Burscough V Darlington FC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Burscough V Darlington FC

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:41 pm

We're losing 0-1..Bugger!
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:41 pm

1-0 down

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:42 pm

My fault. For the first time in a gazillion years I'm able to tune into listen to them match so I've jinxed it.

Switching commentary off now!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:43 pm

1-1 Gary Brown Yeessss!!!!!
Come on Darlo!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:My fault. For the first time in a gazillion years I'm able to tune into listen to them match so I've jinxed it.

Switching commentary off now!
LOL 1-1 now, well done C_n

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:48 pm

1 - 1 Gary Brown

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:49 pm

H-T 1-1
Come on Darlo!

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:58 pm

swadquaker wrote:All very quiet. How are we doing?
0-0 sounds lack lustre to me but we will do it in the end. Think we are on top.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:13 pm

any reason why Reed wasn't on the bench? I know there's a competition for places but surprised to not see him in the 16.

Do we have him on a contract?

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:15 pm

2-1 gary Brown yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on Darlo!

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Gary Goal machine Brown!! 2-1!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:16 pm

2-1- Darlo, Brown again :D :clap: :roll:

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Thommo on for Dowson
Come on Darlo!

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Get ya hatrick brownie :)

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Hatch on for Armstrong
Come on Darlo!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:34 pm

2-2
Come on Darlo!

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:35 pm

FFs

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:36 pm

2-2 Horlicks :twisted: :( :roll:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:37 pm

2-2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:40 pm

we missed an open goal to make it 1-3 too apparently

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:55 pm

FT: 2-2
Come on Darlo!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm

FT 2-2. Thanks to the Shoutcast lads. I was lost last week without you. :roll:

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Dropped 2 points today, we looked nothing compared to what we were tuesday, we certainly missed Amar today.

Thompson came on, but i thought way too late, and we sat back and thought we won the game, how wrong we were.

Fisher...well...he was completely off the mark today, should of scored that 1v1 not sure how he didn't, would of came home with a win if he did. He has had his chances, I don't think we can give him anymore.

We seemed to go back to the loft ball tactics for some time in that game which served no purpose.

We had more chances, but we didn't finish them, aside that, we were not that brilliant apart from those moments.

Well done to Browny though on his 2 goals.

I think MG got it wrong today more so than the players with the substitutions and the timings, i know resting for monday is important, but to cost 2 points was a bit of an error.

Not totally pleased with the performance today, but a win on monday will redeem that.

Darlofart

Post by Darlofart » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks for the report Darlo Dean. I agree with your comments re Fisher, sadly things haven't worked out for him but IMO Gray should deffo have started with Tommo. Two points dropped today but hopefully we'll start with our best 11 (and that includes Reed and Tommo) on Monday.
Pfffffft

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 pm

We certainly were not as fluent today as we were on Tuesday. Burscough sat back and tried to hit us on the break with pace, especially the lad Gary Brown was marking. They had set themselves up to be strong and not strecth themselves going forward.

I thought we done just enough to win the game today although Burscough would probably feel they done enough to get a draw. Everyone thought Fisher had scored to make it 3-1 but sadly it rolled wide, the lad just can't seem to get things right for Darlo.

One of those days though and you can tell everyone is dissapointed with a draw but we just have to try and make sure we win on Monday against Kendal. Going to be a tough league this season but after seeing the start then I think we will be there or there abouts come end of April.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:06 am

2 points dropped on the face of things.

We started off brightly in the first-half but lost our way a little. Their lad seemed to have all the time in the world for their goal. Our final ball let us down on a couple of occasions. 1-1 was a fair result going into H/T.

The opening 10 minutes of the second-half were fairly even then once we got the second we really started to play and how we didn't get a third I don't know. Their equaliser from the free-kick was straight from the training ground and it left us ball watching. Again a lack of composure stopped us from getting the winner. Thompson wasn't getting much luck on the left at all.

All in all a frustrating game but we were always going to drop points. We've had a very good start of the season, 4 points from 2 away games, should have been 7 from 3. Comparisons to last season are way off the mark. Had it finished 3-1 then people would have been saying that it was a good performance, unfortunately Burscough played on the counter and sucker-punched us.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 am

Watching the highlights it's amazing that we didn't win. The amount of close chances we had. Adam Mitchell looks like he is absolutely loving playing he really is a great signing.
DarloDean wrote:Fisher...well...he was completely off the mark today, should of scored that 1v1 not sure how he didn't, would of came home with a win if he did. He has had his chances, I don't think we can give him anymore.
The ball takes a massive bobble, it completely changes direction when you watch the replay - he did well to actually get a shot away given the bobble it took just before he hit it.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:21 am

lo36789 wrote:Watching the highlights it's amazing that we didn't win. The amount of close chances we had. Adam Mitchell looks like he is absolutely loving playing he really is a great signing.
DarloDean wrote:Fisher...well...he was completely off the mark today, should of scored that 1v1 not sure how he didn't, would of came home with a win if he did. He has had his chances, I don't think we can give him anymore.
The ball takes a massive bobble, it completely changes direction when you watch the replay - he did well to actually get a shot away given the bobble it took just before he hit it.
DarloDean wrote:Dropped 2 points today, we looked nothing compared to what we were tuesday, we certainly missed Amar today.

Thompson came on, but i thought way too late, and we sat back and thought we won the game, how wrong we were.

Fisher...well...he was completely off the mark today, should of scored that 1v1 not sure how he didn't, would of came home with a win if he did. He has had his chances, I don't think we can give him anymore.

We seemed to go back to the loft ball tactics for some time in that game which served no purpose.

We had more chances, but we didn't finish them, aside that, we were not that brilliant apart from those moments.

I think MG got it wrong today more so than the players with the substitutions and the timings, i know resting for monday is important, but to cost 2 points was a bit of an error.

Not totally pleased with the performance today, but a win on monday will redeem that.
I dont think we should start using Fisher as a scape goat, yea he missed a great chance, but to be fair it looked liked we missed a few. Its all about confidence around the box when he gets off the mark this season i am sure he will come good.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:05 pm

The ball takes a massive bobble, it completely changes direction when you watch the replay - he did well to actually get a shot away given the bobble it took just before he hit it.[/quote]
DarloDean wrote:Dropped 2 points today, we looked nothing compared to what we were tuesday, we certainly missed Amar today.

I dont think we should start using Fisher as a scape goat, yea he missed a great chance, but to be fair it looked liked we missed a few. Its all about confidence around the box when he gets off the mark this season i am sure he will come good.
In respect, I'm not using him as a sole reason for the result, but I'm just starting to think he is not working out for the club, the performance he gave was an eye opener.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Frankly, I'd be more worried about the defending from the Burscough set piece (2nd goal) than fisher. Jeez.