Car parking at Blackwell meadows ??

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Craig09
Team Supported: Darlington

Car parking at Blackwell meadows ??

Post by Craig09 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Will we be charged to park our cars at blackwell if so will the money go to the club or do darlo council have their spoke in as the same as the arena.....
Which stopped alot of fans going/parking on principle....
Also before it happens has anyone considered that the council could put double yellow lines all the way down to blands corner as the road is wide enough to mark out free car parking

Robbie Painter

Re: Car parking at Blackwell meadows ??

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Craig09 wrote:Will we be charged to park our cars at blackwell if so will the money go to the club or do darlo council have their spoke in as the same as the arena.....
Which stopped alot of fans going/parking on principle....
Also before it happens has anyone considered that the council could put double yellow lines all the way down to blands corner as the road is wide enough to mark out free car parking
From what I understand no money ever went to the council. I also doubt very much the belief that parking money went to the council stopped "a lot" of fans going to the Arena.

I vaguely recall that a new car park is needed (at cost to rugby club/DFC) and there will be no street parking (whether thats double yellows or a matchday restriction I'm not sure).

I expect there will be an onsite car parking charge.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 pm

We'd be stupid not to charge for parking

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:29 pm

divas wrote:We'd be stupid not to charge for parking
Absolutely.4 or 5 hundred cars at 3 quid a pop is a good earner,and you can bet your bollocks there will,quite rightly,be no parking on one of the main roads into town.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 pm

The council used to get either £3 or £4 out of the 5 we were charging also same as when we had the carboot sales on they creamed a % off the club with that too and that was from a retired council worker, but like mentioned above i think we should charge to park least it will be extra income for the club

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:56 pm

At the end of the day it's about being resourceful. If we have demand for a bus to run from town to the entrance and back, could be another money spinner? Most people can make it into town. I suspect the walk will be easier to stomach than the arena was too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Craig09 wrote:The council used to get either £3 or £4 out of the 5 we were charging also same as when we had the carboot sales on they creamed a % off the club with that too and that was from a retired council worker, but like mentioned above i think we should charge to park least it will be extra income for the club
The council got zero from parking on a match day, they did take a fee for the boot sale but that's because they won the tender.

Andrew Wilkinson

Post by Andrew Wilkinson » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:42 pm

That is correct. I remember asking the question and being told that none of the parking money at the Arena went to the council.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:31 am

I think that parking could be a bit of a nightmare at Blackwell Meadows. That is if there is no improvement in the access to Grange Road after the match. You only need 4 or 5 cars wanting to turn towards Darlo and that would create a bottleneck on the exit slip road.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:36 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think that parking could be a bit of a nightmare at Blackwell Meadows. That is if there is no improvement in the access to Grange Road after the match. You only need 4 or 5 cars wanting to turn towards Darlo and that would create a bottleneck on the exit slip road.
Easily sorted. Ban the right-turn after matches and send traffic to Blands Corner roundabout, similar to the arrangement at the Arena.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:32 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I think that parking could be a bit of a nightmare at Blackwell Meadows. That is if there is no improvement in the access to Grange Road after the match. You only need 4 or 5 cars wanting to turn towards Darlo and that would create a bottleneck on the exit slip road.
Easily sorted. Ban the right-turn after matches and send traffic to Blands Corner roundabout, similar to the arrangement at the Arena.
Exactly