Warrington Excuses

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

windyforce4
Team Supported: Darlington

Warrington Excuses

Post by windyforce4 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Just been on the evo stik web site. Very interesting reading. Wonder what Warrington will get after so many games manage to play on with a replacement......

Ankle break rules out assistant referee
EVO-STIK League
Ankle break rules out assistant referee Zoom
Assistant referee David Jones won’t be involved in EVO-STIK League action for many months after breaking his ankle at Bamber Bridge on Bank Holiday Monday.

The official was initially thought to have twisted his ankle when running the line ten minutes into the First Division North clash at Ingfield with Boro leading 1-0 thanks to a third minute Bevan Burey strike.

Jones was stretchered off and taken to the Royal Preston Hospital before a replacement was found and play restarted after a delay of 20 minutes to the 1-1 draw, Stuart Vasey grabbing a late equaliser for the hosts.

Image courtesy of Pete Gray/Radcliffe Borough FC

Feethams 1966

Re: Warrington Excuses

Post by Feethams 1966 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm still smarting about this. Like a lot of others no doubt, I looked forward to the start of the football season and some normality after the disappointments of the world cup. I travelled a long way from Wensleydale to watch the game that Saturday and hung around like everyone else for a long time till the match was called off. I was furious to read afterwards that the other team had refused to carry on when they could have done, especially given the nature of their excuses. As I work full time during the week my leisure time is precious. There were any number of other things I could have done that weekend and I feel that I was cheated and lost an afternoon by the time I reached home . I'm not sure what should be done to Warrington but whatever they get it needs to be something to ensure they don't pull a similar stunt again.
By the way, how can I use that abandoned ticket I got on the way out; is it valid for any home game or just a re-match against that Warrington shower?

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 pm

It's only valid if we replay the game against Warrington

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm

..... like the chap from Wensleydale suggests, this whole thing is unacceptable and becomes more so by the day in my eyes. The Evostik League have simply just put it on their monthly agenda ... "item 18 section 4b in brackets ... ". This should have been dealt with quickly and severely to show that this kind of thing just can't be allowed. Over 1000 people including a handful of Warrington fans had the p*** taken out of them ..... The League too had the p*** taken out of them and now .... the League is taking the p*** out of us .... Totally unacceptable. It wouldn't even happen on a Sunday morning .... If it did, the consequences would be known by now for sure!!!!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 pm

AIDO wrote:..... like the chap from Wensleydale suggests, this whole thing is unacceptable and becomes more so by the day in my eyes. The Evostik League have simply just put it on their monthly agenda ... "item 18 section 4b in brackets ... ". This should have been dealt with quickly and severely to show that this kind of thing just can't be allowed. Over 1000 people including a handful of Warrington fans had the p*** taken out of them ..... The League too had the p*** taken out of them and now .... the League is taking the p*** out of us .... Totally unacceptable. It wouldn't even happen on a Sunday morning .... If it did, the consequences would be known by now for sure!!!!!
Great post.

I was annoyed and unimpressed by that Saturday's events. Out of the people who have written to the Evostick league (I was one) I wonder who has got a reply?

Not me, and my email was written with a cool head, and all my spelling was brilliant (lo)

At least Amos answered the questions that were put to him.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Wish we'd all stop with this victim syndrome. It will be dealt with, it won't just be swept under the carpet.

If it had been 2 days before the end of the season, then it probably would have been sorted on the night. As it happens it was the first game of the season. Snap judgements are rarely the best judgements.

As you say it will be on the monthly agenda. It doesn't need exceptional costs to be incurred when it is NOT an urgent matter! Just relax and enjoy the games we are having!

It really is not worth getting worked up about. It has been, gone and now it is in the authorities hands. Let them deliberate and come to the right outcome. Until the decision has been made by the committee do you really think anyone is going to say anything that might not be the group decision? They will, quite rightly, get the party line agreed.

Very different to the Mike Amos league. He can and does just say what he believes is right and that is probably the eventuality.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 pm

I've no problem with the Evostik league considering this incident at their next monthly meeting . . . just bleeding well say so!!!
The only outcome should be a match awarded 3-0 to us with Warrington deducted 3 points and made to pay expenses. Anything less would give Warrington a break of some kind and send the wrong message to any other chancer.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 pm

They did. It is in our programme notes?

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 pm

lo36789 wrote:Wish we'd all stop with this victim syndrome. It will be dealt with, it won't just be swept under the carpet.

If it had been 2 days before the end of the season, then it probably would have been sorted on the night. As it happens it was the first game of the season. Snap judgements are rarely the best judgements.

As you say it will be on the monthly agenda. It doesn't need exceptional costs to be incurred when it is NOT an urgent matter! Just relax and enjoy the games we are having!

It really is not worth getting worked up about. It has been, gone and now it is in the authorities hands. Let them deliberate and come to the right outcome. Until the decision has been made by the committee do you really think anyone is going to say anything that might not be the group decision? They will, quite rightly, get the party line agreed.

Very different to the Mike Amos league. He can and does just say what he believes is right and that is probably the eventuality.
It was potentially an urgent matter, as their decision, or lack of, affected our team selection .

If they award the game to us, then they are telling us our suspended players had a double suspension, the league will have breathed a sigh of relief when we beat Spenny, because they dropped the ball massively by not dealing with it immediately.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:34 pm

They couldn't really push it any sooner though. There is a rule that match reports from officials and clubs have to be in within 48hours. That is an FA rule - the majority of people involved in the game at this level at part time, they need to set realistic expectations.

I will give you an example. Last week I was on the line a 3PM KO. The referee, a policeman, had a 6-2 shift on that Saturday evening. After the game finished and he went straight there.

That is what takes priority. Not reporting the game 'immediately'.

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 pm

The game should have been awarded to Darlington, pending the leagues enquiry then, the rules state it can go on with 2 officials, so its now down to Warrington to prove why it shouldn't have gone ahead.

That way our suspended players would have been available, and could serve their suspension later if Warrington convince the league the game should be replayed.

They've backed themselves into a corner really, where they cant award the game to us.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:06 pm

shawry wrote:The game should have been awarded to Darlington, pending the leagues enquiry then, the rules state it can go on with 2 officials, so its now down to Warrington to prove why it shouldn't have gone ahead.

That way our suspended players would have been available, and could serve their suspension later if Warrington convince the league the game should be replayed.

They've backed themselves into a corner really, where they cant award the game to us.
You are getting yourself into an irrational flap.

You can't award anything until you have the enquiry. What if the enquiry finds that there were valid grounds for the game to be postponed, then you end up with use playing players against Spennymoor that should not have played. Then that game gets put into doubt later in the day especially if we had won it.

I think what you are suggesting is guilty until proven innocent!

As for
shawry wrote:They've backed themselves into a corner really, where they cant award the game to us.
. You what? They can make any decision they want? Have I missed something that means they can't - as far as I am concerned nothing has changed other than they have had more time to get the right outcome? In fact since we won against Spennymoor it makes it much easier to award the game to us, if we had lost against them then they might have been better saying 'postponement'!

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 am

Warrington as a club should face severe punishment, and in turn deal with the Manager who brought about these events, however what of the referee? I

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 am

Warrington as a club should face severe punishment, and in turn deal with the Manager who brought about these events, however what of the referee?
How will he be dealt with? From what I have read and heard he was unclear on the rules. Had he been so then surely there would not have been a need for contact with the League/FA.
By acting decisively within the rules he could then have prevented all of this

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 am

Can't see what the referee did wrong?

1. First step is try and find a replacement from the crowd.
2. Next step is continue with 2 officials.

As I understand it confirmation that you continue with 2 officials was done prior to the refusal to play with the replacement officials.

The call to the league was to get Warrigton's secretary on our side so try and force Shaun Reid's hand.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:05 am

lo36789 wrote:Can't see what the referee did wrong?

1. First step is try and find a replacement from the crowd.
2. Next step is continue with 2 officials.

As I understand it confirmation that you continue with 2 officials was done prior to the refusal to play with the replacement officials.

The call to the league was to get Warrigton's secretary on our side so try and force Shaun Reid's hand.
You're talking too far too rationally and sensibly for this thread...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:35 am

For once, I agree with Lo.

It's a case of being patient and waiting for the league's monthly meeting.

A lot of people are rightly annoyed by what went on at the game, but we can't get too wound up by it. But some people do like being sensationalist.

Everything that should have happened up to this point, has. There's nothing more the club can do and we'll have to wait.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:16 am

tezza wrote:Warrington as a club should face severe punishment, and in turn deal with the Manager who brought about these events, however what of the referee?
How will he be dealt with? From what I have read and heard he was unclear on the rules. Had he been so then surely there would not have been a need for contact with the League/FA.
By acting decisively within the rules he could then have prevented all of this

Martin Gray made a comment in his post match interview regarding the referee (presumably the replacement one) not acting decisively enough when the injury first happened.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am

Part time leagues will always deal with stuff monthly. How long did it take for Thompsons ban to come into force after twittergate with West?

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Think you will find that MG was aiming the comment at the original referee and linesman, 1 of whom wandered around on the pitch like a lost soul for 10 minutes.

Sorry but his leg injury should not have had a numbing effect on his brain, and understanding/application of the rules. Once Warrington objected he should have enforced the 2 official rule immediately.

I do agree once the game was abandoned that the league have acted properly.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:09 pm

tezza wrote:Think you will find that MG was aiming the comment at the original referee and linesman, 1 of whom wandered around on the pitch like a lost soul for 10 minutes.

Sorry but his leg injury should not have had a numbing effect on his brain, and understanding/application of the rules. Once Warrington objected he should have enforced the 2 official rule immediately.

I do agree once the game was abandoned that the league have acted properly.

I'm not sure what the position of the original referee is ie when did his authority end and when did authority of new official start? The whole situation as to what happened on the day would be farcical if it was not so important to all concerned.

I think that whatever the league decide re Warrington's behaviour (which was at the very least unsporting) , the officials will be getting a word in their ear (or more) regarding their weak handling of the situation.

Sadly, the FA are pathetic in setting an example. They talk about respect etc, but then allow players from Premiership downwards swear at referees, challenge decisions etc with impunity. This sort of behaviour spreads down the leagues and exhibits itself in the disgraceful behaviour (whether within the rules or not) seen by Warrington. The spirit of the game was not upheld.

It will be interesting to see what Warrington get as a punishment IF found guilty of any offence

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Seriously Spen. Netball might suit you better.

This has nothing to do with swearing/challenging decisions. That is part and parcel of the game and it is great - it shows people care and it means something to them.

Go and watch academy football and you will see what the future hold. It is mute and sanitized. The players feel like prize china and any physical contact might break them. Wouldn't say boo to a goose either.

It's completely different and unrelated to refusing to play.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:59 pm

lo36789 wrote:Seriously Spen. Netball might suit you better.

This has nothing to do with swearing/challenging decisions. That is part and parcel of the game and it is great - it shows people care and it means something to them.
Actually, I think you will find it is not part of the game. The aim of the game is to score goals, not to swear and abuse the officials.

in fact, I think you will find using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures is a straight red card offence in the laws of the game
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footbal ... eutral.pdf @ p39

Go and watch academy football and you will see what the future hold. It is mute and sanitized. The players feel like prize china and any physical contact might break them. Wouldn't say boo to a goose either.
There is a world of difference between being competive and physical and using abusive language

It's completely different and unrelated to refusing to play.

It is related. Its about respect - and whether Warrington broke any laws or not, they showed no respect for the fans or their opponents in their behaviour. In the same way, swearing at the officials when they give decisions you don't like is showing no respect to the officials.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Depends what you see as foul and abusive. Do you instantly feel fouled and/or abused when someone swears at you?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:53 pm

lo36789 wrote:Depends what you see as foul and abusive. Do you instantly feel fouled and/or abused when someone swears at you?
It depends.

If you said: "Spen, you're a tosser," that's fairly mild and not very abusive.

But if you said: "F**k off Spen you two-faced retarded c**t," that's quite abusive.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Aye, but where do you draw the line on holding back and telling the truth.

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:30 pm

So Spen have you decided Warrington are guilty yet then?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:52 pm

charlie wrote:So Spen have you decided Warrington are guilty yet then?

Not for me to decide.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:00 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
AIDO wrote:..... like the chap from Wensleydale suggests, this whole thing is unacceptable and becomes more so by the day in my eyes. The Evostik League have simply just put it on their monthly agenda ... "item 18 section 4b in brackets ... ". This should have been dealt with quickly and severely to show that this kind of thing just can't be allowed. Over 1000 people including a handful of Warrington fans had the p*** taken out of them ..... The League too had the p*** taken out of them and now .... the League is taking the p*** out of us .... Totally unacceptable. It wouldn't even happen on a Sunday morning .... If it did, the consequences would be known by now for sure!!!!!
Great post.

I was annoyed and unimpressed by that Saturday's events. Out of the people who have written to the Evostick league (I was one) I wonder who has got a reply?

Not me, and my email was written with a cool head, and all my spelling was brilliant (lo)

At least Amos answered the questions that were put to him
Aye, Comrade Amos was always good answering his emails and normally quite quick in doing so.

I have had a reply from the Evo-Stik 2 weeks after my initial email

All it simply said was
Warrington Town will need to appear before a panel of League Board members at a date to be decided.
A date T.B.D god knows when that will be

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:47 am

I too have had exactly the same email.

A simplistic/basic response.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.