Darlington FC V Warrington Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Warrington Town

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Darl-Zero wrote:Totally agree. If we win promotion by those 3 points the other teams will be somewhat aggrieved.
Don't agree. Warrington Cowards FC handed a win to us when they acted like a bunch of girls. I reckon we could have won by quite a few more goals than 2, so even if the decision makers rightfully deem to give us the three points it might end up costing us at the end of the season.

In any case, bearing in mind that the game could have continued with 2 officials, if the League don't enforce this rule they might as well not have it, and state that in any match where an official can't continue, the game has to be stopped and replayed.

That would surely equal chaos.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:47 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote: In any case, bearing in mind that the game could have continued with 2 officials, if the League don't enforce this rule they might as well not have it, and state that in any match where an official can't continue, the game has to be stopped and replayed.

That would surely equal chaos.
This is key IMO

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 pm

I think people are missing the point here I think - Shaun Reid didn't want to continue the match on Health and Safety reasons ?
M I C R A 3

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:11 pm

micra3 wrote:I think people are missing the point here I think - Shaun Reid didn't want to continue the match on Health and Safety reasons ?
He said that simply because if he admits he didn't want to play because he didn't like the idea of playing with 2 officials, or playing with another official being brought in, then he'll get the book thrown at him - because he was told the rules.

He'll probably get the book thrown at him anyway, but the health/safety thing might divert attention away from the real issue.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:12 pm

I would hope they'd point out his players would be given the opportunity to warm up again prior to the game kicking off and then, having advised him of this, they'd throw the book twice as hard.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Yackley_Quaker

Post by Yackley_Quaker » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:16 pm

It should also be pointed out that the only reason his players were off the field for that long was because he refused to allow them to return.

Darlo will

Post by Darlo will » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Another point here, anybody know how the referee is/what actually happened to him?
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Yackley_Quaker wrote:It should also be pointed out that the only reason his players were off the field for that long was because he refused to allow them to return.
This point is key imo, why take your players off? Why not, like we did, put your team through drills to keep warmed up whilst another official is located? Reid is full of bollocks and that's the end of it. This is a manager who is regularly in trouble with the league I may add, a complete embarrassment to all associated with Warrington.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:34 pm

The ideal outcome of this is we get the 2-0 win,Warrington get done 3 points and they bin the jug lugged monkey headed fucker who caused it all.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Twintowers wrote:The ideal outcome of this is we get the 2-0 win,Warrington get done 3 points and they bin the jug lugged monkey headed fucker who caused it all.
This.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Big Tim wrote:
Yackley_Quaker wrote:It should also be pointed out that the only reason his players were off the field for that long was because he refused to allow them to return.
This point is key imo, why take your players off? Why not, like we did, put your team through drills to keep warmed up whilst another official is located? Reid is full of bollocks and that's the end of it. This is a manager who is regularly in trouble with the league I may add, a complete embarrassment to all associated with Warrington.
I agree Tim, which is why I made a point earlier that the league may not be too keen on doing them any favours.

We will have to see, I guess.

AlanSprouts

Post by AlanSprouts » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:16 pm

All quiet on Warrington official site and forum. Bunch of t...s know what they have done. So sad clubs at this level resort to this type of behaviour. Sack Reid Mr Chairman he is doing your club no favours.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Very good post on NLZ quoting the applicable rules.

As it stands there's still some scope for a number of outcomes but it's useful to know that it is completely allowable for us to be awarded the win under the circumstances. Max 3 point deduction for Warrington too
OK, rather than all this speculation, let's have a look at the definitive rules covering this situation as included in the Standardised Rules of this season's FA Handbook.

15.3 (Page 531 of the Handbook)

In the event of any of the Match Officials appointed for a match not being in attendance at the match or becoming unable to complete the match it shall be completed under the control of the remaining Match Officials unless the competing Clubs are able to agree upon a substitute who is acceptable to the Match Referee; should the appointed Match Referee fail to appear then the senior Assistant Referee must take charge. Any substitute agreed for a match shall be considered a Match Official for the purposes of that match. In the event that a Club causes a match to be abandoned in relation to the operation of this Rule then that Club shall be charged with failing to fulfil a fixture (Rule 8.6 refers).

And following on from this, Rule 8.6 reads:

8.6 (Page 521 of the Handbook)

Where a match has been postponed for any reason, [the two Clubs concerned must agree within ( ) days of the postponement a new date (which shall, save in exceptional circumstances, be within 42 days of the original date) and in default the Board is empowered to order Clubs to play on a date it considers suitable.] [The Competition Secretary shall determine the new date.]

Any Club without just cause failing to fulfil an engagement to play a Competition match on the appointed date shall for each offence be liable to expulsion from the Competition and/or such other disciplinary action the Board may determine, including the deduction of up to a maximum of three points from the offending Club’s record, any expenses incurred by their opponents, and a fine.

In the event of a Club being in breach of the previous paragraph of this Rule then the Board may award points to the Club not at fault as if the match had been played and the League table shall reflect the position as if the match had been played with the result awarded by the Board.

So as I read things, at the very least, Warrington must be charged with failing to fulfil a fixture with the punishment being anything up to and including expulsion from the League.

The old Newport County which was wound up back in the 1988/89 season or thereabouts were expelled from the Conference for failing to fulfil a fixture against Enfield earlier in the same season, so there is a precedent.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Expulsion from the league would be a bit extreme, I just want the 3 points thanks...

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Warrington getting reduced 3 points isn't really justice for me

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Interesting reading that. Thanks for posting it. Makes things potentially a bit clearer. But also room for manoeuvre. Also it stands out to me that the offending club has to reimburse any expenses. Quite right too.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Lost in all this the fact that clubs should really do the best to entertain the fans. There again having 2 officials running a game is a completely silly idea. I'm more worried about the costs to the club even without a reply. Presumably, cash income will now have to be refunded to those with a yellow abandoned ticket.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 pm

princes town wrote: There again having 2 officials running a game is a completely silly idea.
Why?

A linesman can run up and down the pitch perfectly fine, adjudging offsides at either end. The ONLY thing he can't do is give throw ins on the opposite side of the pitch because he can only be on one side.

But then the stand in referee - who would be a linesman anyway and would know that role - could keep an eye on the other touchline.

Yes that may mean the quality of his refereeing suffers, but nothing is ever going to be perfect anyway.

Put it this way, they could get by.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:13 pm

princes town wrote:Presumably, cash income will now have to be refunded to those with a yellow abandoned ticket.
Possibly not. If the result stands does it then not count as a match?

Anyway - Let's have a bit of understanding for the Warrington Town players. They couldn't have resumed with the first half without first doing their nails and fixing up their hair.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:48 am

Regarding the Frank Sinclair situation (basically what Reid has done) where he got away with it and the match had to be re-played...

Warrington have only went and followed him on twitter haven't they :lol:

Couldn't make it up :wave:
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 am

aside from the obvious issue. I went into the game slightly pessimistic about our chances this season, but I've come out full of optimism.

I'm it was only something like 32 mins, but the back 5 were very much untroubled.

The 3 in front of them were fantastic. Scott looked well up for it, but he is the muscle in there so will need to be. Portas & Mitchell never wasted the ball, both very confident in possession.

The front 3 (especially Armstrong) were a handful.

Thompson & Robinson to add to the squad, as well as Reed and (hopefully) we can get Marrs. That squad would not be far off completion.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:14 am

Was surprised at how many didn't have Armstrong in their starting XI given the goals he's scored at a higher level.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:59 am

D_F_C wrote:Reed and (hopefully) we can get Marrs. That squad would not be far off completion.
That would complete it for me. All I wanted was a RB and a CM. These two sound like real quality for these positions as well.

Add into that that we have upgraded Davis (for Portas) and Ward (for Hatch/Armstrong) then I am really happy.
princes town wrote:Presumably, cash income will now have to be refunded to those with a yellow abandoned ticket.
I don't think we would be obliged to, in which case I am not sure Warrington would be obliged to refund us accordingly. If the game is awarded to us then the game took place. It would be right to do something to recompense the crowd.

I would be tempted to say that those who have an abandoned ticket can get free entry into Ossett Albion at home on Wednesday October 15th. Season ticket holders on can get free entry into the first County Cup game. It is clearly not perfect but it is something - and I don't think it will financially impair us too much as I expect those games will be quite poorly attended anyway!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:00 am

I think one of the main reasons why they did not want to carry on was that there goalkeeper was crocked and did not have a sub keeper, did you see the strapping they put on his leg. Also the fact that they were 2-0 down and could easily have been 5 or 6 by the end so if we are awarded a 3-0 win then they will have got of lightly.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:41 am

Warrington's version of events seem very different to ours. They said that a replacement in the crowd couldn't be found and that the game WILL be replayed later in the season. What do they know that we don't?

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 am

lo36789 wrote:Warrington's version of events seem very different to ours. They said that a replacement in the crowd couldn't be found and that the game WILL be replayed later in the season. What do they know that we don't?
They don't know anything that we don't.Lets face it,their own website are not going to give them grief.Their head is firmly in the sand and they are blowing smoke out of their arse.They know this is far from over.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:16 am

Big Tim wrote:
The obvious answer is they were going to get absolutely pulverized and he's thought, best case scenario they get to start again, and even if in all likelyhood they end up forfeiting the game at the stage it was, a 2-0 loss is better than the 5, 6, 7 it was going to be. The guy is a thumb sucking bed wetting little bitch, and so are his players.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:40 am

The Warrington link below reads a load of rubbish.

After the full story has come out in The Echo I'm more annoyed today than I was yesterday!

One man, the manager of Witheron Town has called off a sporting event and caused inconvenience, disappointment and expense to a lot of people. It's unusual, most players and managers in football have a positive/get on with it attitude.

Shaun Reid obviously doesn't.

Like can you imagine David Hodgson weaselling his way out of a dodgy situation like this. He would have just got on with it.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:47 am

From Evostick League website, 1st division North review.

"Warrington could be charged by the NPL for failing to fulfil a fixture after failing to re-take the field against Darlington following an injury to a match official "

What do they know that Warrington don't.