West Auckland

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

West Auckland

Post by quakerste » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Looking forward to the cup game against West on Saturday. Tickets appeared to be selling well at least 300 today.

Runwithit

Re: West Auckland

Post by Runwithit » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

I hope we absolutely hammer them 4 or 5-0 can not stand west at all

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:59 pm

West Auckland are awya to Dunston tomorrow night in the NL, no doubt Gray and Atkinson will be there.

Got my ticket about 2:45pm and they had sold a couple of hundred then and I don't believe the game is all ticket just they are making it less of a queue on saturday to get in.

I think this is a very important game for us, a good little run in the FA Cup is just what we need. West are still a good team and will be well up for the game against us, hopefully we take a good crowd, get behind the lads and come away with a victory.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:22 pm

West Auckland 1 Darlington 0 (10 mins)

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Half time. We seem to have had a few chances - Armstrong had one cleared off the line, Thompson hit the post.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:09 pm

1-1
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Thank Goodness.
Mitchell with the goal

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 pm

FT 1-1 Replay Wednesday night at HP. Thanks to the shoutcast lads. Maybe it was planned to get the cash from a replay? :roll:

Horlicks, just realised that the shower who embarrassed us in Brazil have a friendly on Wednesday. That'll give the armchair wallahs an excuse to stay in. :roll:
Last edited by joejaques on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm

should we double the price to £18 for the west fans.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:14 pm

quakerray wrote:should we double the price to £18 for the west fans.
What a great idea. Should earn us at least an extra £90. :roll:

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Not our best performance, back to hoof ball in the 2nd half, disappointing. Is it me but there pitch looks huge compared to HP
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Not a good performance, struggled with the same old hoof ball tactic against their mammoth of a defender even with Dowson and Armstrong on, when they were subbed, we had not much going forward.

Had a guess Mitchell would have a good game, again, he impressed me with his passion and eager to play, deserved the goal.

Scott looked lost in the first 10 minutes, but was hardly on the ball the entire game after that.

Thompson. Idk what has happened, he has seemed to lost it. I thought he was just taking lightly to pre season, but so far, he hasn't shown a smidgeon of any of his attributes that make him great, he made the wrong decisions today, and there was alot of them, main one being, he looks down at the ball too much, instead of looking for runs.

Room for vast improvement for Wednesday, we need to have more eagerness, and use the midfield more, countless times Portus and Scott were open for the ball, but it was just lofted over them, headed back, and we had to defend. WE need to have more intelligence of where the ball should go, and what we can make of the next pass.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:52 pm

Mitchell was MOM for me, gave it everything and was tireless.

Scott was not at the races, he pulled out of tackles and I would have had Reed or Robinson in place at half time.

Thompson is out of sorts but was unlucky to not score, he wouldn't start for me.

Armstrong had a good game and with Dowson made a menace of themselves, best starting pair?

Really disappointed at how many times Galbraith was looking for a man and nobody would make themselves available for the pass.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:53 pm

That was poor, back to long ball second-half and truth be told it was absolutely dreadful. Second to the ball for the majority, what's the point in playing like that when we essentially play with a 3 man-midfield and Thompson drifting? Mitchell dragged us through IMO.

Also I didn't understand why one forward line replaced another. It wasn't a pre-season friendly and Dowson looked dangerous. It was painful to watch at times, West passed it around so why couldn't we?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Bogratsteve wrote: Really disappointed at how many times Galbraith was looking for a man and nobody would make themselves available for the pass.
Thought Galbraith looked excellent today. As you say though he got little help, especially in the second half after the substitutions were made.

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Good in first half.....other than missing an open goal. Poor in second half as we just kept playing long ball and hoofing it up. Hope Amar gets a game on Wednesday

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Not at the races today too many players were off their game however we had enough chances in the first half to have won it. Armstrong will have nightmares about the miss in the first half with the goal at his mercy

Yet again the midfield was the weak link for me like last Saturday the game just passed Scotty by and he was totally ineffective. Far to much hoof ball which West dealt with comfortably.

Let's bring in a couple of centre midfielders not more strikers.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm

The substitutions certainly weakened the team. Can we stop playing hoofball.
M I C R A 3

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Any idea what the attendance was today?

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:37 pm

love it! wrote:Any idea what the attendance was today?
1218 at a guess
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Galbraith, Mitchell and defence mainly good. Midfield bypassed and as usual west made it scrappy.

Armstrong had enough chances to get a hattrick. Poor by his standards. Thommo was useless because he doesn't defend, when he isn't attacking well he's putting us a man down.

Overall more than enough chances to finish the game there and then. Played well when we drove at them and kept the ball low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:43 pm

First half we were much better the side despite being a goal down. How Armstrong missed that one on the goal line Ill never know.
Everytime I see Mitchell he impresses me. So much energy. I really hope we can hold onto him for as long as possible.

Second half when we got the early goal I thought the floodgates would open. But as soon as Hatch and Fisher came on we reverted to hoofball and it got really scrappy which suited West.

Agree with the comments on Tommo- a couple of moments of real quality (he was unlucky first half hitting the post) but he's not at the races at the moment.

Still we're in the cup and if we play like we did first 60 mins today on Wednesday, Im confident we should see off West in the reply.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:44 pm

joejaques wrote:FT 1-1 Replay Wednesday night at HP. Thanks to the shoutcast lads. Maybe it was planned to get the cash from a replay? :roll:

Horlicks, just realised that the shower who embarrassed us in Brazil have a friendly on Wednesday. That'll give the armchair wallahs an excuse to stay in. :roll:
To watch that shower of shite I don't think so pal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:45 pm

I thought there pitch looked really wide and thought Thompson would have a field day but he is running at about 40% of what he was last year.
Mitchell is class at this level MOM as usual

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Attendance 1238 today according to the echo

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 pm

1600 Wednesday night I think,bit of niggle there with west.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 pm

Not for the first time, didn't see the need for the substitutions. Meant we reverted to a style of football West were comfortable with. Absolutely awful football second half from both teams. Disappointed with West who seem to have gone well backwards since our last encounters - one effort on goal all game, albeit it went in. Take Ward out and they'd have no tactic at all.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Was pleased to hear the full time whistle, first half other than conceding the goal we created afew decent chances to level the score, 2nd half other than Mitchell getting the goal we looked poor, misplaced passing, hoofball, 2nd to every ball. We're still in the cup though with an added extra of another game meaning more £££ to come into the club, hopefully with us being on our flat pitch we decide to play football

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:39 pm

First half , aside from the first ten minutes we dominated. The back four look excellent and were today, Portas and Mitchell continued their good form - so not all doom and gloom. On another day we could have had five.

Last half an hour was dreadful though, yet again showing how Dowson is still the main man going forward. I'm afraid Hatchy and Fisher did all West's defending for them by being persistently caught offside or fouling. Whilst I agree with some of the criticism the conditions were not suited to short stuff and the ball over the top in the first half was where all our danger came from, difference in the last half hour was every time the ball went forward we committed a foul.

We've really got to draw a line under this Nathan Fisher experiment as well. It's painful to watch.

As for Thommo - the lad just does not look fit enough to play the type of game we're asking him to play - a real shame considering his undoubted talent. It would be hard to argue for his inclusion over a fit Purewal, and I never thought I'd catch myself writing that.

We should still have much too much for West on Wednesday, and to cut both teams some slack that was a really bobbly, hard pitch and a strong wind blowing the ball right down the slope.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:43 pm

I've been a big champion of Fisher but I'm starting to think he's not either good enough or interested, his persistent inability to stay on side is costing us, Hatch won most of his headers and flicked the ball on well, I'm sure Dowson would work well with Hatch as would Armstrong