Burscough v Darlington Highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TFDM
Team Supported: Darlington

Burscough v Darlington Highlights

Post by TFDM » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:47 am

divas

Re: Burscough v Darlington Highlights

Post by divas » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:04 am

Cheers Kev.

Well worked training ground free kick for their second but Gray will be furious with the defending, Hatch totally losing his man and then Mitchell for a split second thinks about trying to cover and loses his man who knocks it in.

Lovely bit of skill by Armstrong to set up the second , showing he's not just a target man.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:06 am

Really should have won when looking back, pitch had a lot more bobbles than you would expect in August.

2 points dropped but still think we showed enough yesterday, it certainly was no Farsley from last year where we just got outplayed in midfield that day.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:13 am

The midfield kept things together well, Portas and Mitchell were energetic as ever and Scott was the driving force. Burscough seemed to try and match us in midfield at times so hats off to them. What let us down in the first-half was the final ball leading up to the chance, and then in the second-half it was our finishing.

Rather that be the case than being over-ran in midfield and ridiculously exposed at the back.
Last edited by JPearson97 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:14 am

Seems a few were very happy that Fisher started. I'd be surprised if he started tomorrow.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:19 am

Ingleby wrote:Seems a few were very happy that Fisher started. I'd be surprised if he started tomorrow.
Scott, Dowson and Armstrong would have been brought off with tomorrow in mind so, like you say, I'd be surprised if Fisher started tomorrow.

Thompson wasn't getting much luck on the left so I'd like to see him drop in the hole behind 2 forwards in front of a midfield 3 which would get the best out of him without changing too much.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:33 pm

start with exactly the same team as against Warrington & Spenny. But Thompson for Purewal.

The highlights showed we had PLENTY of chances to win the game. Unlucky on a few. Probs 2 points dropped, but not everyone will go to Burscough and win