West Auckland

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlogent
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: West Auckland

Post by darlogent » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:24 pm

onewayup wrote:1600 Wednesday night I think,bit of niggle there with west.
No chance getting anywhere near 1600 on Wednesday night! 800-1000 best

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Agree with what most have wrote, during the first half and at half time I thought if/when we equalised then we would go on to win it. Sadly removing Armstong and Dowson reduced our performance, the ball stopped sticking up top and then West got on top of the game.

I see what people are saying about Thompson, I think he is one of those that has to play through these spells. Hopefully Amar will be fit for Wednesday as he does stretch the opposition when available.

By all accounts prices are the same on Wednesday £6 Adults & £3 Concessions/Kids.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 pm

quakerste wrote:Not at the races today too many players were off their game however we had enough chances in the first half to have won it. Armstrong will have nightmares about the miss in the first half with the goal at his mercy

Yet again the midfield was the weak link for me like last Saturday the game just passed Scotty by and he was totally ineffective. Far to much hoof ball which West dealt with comfortably.

Let's bring in a couple of centre midfielders not more strikers.
No point in bringing in midfielders if the game plan is to bypass midfield. It seemed to me that the players were under instruction to launch the ball to the front and it didn't work. All our best chances came from wide positions.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Wasn't there so can't justify the performance. But considering W£st's infamous cabbage patch, was route one a case of playing the pitch as much as the team? We've not played constant long ball in any of our previous matches this season. So it seems an odd way to revert without direction.

As for Thommo. He is out of sorts. But he's been through rough patches before. He will come good. He just needs a goal. He's looking fitter this season compared to last. A bit trimmer round the edges. So I don't buy the lack of fitness. He's built like Gabbas. And plays like Gabbas. Have faith.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:38 pm

When I say plays like Gabbas. I mean he sees stuff others don't. And can create something out if nothing.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Disappointed with the draw and style of play (which I suspect we will see crop up throughout the season).

However, financially, getting a home replay against a local team with the chance of around 1,000 going, possibly more, could be a boost.

That said, I'd rather we'd finished off the game today. And West isn't an easy place to go to anyway, so I don't think it's disastrous.

Hopefully there's better to come on Wednesday.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:52 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Agree with what most have wrote, during the first half and at half time I thought if/when we equalised then we would go on to win it. Sadly removing Armstong and Dowson reduced our performance, the ball stopped sticking up top and then West got on top of the game.

I see what people are saying about Thompson, I think he is one of those that has to play through these spells. Hopefully Amar will be fit for Wednesday as he does stretch the opposition when available.

By all accounts prices are the same on Wednesday £6 Adults & £3 Concessions/Kids.
Might have a look along to this one if prices are as stated above. Will depend on if im in a good mood after Bishops have won our replay on tues! Be interesting to see who plays on friday/sat/sunday IF we both get through to 1st qual rnd as we are both at home.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:48 pm

LLB wrote:Be interesting to see who plays on friday/sat/sunday IF we both get through to 1st qual rnd as we are both at home.
Doesn't it go on league standings? If it does I'd be annoyed if I was a Bishop fan.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:15 pm

7.30pm kick off on Wed. Night

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Noticed that on northern league fixtures is that right then ??

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 pm

loan_star wrote:
LLB wrote:Be interesting to see who plays on friday/sat/sunday IF we both get through to 1st qual rnd as we are both at home.
Doesn't it go on league standings? If it does I'd be annoyed if I was a Bishop fan.
I always understood it went on who was drawn first out of the hat.

Potentially 2 big games at HP that weekend

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Why not play them both on same day it could be called super Saturday one after other would certainly be a good crowd

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 pm

Neither of us are through yet and even if we do a home tie against Blyth would guarantee a good gate as Blyth have a good away following.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:26 pm

posters on about hoof ball are not considering the conditions. it was windy, the pitch was not exactly flat with various slopes and the ground was rock hard with the ball bobbling all over the place.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 am

That's still no excuse for the way we played for the last half an hour.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 am

walshys_wingman_11 wrote:posters on about hoof ball are not considering the conditions. it was windy, the pitch was not exactly flat with various slopes and the ground was rock hard with the ball bobbling all over the place.
Except it wasn't a one off. It happens every time things aren't going quite right. Sometimes it's the default tactic.

I've got nothing wrong with the long ball game as such, but it has to have intelligence and purpose behind it.

What we saw on Saturday and in previous games was lazy, aimless and has rarely led to any success.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:54 am

We tried to play short football for the first ten minutes and soon discovered it was not going to work on a pitch like that. So, we went more direct, got on the end of flick ons and played direct balls in to the channels - almost all our chances came that way and it was the right style of football to play.

Problem in the last half hour was that every time the ball went forward, we committed a foul or got caught needlessly offside. Hatch and Fisher had an absolute mare in this regard. This led to us having much less of the ball and having to do some defending ourselves.

So I don't buy this theory that we started "hoof ball" for the last half hour, the style didn't change that much, just the execution was much worse.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:00 am

well hopefully on Wednesday at HP we can get it down and play on a good surface.

Potential to get through a few rounds, financially huge for the club.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:24 am

Bogratsteve wrote:I've been a big champion of Fisher but I'm starting to think he's not either good enough or interested, his persistent inability to stay on side is costing us, Hatch won most of his headers and flicked the ball on well, I'm sure Dowson would work well with Hatch as would Armstrong
Agree wholeheartedly with this. Best for the lad to leave now otherwise his confidence which is already low will be shattered. Hatch and Dowson need to be paired at some stage.

Mitchell & Portas are 2 gems. Thompson seems to have lost some edge, is it fitness or confidence? either way he needs to stop the strops. Sure he will click just hope its soon.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:32 am

With Thompson could it be that he is not the star player now and needs to adjust to this