Spenny Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Till I Die
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Away

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Sidarlo wrote:Well this seems a bit of a mess, glad the details are out and i will be going, but expect a lot of unhappy Darlo fans
Which will unfortunately probably result in trouble at the match
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Sidarlo wrote:Well this seems a bit of a mess, glad the details are out and i will be going, but expect a lot of unhappy Darlo fans
Agree, can see quite a few not bothering, its always a shame when common sence has to take a back seat. I can only assume we wanted an admin fee for selling there tickets.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Bit silly really. Nice to see the fans being put first for change rather than making a few quid.

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:15 pm

quakerste wrote:Bit silly really. Nice to see the fans being put first for change rather than making a few quid.
Seriously? You can make a statement like that when you have no idea to the reasons behind the decision?!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:31 pm

charlie wrote:
quakerste wrote:Bit silly really. Nice to see the fans being put first for change rather than making a few quid.
Seriously? You can make a statement like that when you have no idea to the reasons behind the decision?!
I would assume he is talking in general about both clubs not being able to get to a point where it is easy for the fans to get tickets.

Either way it has become more difficult for Darlo fans, whoever is to blame no one can say at the moment. Probably both clubs really.

Strange thing is, it has no chance of selling out as the interest this year is just not the same for a number of reasons. Although I can see why Spenny are playing it on the safe side.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Im glad it's been segregated anyway, just a lot less chance of trouble for either club

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Is it pay on the day then?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:38 pm

AndyPark wrote:Is it pay on the day then?
Nope, either go to Spenny in advance or buy online with an admin fee of £1 per ticket as opposed to a charge per postage.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Blimey, I shall have to get someone to pick em up for me.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:09 pm

charlie wrote:
Why not just tell us what the reason is instead of putting some half arsed guessology out.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Twintowers wrote:
charlie wrote:
Why not just tell us what the reason is instead of putting some half arsed guessology out.
We are only fans we don't deserve to know.lol.(Tongue in cheek comment)

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 pm

charlie wrote:
Exactly, frustration is aimed at both parties because we haven't been told what the issue is. Why we can't be told is the issue, this is not a playing budget or something that could stifle a commercial deal so what was the problem?!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:45 pm

I don't care who is to blame for this.

At the end of the day both clubs lose out. Spennymoor will possibly lose income due to some of our fans being unable to get down and get tickets and we make few friends if it is down to us wanting an admin charge for selling the tickets.

If we are being awkward due to admin charges all we are doing is pissing off our own supporters, then we harp on about dwindling attendances. People may think it is only an away game and it won't affect us but in the long run it will because it disillusions genuine supporters.

It is all about putting across the right image and putting the supporters first rather than a few extra quid. This is why football is killing itself

divas

Post by divas » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 pm

The issue is we won't sell tickets for free and want an admin fee from Spenny for our volunteers time to sell tickets that they take all of the proceeds from

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:30 pm

divas wrote:The issue is we won't sell tickets for free and want an admin fee from Spenny for our volunteers time to sell tickets that they take all of the proceeds from
Maybe Spenny dont want to wait to get paid this time? Allegedly. :?:

Like has been said, its your fans that will lose out more than anyone else.
Unbelievable Jeff!!

divas

Post by divas » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:35 pm

northernlad73 wrote:
divas wrote:The issue is we won't sell tickets for free and want an admin fee from Spenny for our volunteers time to sell tickets that they take all of the proceeds from
Maybe Spenny dont want to wait to get paid this time?

Like has been said, its your fans that will lose out more than anyone else.
Not really, if anyone really wants to go they'll get one, it's not overly difficult. Not sure the casual fan would be bothered anyway this early in the season and whether they had to go to BM or Spenny for a ticket I can't see them being arsed.

I guess Spenny don't need the gate cash anyway with all that lucrative sponsorship

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:52 pm

I can still see about 1500+ there altogether. Looking forward to it.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:43 am

I hope the issue is more around the quantity of tickets to send/keep.

Assuming the segregation(barriers) can be moved relatively easy maybe there was disagreement over how many would be sent/kept by Spennymoor.

If it is down to the cost I will be dissapointed - can't see it being the case either as it would also be incredibly short sighted. If you can get punters through the door to get a Spenny match ticket they could pick up other merchandise in the club shop.

Spennymoor could of course make the whole thing more easy. Have tickets sold on line and over the phone and get them picked up at the ground. Would one of our volunteers perhaps be happy to distribute Darlo tickets outside the Darlo end? That would resolve all issues. I suppose said volunteer wouldn't even have to go through our club they could offer their services direct to Spennymoor - this is our club after all!

They would have to get there an hour early on the night and if they put a deadline of 5 mins before KO to pick your ticket up. Then you are good. It would obviously cause problem for those considerate people who left volunteers stood outside on playoff semi day, because they couldn't be bothered to turn up on time/or at all in some cases (didn't leave a message just left people stood outside waiting for them).

All tickets not picked up by 5 mins to KO will be in the Spennymoor office.

Too simple?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:55 am

This sort of thing really gets on my "Tits" i was looking forward to this match but now i just cant be bothered with the chew
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

SFG

Post by SFG » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:58 am

I would have thought that a batch of tickets could have been sold at the Warrington game.

Worth someone from Spennymoor coming through for an hour if there si some sort of admin impasse?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:02 am

It's hardly a big deal is it? It costs a quid extra to buy online! In my opinion that's worth it to save time in getting to the club shop.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:11 am

What ever way we look at it, it will be made into a big deal by those who want it to.

They will be a reason behind it and it is a shame it could not have been sorted, however for the sake of paying £1......

I will be buying mine online, as the choice between not going or paying one pound more to see my team play in our biggest derby game of the season isn't really a choice.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:58 am

Sidarlo wrote:What ever way we look at it, it will be made into a big deal by those who want it to.

They will be a reason behind it and it is a shame it could not have been sorted, however for the sake of paying £1......

I will be buying mine online, as the choice between not going or paying one pound more to see my team play in our biggest derby game of the season isn't really a choice.

Yep, mountains out if molehills.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Sidarlo wrote:What ever way we look at it, it will be made into a big deal by those who want it to.

agree with everything except it being our biggest derby. I am hoping that when Spennymoor visit Blackwell Meadows it will be a bigger game with much more riding on it! (I am hoping for a foul Wednesday in November that means a postponement to the end of the season!)

oldskool han69

Post by oldskool han69 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Just been for mine one or two darlo fans getting them this afternoon