Its Monday....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BaronsCourtQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Its Monday....

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:48 am

.... and im bored at work and just saw this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141375029955

Pools for Sale.

Bogratsteve

Re: Its Monday....

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:24 am

Did make me chuckle

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 am

They even had an unbelievable bid of £1900, since retracted, from spen666 ?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 am

£34? Who made the bid. Fray Bentos more likely than Juventus. :roll:

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:27 pm

I will give them 20 Lambert & Butler, 2 Litres of Frosty Jacks and a box of Kippers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:02 pm

The funniest thing about all this is that PJ is still deluded :lol:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Oh and me and Andy park were accused of doing it lol

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:09 pm

It was to polite to be written by a Darlo fan, it would have been much more scathing - I see their top player has put a transfer request in today

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Yep, they're going radged over there. They're not biting too much ;) but plenty are already talking of throwing the towel in lol. They really believe they are fooked!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:08 pm

I'm involved in this you say Lee?

First I have heard ha. Deluded Poolies.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 am

Its Pool's so I can only be so sympathetic to them, however it does seem as though any interest from their owners has finally gone which was a predictable situation, it had to end sometime.

It does highlight how unsustainable football is coming/become. For a few years they have an investor pumping money in, they go up the league (nearly championship) they take that investment out and they plummet back to there normal pecking order.

I don't know how the likes of Accrington, Newport, Burton amongst others afford the money to stay afloat.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 am

They are certainly panicking. Which is odd considering how well run and sustainable they are....

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:00 am

Surely anyone would have to paid to take them on, as they are only going to cost you money to run - just like they have for IOR over the last 15 odd years.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:47 am

Uncle ken has turned down alledged offers of £1.2 mill and £1.8 million for Luke James hahahahaha.

He'll probably go for £50k on deadline day lol

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:08 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Yep, they're going radged over there. They're not biting too much ;) but plenty are already talking of throwing the towel in lol. They really believe they are fooked!

It's looking grim for them..Poor old Pj's losing the plot and accusing everybody of being Darlo fans.. :lol:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:40 am

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:Its Pool's so I can only be so sympathetic to them, however it does seem as though any interest from their owners has finally gone which was a predictable situation, it had to end sometime.

It does highlight how unsustainable football is coming/become. For a few years they have an investor pumping money in, they go up the league (nearly championship) they take that investment out and they plummet back to there normal pecking order.

I don't know how the likes of Accrington, Newport, Burton amongst others afford the money to stay afloat.

Doesn't this all stem from the stadium wrangle? The owners want to buy it, but the Council won't sell. I can understand both sides to this. I.O.R want to own their own home (like we all do) while the council are worried about Pools possibly losing their own ground if a Darlo type situation arises.

I expect them to have a bad season but just finish above relegation.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 am

Are you PJ in disguise :lol:

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:12 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Uncle ken has turned down alledged offers of £1.2 mill and £1.8 million for Luke James hahahahaha.

He'll probably go for £50k on deadline day lol
The next James Brown.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:00 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:Its Pool's so I can only be so sympathetic to them, however it does seem as though any interest from their owners has finally gone which was a predictable situation, it had to end sometime.

Doesn't this all stem from the stadium wrangle? The owners want to buy it, but the Council won't sell. I can understand both sides to this. I.O.R want to own their own home (like we all do) while the council are worried about Pools possibly losing their own ground if a Darlo type situation arises.

I expect them to have a bad season but just finish above relegation.
From what I understood, the council are willing to sell but they're not going to give it away for next to nothing. I presume they could include a clause in the contract, similar to Darlo, that a percentage of any future profits from sale of the land / stadium would go back to the council. Or a (watertight) covenant linking the ground to HUFC only (not sport in general like we had with Feethams). It would also test IOR's commitment to the football club and see if they were serious.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:28 am

I think the council are doing the right thing. Hartlepool will always have that ground to turn to if things go bad with IOR. I just don't trust owners who are bothered about the land, I can only think they will want it for re-sale value.

Our circumstances were different we chose to leave Feethams - and I would actually argue that would forgo any condition around the use of the facilities. If only there had been some sort of covenant on the Arena to benefit us - not that it would have helped with the running costs!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:59 am

I don't see how IOR's commitment to the football club can be questioned. They've pumped millions of pounds into that football club to keep it in the football league, but the people of Hartlepool haven't supported it in the same manner. How much longer can IOR be expected to financially support a club that the people of Hartlepool won't support themselves?

We found this out the hard way. Except we just had people 'lending' us money, not subsidising us.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:02 am

Haven't IOR done similar, as far as I can see they owe 12 million at the moment. No doubt this is to IOR, they could easily do a Raj and ask for it all back.

The difference is the have been in it long term, time will tell but from the outside it just looks like they have been putting nothing in for the last couple of years and maybe hoping to make some money back another way perhaps the land.

Maybe the wanted to own the land and then sell the football club, if the council give them the ground for free the club would increase in value by owning it's own ground.

IOR don't really spell out their intentions, which I guess is the big issue for the fans.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:34 pm

But didn't seem to be an issue 10 years ago when they were on the verge of promotion to the Championship....

DC

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Spyman wrote:I don't see how IOR's commitment to the football club can be questioned. They've pumped millions of pounds into that football club to keep it in the football league, but the people of Hartlepool haven't supported it in the same manner. How much longer can IOR be expected to financially support a club that the people of Hartlepool won't support themselves?

We found this out the hard way. Except we just had people 'lending' us money, not subsidising us.
Not questioning their record to date but their future intentions. If they were to purchase the ground on the cheap (a la Reynolds) with a number of covenants / caveats on the stadium and land which ensured they were held in a kind of trust for the football club / town, then that would show a real commitment for the football club's future. If they just want to buy the stadium and land on the cheap, there'll always be suspicions.