game v Sunderland VERY IMPORTANT NEWS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

charlie

Re: game v Sunderland VERY IMPORTANT NEWS

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:35 am

We've had evening opening , all day Saturday opening and Sunday opening, we've tried to make it as easy as possible , I work in care so know all about strange working hours

It's also free parking at Blackwell Meadows.

The club have moved the shop from town centre for financial reasons, we are where we are and if folk want tickets they know where to come. I'm not being argumentative but folk need to remember it's a bunch of volunteers selling the tickets and plenty have made the effort and come and got their ticket. We've had extended opening on weekends and evening where the volunteers have put extra time in to enable folk to get tix who would otherwise be at work

Tickets are still available , selling really fast, were open till 3pm today, 10-1 tomorrow and last chance if there are any left is Saturday 9-11 am

dickdarlington
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Well said Charlie.

Also, it's only easier to get to in the town centre if you work there. For everyone else (the majority in this town), it's actually easier to get to Blackwell and park for free. Especially with the roadworks going on.

Come on people. NO EXCUSES. Get your bums down to the ground, buy your ticket, and support the cause.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Charlie , just ignore some of these idiots who come on here moaning about trivial things, you guys are doing an amazing job, very well done and greatly appreciated.

I have just been down for my ticket, sales seem to have gone well with only a smallish stack left and apparently more Sunderland fans are coming down to purchase some more. Reckon the gate could be 1800 at least, great money spinner for the club, keep up the good work.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

I know tickets aren't available for sale on Saturday morning, but is the club shop going to be open?

Also, if the Sunderland allocation is sold out, is there any worth in putting a message on their forum saying that they can still buy from Blackwell?

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:34 pm

We're open Saturday morning, if tickets are left they'll be available till 11am and that's it. If you would like to spread the word, go ahead x

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Cheers Charlie.

Do we know how many are left? Are we talking hundreds? Or dozens?

Also, I'd like to reitterate Quakerman2's comments. Most of us appreciate the hard work all of the volunteers put in. Thanks

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Cheers Charlie.

Do we know how many are left? Are we talking hundreds? Or dozens?

Also, I'd like to reitterate Quakerman2's comments. Most of us appreciate the hard work all of the volunteers put in. Thanks

It's not my place to release numbers, that's down to the board to make an announcement, but I wouldn't hang around if I didn't have a ticket

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:28 pm

I've just bought a couple but Sunderland have sold out their allocation so I suspect some of themn will be accessing the darlington outlet.

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Andrew has been a star keeping the shop open longer

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Everyone appreciates the efforts of volunteers, and everyone understands the situation with the shop and why it's moved.

However, it is not unfair to say more people would have visited the town centre shop, because it's easier to get to. I don't drive, so I have to get the bus to the town centre, then another to BM.

I did this earlier in the week and I'm happy to do it. But moving the store out of the town centre does make it more difficult for people in a similar situation to me. That's the point I was making.

I'm not suggesting moving the store back, nor am I knocking the efforts of the sainted volunteers.

I do wish certain people would stop taking every comment as a criticism. It borders on paranoia at times.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Everyone appreciates the efforts of volunteers, and everyone understands the situation with the shop and why it's moved.

However, it is not unfair to say more people would have visited the town centre shop, because it's easier to get to. I don't drive, so I have to get the bus to the town centre, then another to BM.

I did this earlier in the week and I'm happy to do it. But moving the store out of the town centre does make it more difficult for people in a similar situation to me. That's the point I was making.

I'm not suggesting moving the store back, nor am I knocking the efforts of the sainted volunteers.

I do wish certain people would stop taking every comment as a criticism. It borders on paranoia at times.
Never said the volunteers were sainted, however as much as it was great having a town centre location the numbers didn't add up. I miss being in the town centre and being a non driver myself it's two buses to get there to open up myself when coming from work.
So wether we would of sold more or not it's a moot point. The shop is situated at Blackwell Meadows and it's up to us to get behind it and make it work.

The staff at Blackwell Meadows have been fantastic with the volunteers at the shop, very friendly and accommodating.

As for selling more tickets we may of sold them quicker but folk are finding their way to the club shop and they are selling

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Seems the rumours about Real Betis coming to the 'Wembley of the North' were true....Sunderland v Real Betis @ Heritage Park Aug 7th.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 pm

I got number 1850 today if that means anything

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:I got number 1850 today if that means anything

Nope x

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Lol

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 am

i was referring to ticket sales outlet ,not total sales merchandise ,i should have made it clear,i want our club to succeed and positive we will be .

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:15 am

If we have different sales outlets for the tickets though it means folk are not visiting the club shop to get them and as the club shop we are the place the tickets should be sold from.
A different outlet would also mean more volunteers to man the outlet where at the club shop we have an established team already to cover the whole week.
They have put in extra hours as previously mentioned, and trust me when I say many many folk have found their way to buy tickets , very limited number left available to buy.

I do understand what folk have been trying to say , however as a volunteer run club I think for the most part a professional service is offered and there are always going to be minor hiccups and inconveniences but for the most part the team have done a pretty damn good job and I am Proud of every one of them

SAFC1879
Team Supported: SAFC

Post by SAFC1879 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 am

Any spares you'll definetly shift on the day ;-)

Was wondering if anyone knew if that beer tent is going to be there this time ?

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:55 am

SAFC1879 wrote:Any spares you'll definetly shift on the day ;-)
Was wondering if anyone knew if that beer tent is going to be there this time ?
Don't know for certain but I would guess the answer is no.There are 2 pubs close by and the bar in the main stand will be open so a couple of liveners will be no problem :thumbup:.Looking forward to a good day.

QuakerRCS
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by QuakerRCS » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Just been to get mine. Suddenly very excited. Found using the shop at Blackwell easier than going to town - as a car driver. Good to see others in there buying their tickets too !

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:44 pm

SAFC1879
Team Supported: SAFC

Post by SAFC1879 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/?p=7442Answer is yes!!
Not sure how the segregation will work like, we got our tickets from Blackwell so presumably that means we have to go in the Darlo turnstile ..although the ticket has no turnstile details etc on it !?!?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 pm

SAFC1879 wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/?p=7442Answer is yes!!
Not sure how the segregation will work like, we got our tickets from Blackwell so presumably that means we have to go in the Darlo turnstile ..although the ticket has no turnstile details etc on it !?!?
Nah I think you go in the appropriate end regardless, lets hope 1000 of you ain't done the same or it will be a tight squeeze, and don't forget no standing on the grass bank please :lol:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Flash flooding expected tomorrow by all accounts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:06 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Flash flooding expected tomorrow by all accounts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would just be our luck :(
FORZA DARLO

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Heavy rain all morning but clearing up

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Can they get the Borini deal through in time for tomorrow!?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:29 am

Just started to rain, ground is very dry so hopefully it will soak in and not run off!!!

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:13 am

quick blog on my darlo ramblings for the week.

http://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... -fixtures/

this one handed typing is a nightmare!

borini has gone through, however cant see him featuring today hopefully the weather holds off as well!

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Live streaming of the match apparently.

http://sportssociable.com/watch-darling ... y-19-2014/