Darlington FC V Warrington Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington FC V Warrington Town

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Gives us a chance to bag a few more then

lo36789

Re: Darlington FC V Warrington Town

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Ah now last season Galatasaray v Juventus was restarted from the point the match was abandoned.

This difference being that was weather related - but I suppose abandonment is abandonment. It was also rare circumstances that it was a European tie and played the day after so it was a sensible option.

Those suggesting that the Echo article knows what will happen. They can only be guessing. I doubt they have the inside track on an EvoStik management committee meeting which won't have even met at the point of the article being written to know. The reports have 48hours to reach the league from clubs as I understand it.

TDS

Post by TDS » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:49 pm

The stoppage will have been Laura contacting the league, discussing what next and then quizzing the volunteers.

People expecting Shaun Reid to be sacked is laughable, considering their board will agree with his decision as he's potentially saved them 3 points. There will be no fine of 5k either. That's also ridiculous.

Expect the match will be replayed, with no other consequences. That way anything else is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 pm

TDS wrote: Expect the match will be replayed, with no other consequences.
Unfortunately that's what I see happening, and if that's the case then I will lump this league into the same bracket as the one below!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 pm

What would be a deterrent to any other nutcase managers trying the same trick, would be for the league to deduct more than three points. That would make the Warrington board think "this Reid blokes stupid actions have cost us"
TDS wrote:People expecting Shaun Reid to be sacked is laughable,
Yes, it is.

lo36789 wrote:Those suggesting that the Echo article knows what will happen. They can only be guessing. I doubt they have the inside track on an EvoStik management committee meeting which won't have even met at the point of the article being written to know. The reports have 48hours to reach the league from clubs as I understand it.
Nobody knows what's going to happen - Ray (Simpson) thinks that Warrington could well be in for a serious punishment.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:30 pm

The league will deal with this in an effective manner, I am certain of that.

I expect there to be fireworks over this and for Warrington and their manager to be in serious hot water with the league.

I live in Warrington (a stones throw from Cantilever Park and I wouldn't set foot in that place) and surprisingly the local press have not made any real comment about it. The reason its surprising is that the local rag has no relationship with the club because of Reid and the way he behaves.

Warrington are a tinpot club run by people who care not where their funding comes from. Reid is a hateful character who lives off his brothers reputation. He also will not be sacked as part of the club is funded by his 'friends'.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Hmmmmmm interesting post.

It seems that their local press have just taken the story on face value. They've only reported what happened, not why.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:05 pm

loan_star wrote:If the result is allowed to stand then that means we have two players suspended for longer than they should have been. IMO they should be eligible pending the outcome of the inquiry into saturdays farce.
I thought the punishment was number of games not weeks.
Apologise if I am wrong
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm

RUMPLESTILTSKIN wrote:
loan_star wrote:If the result is allowed to stand then that means we have two players suspended for longer than they should have been. IMO they should be eligible pending the outcome of the inquiry into saturdays farce.
I thought the punishment was number of games not weeks.
Apologise if I am wrong
Banned for the first game of the season, but if the result stands and we don't play them tomorrow it means effectively they have had a 2 game ban

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 pm

spen666 wrote:I find it quite laughable that so many on here seem to think I am defending Warrington's actions. I am not. I have no idea why they refused to play.

The legality or otherwise of Warrington's actions is a matter for the NPL to decide. If they decide Warrington acted illegally then they will proceed to punish them with a fine, costs/comp and points deduction. The match will almost certainly be replayed. I am not aware of a situation where a result has been allowed to stand in a league game after only 30 or so minutes were played.
Jezza why do you turn up on here?

When on Twitter you stated in regards to Thompson now missing Tuesday "Gutted for them, sorry meant to say PMSL"

Let us know why you really come on here because another tweet you stated in regards to "Kyle Uncovered's finest! amazed they can manage a 2 syllable word"

So go for it Jezza, when you show such disdain towards the Darlo fans of uncovered why do you come on here, other than just to stir?

MCFC Darlo 2
Team Supported: Darlington & Man City

Post by MCFC Darlo 2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 pm

darlojay wrote:The league will deal with this in an effective manner, I am certain of that.

I expect there to be fireworks over this and for Warrington and their manager to be in serious hot water with the league.

I live in Warrington (a stones throw from Cantilever Park and I wouldn't set foot in that place) and surprisingly the local press have not made any real comment about it. The reason its surprising is that the local rag has no relationship with the club because of Reid and the way he behaves.

Warrington are a tinpot club run by people who care not where their funding comes from. Reid is a hateful character who lives off his brothers reputation. He also will not be sacked as part of the club is funded by his 'friends'.
At the game at their place Reid was a disgrace,his language in earshot of kids and women was awful.He got baited by some Darlo fans but his response was poor.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:42 am

LoidLucan wrote:Look, it will be mission accomplished for Reid. His sole intention was to get his side another crack of the whip by pulling a fast one and avoiding certain defeat in an important game.
Yup I agree, frustrating and most likley we will have a reply. If we simply think that way then anything else is a bonus. Dwelling on it won't help us.
lo36789 wrote:Ah now last season Galatasaray v Juventus was restarted from the point the match was abandoned.
In 2014 a La Liga game between Madrid and Sociedad, was abandoned on 88 mins due to a bomb scare. The score was 1-1. The game was replayed about 3 weeks later and resumed as the game was left. Zidane scored an injury time penalty to win it 2-1 for Madrid in a game that lasted 6 mins.

I remember it as I was their for the original game with a group of friends, and in the confusion of exiting the ground we had to leave via the pitch, so we took the opportunity to take a few shots on goal and its the day I scored at the Bernabeu.

Not very related to Darlo, but a story I like to tell people any hows :-)

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:31 am

Aimed at Kev...any chance we can see the goals please. Everyone i've spoken to said the free kick was a bit special.

Cheers

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:03 pm

I expect Shaun Reid (and Warrington) to be punished heavily. However, in terms of what happens next - it annoys me massively that we're going to be penalised too through no fault of our own.

e.g. Our players are still suspended for tonight through no fault of ours, the likelihood is that the match will need to be replayed and our 2-0 lead will be wiped out.

The fairest result would be to award us a 3-0 win and fine Warrington / Shaun Reid heavily. However given that's not going to happen immediately - it still leaves our players suspended so couldn't they be 'reprieved' pending an outcome?

Obviously this is a moot point because it's too late now.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Yep - it is particularly annoying, and unfair, that we are deprived of our best player because of the actions of Shaun Reid. I'm disappointed that we haven't heard anything formal from the league yet. However, it's not their fault, as "Darlington officials have submitted their report about Saturday’s abandoned game, but the league hasn’t yet received all the reports from the parties concerned." I wonder who that might be...

http://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.c ... n/11418038._/

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:40 pm

I assume you meant 2004, good story though. I don't think Zidane notched for Madrid last season?

It shows that it isn't unheard of for a league game to be restarted from the point of 'abandonment'. I still uphold that this was a forfeit not an abandonment though.

The suspensions annoys me more than anything. Suppose we know Thommo will be raring to go to rip West to pieces.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:09 am

lo36789 wrote:I assume you meant 2004, good story though. I don't think Zidane notched for Madrid last season?

It shows that it isn't unheard of for a league game to be restarted from the point of 'abandonment'. I still uphold that this was a forfeit not an abandonment though.

The suspensions annoys me more than anything. Suppose we know Thommo will be raring to go to rip West to pieces.
Although I think Zidane probably still has it and could have netted last season, yup your correct I mean't 2014 :-)

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:35 pm

So.......(and apologies if this has been asked elsewhere)....its now Wednesday....when do we get to hear whats going to happen to warrington? I sincerely hope the authorities aren't going to let this drift and ultimately do rock all in 3 months time in the hope people will have forgotten or have lost the will to live.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:So.......(and apologies if this has been asked elsewhere)....its now Wednesday....when do we get to hear whats going to happen to warrington? I sincerely hope the authorities aren't going to let this drift and ultimately do rock all in 3 months time in the hope people will have forgotten or have lost the will to live.
I think that would set an ugly precedent if it were to happen.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 am

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/spo ... l/11424156._/?

Key points from this article...
“Two guys came down, one was the club doctor’s son, both were wearing Darlington tops and could not provide referee accreditation.
Yes, because I'm sure fans bring down proof they can referee a match when attending a game. Also weren't there 3 volunteers?
“Nobody knew the rules about two officials and because it took that long we had players cramping up,” added Macormac.
The Warrington players wouldn't have cramped up if they had remained professional and continued to warm-up, like we did. Not retreat to their dressing room refusing to come out! They had no intention of restarting the game whatsoever.
“We have sent our statement of events to the league, Darlington have sent theirs and there is the official’s report so we are awaiting a response, but the league said it should be a swift reply,” said Town chairman Toby Macormac.
I hope the league throw the book at them.
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:36 am

What badges were they expecting like? I am not believing this didn't know the rules. For a start to can see Terry Farley MBE (for services to refereeing) on the photos, he will have known them!

If they had any form of ID on them they could have found their name in the contrib handbook (club and other officials have them)?

As for the independence, fair enough. If they don't feel comfortable trust me the referee feels worse. They don't want to be in a situation where they can be accused of impartiality. I was accidentally appointed to a Darlington game and rang up immediately to be removed.

We will see what happens I suppose. I don't know what to expect from it.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:17 am

my expectations are that nothing will happen other than a replay. at best perhaps a pittling fine to warrington which won't impact them in any way.

my expectation by the way is not based on any petulance unfairness towards darlo - but purely on the unprofessional way these leagues appear to be run.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:25 am

Gut feeling says the match will have to be re-played, Warrington will get a 3 points deduction, fined and have to financially compensate us.

I feel as though this would be unfair, as it should be seen as a forfeit.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:47 am

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... _the_line/

This was from last night between bishop and shildon.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:58 am

You just can't see how Warrington have a leg to stand on for so many reasons.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Gut feeling says the match will have to be re-played, Warrington will get a 3 points deduction, fined and have to financially compensate us.

Of course, if we spank them in the rearranged fixture then justice will have been served.

However, the way these things usually play out, we'll lose the game and a couple of key players will get injured/suspended.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Gut feeling says the match will have to be re-played, Warrington will get a 3 points deduction, fined and have to financially compensate us.

Of course, if we spank them in the rearranged fixture then justice will have been served.

However, the way these things usually play out, we'll lose the game and a couple of key players will get injured/suspended.
This is Darlo, so that's usually how things work out.

Hopefully, however, we can give them a points return of -3 from facing us this season.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:49 pm

divas wrote:You just can't see how Warrington have a leg to stand on for so many reasons.
Agreed, so many of their actions are questionable.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:27 pm

It's Thursday now still no news?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:58 pm

lo36789 wrote:I was accidentally appointed to a Darlington game and rang up immediately to be removed.
You daft cunt! Nobody would have known!

We would have deserved the 12-0 win.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017