Bishop Auckland tonight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

CrazyDarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Bishop Auckland tonight

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Is there any commentary tonight

divas

Re: Bishop Auckland tonight

Post by divas » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Pretty full strength team tonight with players in their more familiar positions:

Bell; Trialist, Brown, Hunter, Galbraith; Portas, J.Armstrong, Mitchell; Thompson, Hatch, Fisher

Subs: Jameson, White, Robinson, Scott, Purewal, Dowson

Bishop 1-0 up thru Danny Brunskill
Galbraith equalises for Darlo 1-1

From twitter (DarloTrust)

divas

Post by divas » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:58 pm

2-1 Amar

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:58 pm

2-1 amar

divas

Post by divas » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:18 pm

2-1 FT

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:19 pm

any idea on attendance

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Just a few hundred I would imagine.

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Quite impressed with the guy who played right back. Anyone knows who he is. Getting a bit sick of the long ball game we have got into the habit of playing. When we actually played through the midfield we scored. Impressed with Portas think he is an excellent signing. Tomo not at the races again think he has had a poor pre season in the games i have seen. Hope he can pick himself up for the spendymoor game.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Just got back, 1st half we were not at our best, transformation in the 2nd with introduction of Dowson Purewal and Scott, young lad at RB had a good game David Mitchell, (assume its Adams brother) put the best cross in the in late on in the 2nd half.
Not convinced about James Armstrong seen him a couple of times now. Jordan Robinson still looks well off the pace at the moment.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 pm

What I took from tonight.

Hatch and Fisher didn't work, the two players didn't like up at all. I wan Fisher to do well but it just isn't happening for him.

Brown and Hunter were a bit nervous at the back together, White and Brown were better in the second half. No big thing on any of them but opening day I would go White and Hunter or White and Brown at CB.

The right back was excellent, if we are not trying to sign him right now then we will miss out.

Armstrong was ok but didn't stand out, maybe needs time but if playing a 3 in midfield with Portas and Mitchell we need Scott or Robinson in there.

Amar and Dowson were good when they came on without being outstanding but certainly a step up from Hatch and Fisher, they worked harder and looked more of a danger.

If 4-3-3 then opening day I would go with.

Bell
Trialist, White, Hunter, Galbraith
Mitchell, Scott, Portas
Dowson, G Armstrong, Purewal

Subs
Hatch, Fisher, Jameson, Walker, Brown.

4-4-2
Bell
Trialist, White, Hunter, Scott
Mitchell, Portas, Galbraith, Purewal
Dowson, G Armstrong

Subs
Hatch, Fisher, Jameson, Walker, Brown.

Bogratsteve

Bishop Auckland tonight

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Enjoyed the game, points of note for me.

The Mitchell brothers were excellent and on that showing we have a new RB.

Good to see Skip back in CB, good game.

Portas for me is the missing link we never had last season, never stopped running, tackled well and played sone good balls, a must player for me.

Thought the Hatch/Fish partnership worked sort off but were unlucky, however Dowson/Purewal was very good so what do you do!!

Thommo apart from a couple of moments was a non entity and is already on holiday.

Jury is out on who to start in goal, both great keepers but Jamesons kicking game is much better.

Overall I'm still not sure on the team but happier now I've seen the match about our expectations.

Armstrong is not up to it I'm afraid, don't expect to see him again

Last point, great to see Scott back and he's not match yet but made a difference when he was on.
Last edited by Bogratsteve on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:20 pm

poppyfield wrote:Just got back, 1st half we were not at our best, transformation in the 2nd with introduction of Dowson Purewal and Scott, young lad at RB had a good game David Mitchell, (assume its Adams brother) put the best cross in the in late on in the 2nd half.
Not convinced about James Armstrong seen him a couple of times now. Jordan Robinson still looks well off the pace at the moment.

The RB, I am lead to believe, was Liam Marrs.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
poppyfield wrote:Just got back, 1st half we were not at our best, transformation in the 2nd with introduction of Dowson Purewal and Scott, young lad at RB had a good game David Mitchell, (assume its Adams brother) put the best cross in the in late on in the 2nd half.

Oh I'm sure they said it was Mitchell, anyhow he was excellent

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Looking at his profile pic on Sunderland website then you are right.

Excellent player and Gray should be looking to offer him something straight away from what I seen.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

Oh I'm sure they said it was Mitchell, anyhow he was excellent

They did indeed say he was Mitchell, but they were incorrect.

And he was very good, so would be a decent signing whatever he decides to call himself.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 pm

I'd imagine they were intentionally incorrect. Most probably reporting the name they had been given by Gray in order to keep the player's identity under wraps....the use that it was.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Quick write up from tonight

http://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... arlington/

Good to get a win on the board, felt we were a lot better in the second half

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:51 pm

First-half I actually thought we played quite good. We pressed well, retained possession with some nice passes and were unlucky not to have scored at least one more. Bishop's goal came from a set-piece which is something we need to work on.

Bell didn't have that much to do, pulled off one good save before half-time but nothing else of note. With the trialist it seems we have a really good player so hopefully Gray can sort something out. Brown and Hunter were okay, a little shaky but nothing to worry about. Truth be told the second-half performance from Brown was like a throwback to the NL season, very, very solid and composed. Much better seeing him at centre-back.

Portas and Mitchell were both excellent throughout the game. Portas seems to be the complete midfielder we were desperately missing last season and Mitchell was technically a cut above. Not convinced on James Armstrong based on his first-half performance and I thought Scott offered a bit more when he came on in the second-half. I'd still like to see another midfielder brought in, someone who kicks everything that moves, a bit like Ellison who we had in the NL.

Thompson was well off the pace but it was good to see that we still created a fair few chances. Fisher hit the post with the best chance of the first-half and Mitchell also came close. Hatch won a lot in the air as you'd expect but struggled to link up with Fisher who, as mentioned, perhaps should have scored. Dowson looked sharp, very unlucky not to score and was a constant menace all of the second-half. Purewal as well linked up well with the midfield and he took his goal well.

Not sure where the long-ball comment has come from. We passed it sharply for the majority and looked to get players on the ball. Any 'long-balls' were just working the channels or centre-backs looking to force the issue. Much, much better tonight and Gray got the selection spot on.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:32 pm

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:50 am

MG mentioned that he might arrange another preseason game if he thought it necessary, i think we do, MG should now be clear on what his starting line up for Warrington will be, the only partnership that has not been tried up front is Armstrong&Dowson. Scott needs more game time (last night he did well but a bit rusty as you would expect)
IMO players like to play so i dont think 2 weeks off before the seson starts is a good thing, keep them sharp.
On last nights showing my starting line up would be,

Bell
Marrs Brown Hunter Galbraith
Mitchell Potas Scott
Dowson Armstrong Purewal

subs Fisher Hatch White Jameson
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:12 am

So would you start an untried partnership upfront?

Essentially the team you have will most likely start but I would also like to see another friendly with Dowson playing the full 90 mins and trying both hatch & Armstrong with him over the 2 halves.

You may see Walker at LB and Galbraith in CM with Scott taking a few more weeks to get up to match fitness

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:25 am

G Armstrong and Dowson played 45 mins against Benfield first pre-season game and you could see the two would link up well. Just needs developing.

Possibly a bit late to develop a partnership for first game of the season though but who knows. I also thought Hatch was quite good last night but just him and Fisher couldn't link up enough.

1st game, 3 forwards - Purewal, Dowson, Hatch/Armstrong
1st game, 2 forwards - Dowson Hatch/Armstrong (Amar on the wing)

Didn't even click last night but anyone know where Hopson was.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:32 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:G Armstrong and Dowson played 45 mins against Benfield first pre-season game and you could see the two would link up well. Just needs developing.

Possibly a bit late to develop a partnership for first game of the season though but who knows. I also thought Hatch was quite good last night but just him and Fisher couldn't link up enough.

1st game, 3 forwards - Purewal, Dowson, Hatch/Armstrong
1st game, 2 forwards - Dowson Hatch/Armstrong (Amar on the wing)

Didn't even click last night but anyone know where Hopson was.
Missed that game and obviously that partnership, :oops: i still stick with what i said :)

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:32 am

Holidays I understand

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:38 am

poppyfield wrote: Missed that game and obviously that partnership, :oops: i still stick with what i said :)
Haha, it was only 45 mins so not too much to go off but the two of them linked up well on a few occasions. Something there but the two have missed each other with holidays, which is a shame.

I agree with the fact we probably need a game on Saturday but most leagues have started. Weldon was also again sat on the bench with the lads, it does seem something there for him once fit.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:44 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
poppyfield wrote: Missed that game and obviously that partnership, :oops: i still stick with what i said :)
Haha, it was only 45 mins so not too much to go off but the two of them linked up well on a few occasions. Something there but the two have missed each other with holidays, which is a shame.

I agree with the fact we probably need a game on Saturday but most leagues have started. Weldon was also again sat on the bench with the lads, it does seem something there for him once fit.
Agreed, he has 3 months before he starts playing/training tho

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 am

Half decent game against opposition that wanted it but were outplayed.

Portas and Mitchell are definite starts, real quality about both. Hatch could be pleased with his up front contribution. Suspect there will be few defenders relishing him opposing them.

Biggest negative, as others have said, Thommo seems a shadow of the player a year ago, seems also to have a temperament issue. Just wonder if he feels disappointed that things have not worked out the way he wanted.

To me the jury is no longer out on Fisher, perseverance is one thing obstinacy another. He is not good enough.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:05 am

Thommo is off on holiday. I don't think you can judge him as not being the player he was a year ago based on pre season. In fact his best performances last season were only about 4months ago!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:16 am

I'd start the first game with Purewal and Dowson up top. Although I've not seen any of pre-season, as we've chopped and changed so much I think it is logical to start the season with a pairing that know each other inside out and we know can perform together as a pair. Especially as we're missing Thompson.

The last thing we want is to try a 'new' pairing and find they don't click straight away, especially with our main creative force unavailable. Dowson and Purewal may not end up our best pairing throughout the season, but I'd start with with them to get things off to a solid start.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 am

I'm not the biggest fan of Purewal of late, to many chances missed but last night he was much more confident and winning the headers and his distribution was much better than of late, before last night I would not have started with him but now i'm relaxed about it.