Nathan Fisher

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JPearson97
Team Supported: Darlington

Nathan Fisher

Post by JPearson97 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Transfer listed. Thoughts?

poppyfield

Re: Nathan Fisher

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Where has this come from?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Twitter...@offical darlo

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Shame it's not worked out but from the little I've seen he's not been in the same ballpark as some of our other lads. Strange as he looked decent in the Conference for Gateshead.

I doubt he's on a pittance so it should free up a decent chunk of budget to strengthen.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:16 pm

not really suprised, really wanted it to work out for Fish but when we are on a budget we can't keep 5 strikers in the squad

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:16 pm

divas wrote:Shame it's not worked out but from the little I've seen he's not been in the same ballpark as some of our other lads. Strange as he looked decent in the Conference for Gateshead.

I doubt he's on a pittance so it should free up a decent chunk of budget to strengthen.
If someone is willing to pay our asking fee...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:17 pm

No surprise but a shame though.

Just didn't seem to have that bit of luck or spark, maybe dropping out of professional football has affected him.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Very disappointing news. I know we haven't seen the best of him he clearly is a talented player and offers something different to our other players. I was hoping he was going to be given a good chance again this season.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:28 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
divas wrote:Shame it's not worked out but from the little I've seen he's not been in the same ballpark as some of our other lads. Strange as he looked decent in the Conference for Gateshead.

Plenty of minted clubs in the NL, sure we won't have a problem. Doubt we'd ask for that much that it would prohibit a deal otherwise what's the point?!

Leaves Dowson as the only mobile forward now though, unless Thommo is employed there if/when needed.

Can't say I'd be too excited if we had to play two of Hatch, Armstrong and Purewal together.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Shame it's come to this; come with a lot of promise. Just, didn't work out for him unfortunately.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 pm

I keep wanting this to work. The clips from his time at Gateshead he looked really good. I still believe he could have done something anyone seen anything from Fisher's side? Is it all one way or does he want more football?

Also when did we start announcing stuff like this via twitter? Seems a little unprofessional (realise we are not but still...).

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:51 pm

divas wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Plenty of minted clubs in the NL, sure we won't have a problem. Doubt we'd ask for that much that it would prohibit a deal otherwise what's the point?!

Leaves Dowson as the only mobile forward now though, unless Thommo is employed there if/when needed.

Can't say I'd be too excited if we had to play two of Hatch, Armstrong and Purewal together.
Can't say I agree with you that Purewal isn't mobile.

Purewal's taller than the likes of Dowson and Fisher, but he's by no means a target man.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 pm

lo36789 wrote: Also when did we start announcing stuff like this via twitter? Seems a little unprofessional (realise we are not but still...).
Why is it unprofessional?

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
divas wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Purewal's taller than the likes of Dowson and Fisher, but he's by no means a target man.
When we paired Purewal with Ward last season we just resorted to hoofing.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:56 pm

divas wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
divas wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

When we paired Purewal with Ward last season we just resorted to hoofing.
That doesn't mean Purewal isn't mobile. It just means the team resorted to lazy tactics.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Would have love it to have worked out. Darlo lad, Darlo fan, all the rumours before he signed... It was all set up to work a treat but unfortunately on the pitch it just hasn't worked out, despite having quite a number of opportunities.

I am wholly supportive of sticking to the playing budget regardless, if that means we have to free up a wage to sign a promising new full back then that seems like the right call to me.

Good luck Nathan.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Real shame, was it's his request or MG's call?, thought it may have been a good season for him coming up.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:19 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote: Also when did we start announcing stuff like this via twitter? Seems a little unprofessional (realise we are not but still...).
Social media to announce a player is transfer listed!? Well mainly because it is a public forum. Usually you would target at the relevant audience not make a public statement! What happened to private calls to other teams to plug a player etc.

I have never heard of a pro club transfer listing a player on twitter that is all. It may be the way things are going and official man U will have 'Fellaini £10m o.n.o" on there tomorrow.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:25 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Social media to announce a player is transfer listed!? Well mainly because it is a public forum. Usually you would target at the relevant audience not make a public statement! What happened to private calls to other teams to plug a player etc.

I have never heard of a pro club transfer listing a player on twitter that is all. It may be the way things are going and official man U will have 'Fellaini £10m o.n.o" on there tomorrow.
It wasn't announced on social media.

There was a post put on our website, as per usual for any club at this level.

This post was then promoted via social media, to let potential clubs know. The Twitter in this form can be viewed as just an extension of the website.

Players at this level don't have agents to tout them around, nor is it Martin Gray or the club's responsibility to ring around on the off chance someone might want a player.

At this level, it's not uncommon for clubs to post on forums to let clubs know players are available.

And in case you weren't aware, we're not a "pro club" like Man Utd. We're part-time, with players who have other jobs.

I do find your "Type before you think" way of doing things rather entertaining.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:28 pm

No I did say I realise we are not professional. But at the same time we have managed to sell players before without a twitter post/official website.

This is the first time I remember us doing it. We must have sold over 30 players in the last 2 seasons without doing it on social media (pushing an official website announcement or not).

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:37 pm

lo36789 wrote:No I did say I realise we are not professional. But at the same time we have managed to sell players before without a twitter post/official website.

This is the first time I remember us doing it. We must have sold over 30 players in the last 2 seasons without doing it on social media (pushing an official website announcement or not).
So because we haven't done it before, means we shouldn't do it now seems to be what you're saying.

As I said, there is nothing wrong or unprofessional with promoting a player available for transfer on our website, and then using social media to publicise this.

Heck, some fans have been complaining the club should improve their communication (see earlier threads). And now when a player is available, you're complaining that we're communicating this? The club can't win.

Other clubs do it all the time, on Twitter, on forums etc. Why not us?

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Not surprised to be honest, good player, but he wasn't working for us, compared to the other strikers anyway.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Two ridiculous statements in this thread.

1) Purewal isn't mobile because he's tall and so our players hoofed it up to him.
2) It's unprofessional to announce official news on our official twitter - the media by which we can instantly get news out to fans, other clubs, the print and online media etc all in one place.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Everything seems to happen via Twitter now.

Putin will probably announce the beginning of WW3 on it.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:51 pm

On reflection mobile wasn't the best choice of word... However I stand by the fact we're a bit one dimensional up front if Dowson is missing.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:54 am

I wonder where we're gonna get 500 goals a season from now??
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:26 am

Darlogramps wrote:So because we haven't done it before, means we shouldn't do it now seems to be what you're saying.

As I said, there is nothing wrong or unprofessional with promoting a player available for transfer on our website, and then using social media to publicise this.

Heck, some fans have been complaining the club should improve their communication (see earlier threads). And now when a player is available, you're complaining that we're communicating this? The club can't win.

Other clubs do it all the time, on Twitter, on forums etc. Why not us?
Erm no. Did I say that we shouldn't do new things. What I was saying is I havn't seen us do it before in response to you saying this is how it is done at this level. I was merely pointing out that we havn't needed to in 2 seasons yet have managed to sell players.

As for your point about comms. I don't think anybody has been asking for footballing comms. All the comms people want is about the success of the business, I would hazard (if I could remember correctly) that the survey responses will demonstrate people aren't wanting to know the ins and outs of team affairs. Results on the pitch show that. They want to know more about move back to darlo, debt and general governance elements - they probably can't get it right because someone will always whinge but this isn't a 'good comms'.

I might be alone in thinking this. If I was Fisher I wouldn't want it to be completely public knowledge that I have been listed for transfer. I thought there would be more direct routes to sell a player which would save this - particularly if we struggle to find a buyer - doesn't leave him in a great position.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 am

Good luck to "The Fish"
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 am

Oh and for what it is worth. I think he might end up at someone like Whitby.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:54 am

lo36789 wrote:No I did say I realise we are not professional. But at the same time we have managed to sell players before without a twitter post/official website.

For the record we have done it before, Craig Gott being an example. I see nothing wrong with Gray contacting Ray Simpson, or Kevin Luff, to put the details on Twitter because coincidentally they are followed by a mass of players, directors, chairmen and clubs from the Northern League.

It's an effective technique at this level, we're not the only club to use social media for this sort of thing and we won't be the last.