The crowd debate

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

The crowd debate

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:23 am

Everyone seems to be of the opinion that our crowds in the up coming season will drop, compared with last seasons. Some say we'll see on average, a drop of around 100. I think that people may be wrong. Last season we didn't have the best of starts and you know that people will follow a successful team. If we get off to a quick start and are top of the league with a good run of wins, then I feel that fans will turn up and we could see crowds increase on what we had last season.

Ingleby

Re: The crowd debate

Post by Ingleby » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:42 am

Not the best of starts? We won 5 from first 6 games and finished second. Not bad.

We have sold less season tickets. Warrington fixture was 120 down from same fixture last year. Hopefully Spenny has a positive knock but unlikely to change much.

It's just the way it is.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 am

I think if you stop going Ingleby, more people will turn up.

You know, with you being a massive twat and all.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

number_one

Post by number_one » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Everyone seems to be of the opinion that our crowds in the up coming season will drop, compared with last seasons. Some say we'll see on average, a drop of around 100. I think that people may be wrong. Last season we didn't have the best of starts and you know that people will follow a successful team. If we get off to a quick start and are top of the league with a good run of wins, then I feel that fans will turn up and we could see crowds increase on what we had last season.
What about a bad run of wins?

Also you say everyone seems to be of the opinion that crowds will drop, but then you say you don't think they will, so that's not everyone and you are actually contradicting yourself.

Of more interest, not just for me but for all message board regulars, what were the Fish and Chips like at Whitby and give some fucking detail about the batter for Christ's sake.

THE PRINCE OF WALES

Post by THE PRINCE OF WALES » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:24 pm

pete,did you get married in that leather jacket and sunglasses you wore on tuesday night?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:31 am

THE PRINCE OF WALES wrote:pete,did you get married in that leather jacket and sunglasses you wore on tuesday night?
Nope.