decision time evostick.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

decision time evostick.

Post by onewayup » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I wonder how long we will have to wait before the decision is made about the Warrington debacle,must be this week surely,to long would be a travesty.clubs need to know a.s.a.p

poppyfield

Re: decision time evostick.

Post by poppyfield » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Wonder were the news would break? i assume our club will be the first to hear?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:07 pm

onewayup wrote:I wonder how long we will have to wait before the decision is made about the Warrington debacle,must be this week surely,to long would be a travesty.clubs need to know a.s.a.p
It has been 4 working days. Is it really that urgent? A travesty wow.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:14 pm

I guess the fact that it's at the very beginning of the season rather than the end does make it less urgent. Would be good to get those 3 extra points on the board sooner rather than later whatever way we have to get them.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:27 pm

The only real time issue was relating to the suspensions of Thompson and Robinson which you could say has now passed.

If they were to award us the points, then they have effectively doubled the suspensions served by Thompson and Robinson. For that reason alone, the cynic in me expects Warrington to be punished in other ways (fine, costs and possible points deduction) but for the game to be replayed.

The league are probably quite relieved we beat* Spenny on Tuesday without our suspended players!

*STEAMROLLERED

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:35 pm

How quickly are you supposed to rearrange a game after a posponement/abandonememt?

Surely if the league are going to say the match has to be replayed, they need to allow the other rules in place to be adhered to.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:08 pm

dickdarlington wrote:How quickly are you supposed to rearrange a game after a posponement/abandonememt?

Surely if the league are going to say the match has to be replayed, they need to allow the other rules in place to be adhered to.

I think it's supposed to be 42 days.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Geordie Quaker wrote:The only real time issue was relating to the suspensions of Thompson and Robinson which you could say has now passed.

If they were to award us the points, then they have effectively doubled the suspensions served by Thompson and Robinson. For that reason alone, the cynic in me expects Warrington to be punished in other ways (fine, costs and possible points deduction) but for the game to be replayed.

The league are probably quite relieved we beat* Spenny on Tuesday without our suspended players!

*STEAMROLLERED
This is my thinking as well. It really should be awarded as a win for us but I seriously doubt it now. The sensible thing to do in regards to the suspensions would have been to allow Robinson and Thompson to play on Tuesday night. The league could have then simply said they are banned for the rearranged game or classed their suspensions as served in the event that the game was awarded as a win to us.

However when has common sense ever had anything to do with this.

In all honesty the win on Tuesday night has maybe taken a little of the urgency away in terms of finding out what the outcome of the Warrington game will be. Leagues and the FA end to move at a snails pace anyway.

I fully expect the game to be rearranged (which sadly sets a very dodgy precedent and potentially robs us of a game we'd have won), Warrington to get hit with a big fine, Reid to face a suspension / fine of some kind and us to be reimbursed with our costs for staging the game and having to give people refunds.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:46 pm

I thought the game had to be replayed within 42 days. The date should be set much sooner. But not sure how long is given.

stivie17

Post by stivie17 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:05 am

Best case scenario we get a 3-0 win warrington get fined manager gets fined and banned and
docked points .
Darlo awarded costs for the 2000 people who turned up (lol say tenner a head)

Inbetween scenario warrington fined , docked points, manager gets fined and banned, game
restarted at 2-0 with a little over an hour to play darlo charge £5 across the board and FA rule
that we keep all costs..

worst case scenario game replayed from 0-0 warrington and there dick of a manager get a letter
from the FA asking them not to do it again and they get there fees from playing the game.

even worse Darlo get fined and docked points for not having a loud enuff P.A system asking the
crowd for help and causing warrington undue alarm and distress by making them unfairly
wait hence under article 69 paragraph 3 -10 of the Fa guidebook on stitch darlo up at all costs
sorry you get the drift .......

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 am

stivie17 wrote:....
Darlo awarded costs for the 2000 people who turned up (lol say tenner a head).....

That will be the 1000 who entered the ground AND the 1000 who left as well I presume.

Creative accountancy at its best

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:50 am

spen666 wrote:
Darlo awarded costs for the 2000 people who turned up (lol say tenner a head).....

That will be the 1000 who entered the ground AND the 1000 who left as well I presume.

Just go away.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:29 am

poppyfield wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Just go away.

I agree

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 am

Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:41 am

stivie17 wrote:Best case scenario we get a 3-0 win warrington get fined manager gets fined and banned and
docked points .

Inbetween scenario warrington fined , docked points, manager gets fined and banned, game
restarted at 2-0 with a little over an hour to play darlo charge £5 across the board and FA rule
that we keep all costs..

worst case scenario game replayed from 0-0 warrington and there dick of a manager get a letter
from the FA asking them not to do it again and they get there fees from playing the game.

even worse Darlo get fined and docked points for not having a loud enuff P.A system asking the
crowd for help and causing warrington undue alarm and distress by making them unfairly
wait hence under article 69 paragraph 3 -10 of the Fa guidebook on stitch darlo up at all costs
sorry you get the drift
Funking hell mate, don't give them any ideas ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 am

spen666 wrote:

442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

fozzovmurton wrote:
stivie17 wrote:Best case scenario we get a 3-0 win warrington get fined manager gets fined and banned and
docked points .

that we keep all costs..

sorry you get the drift
Funking hell mate, don't give them any ideas ;)

You can just see it, can't you? Eureka moment, we hadn't thought of that one. :roll:

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:49 am

Presumably whoever is going to give a decision on this has their own set of rules about meetings to deliberate on issues such as these. I would assume they meet once a week at least and that all relevant reports should be sent to the authority within a stated time frame, without which there are further penalties.Is anybody well up enough on the rules of Evostik (or FA) to say when we will have a decision?