is the day that the judgement is delivered.

darlojay

Warrington Excuses

Post by darlojay » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:06 pm

I doubt we will hear tonight.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Still no news? i really hope the league use a bit of common sense but i doubt it

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Still nothing.

Wasn't the meeting yesterday?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 pm

I think the longer they take to come to a decision the less it`s going to be in our favour

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:52 pm

darlo reborn wrote:I think the longer they take to come to a decision the less it`s going to be in our favour
..... the decision has already been made. The unacceptable silence just proves what some of us said earlier .... The Evostik League is a joke and they continue to take the p*** .... As if what Warrington did wasn't bad enough :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 pm

I am sure clubs will have to be informed first. Then a public announcement. There is zero correlation between time taken and unfavourable decisions for DFC.

Remember...It's not urgent.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:36 pm

This thread is beyond a joke. So many ill-informed, impatient people making rubbish up. Fact of the matter is that the league will let us know their decision in due course. Until then, there's nothing we can do but be patient (although that is beyond some of the clowns in this thread).

In the meantime, we wait and hold off on the "this league is a joke" and "it's unacceptable" type comments.

I'm all for waiting to see what the actual decision is first before making a response. That would be the rational and sensible thing to do.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:37 pm

lo36789 wrote:I am sure clubs will have to be informed first. Then a public announcement. There is zero correlation between time taken and unfavourable decisions for DFC.

Remember...It's not urgent.
My word, someone looking at this in a reasonable, sensible, logical way. Maybe there is hope...

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:16 am

My word, another sanctimonious post.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:52 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:My word, another sanctimonious post.
Nah - just someone who's not making hysterical posts about something beyond his control.

Back in your box dear.