Joe Tait

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:12 am

How many injuries did Weldon have prior to joining us last season?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Bearing in mind we haven't seen him for 6 months and he played centre half when he was here you can forgive me for not remembering which foot he uses primarily. Secondly considering our weakness is at right back. And we have two very good left backs in Leon and Tez I naturally assumed he would fit into the position that needs strengthening.

To suggest I should be ignored is pathetic for a simple mistake. Silly old man.
It wasn't a simple mistake. You made an assumption and you were found out. Because you don't know what you're talking about.

And perhaps you can come up with something more original and grown up than petty name-calling.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:57 am

I think ive put it elsewhere but there is two things i hope we DON'T do formation/player wise next season.

1. Play Gary Brown at RB, he is ok there and has had ok performances but he is not a RB, for me he starts at CB with Hunter, however so far Gray hasnt gone this way in pre season.

2. Play Hatch at CB, we all know he played there for us before with mediocre success, however like Brown he needs to play in his right position up front.
We have 4 players who's natural position is CB, Brown, Hunter, White, Robinson, we don't need Hatch to play their

For me ideally we sign a RB as Walker has never convinced me

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 am

Sidarlo wrote:I think ive put it elsewhere but there is two things i hope we DON'T do formation/player wise next season.

1. Play Gary Brown at RB, he is ok there and has had ok performances but he is not a RB, for me he starts at CB with Hunter, however so far Gray hasnt gone this way in pre season.

2. Play Hatch at CB, we all know he played there for us before with mediocre success, however like Brown he needs to play in his right position up front.
We have 4 players who's natural position is CB, Brown, Hunter, White, Robinson, we don't need Hatch to play their
I agree play players in there correct positions.

I really do not want to see Hatch at CB. People were happy with his performances there when we were scrabbling for players but he was in truth OK and probably better viewed as it was not his natural position. We have 4 players who play there, if they are available then they get first call in my eyes.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 am

Sidarlo wrote:I think ive put it elsewhere but there is two things i hope we DON'T do formation/player wise next season.

For me ideally we sign a RB as Walker has never convinced me
There's some method in playing Gary Brown at right back though if (as looks possible) we're going to end up with very attacking wide midfielders - ie Amar/ Thommo etc.. It might just give us a bit more stability and mean they don't have to be so disciplined in getting back.

Agree on Hatchy, I hope to see him up front. For me, our best run last season came with Hunter/ White as a pair - for my money that is our best CB partnership.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 pm

........ and what about Gary Brown in midfield?? ..... unmitigated disaster and must never be repeated for everyone's sake! .....

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:16 pm

yes !! that is much worse.

Brown is a good player for this level as a defender.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Unless some signings appear in the next couple of weeks the. I fully expect us to start the season with Brown at right back and Walker at left back, with Hunter and hopefully White in the middle. Not sure about anybody else but I'm excited by the prospect of a Portas/Galbraith midfield partnership. Two very good players

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Not sure about anybody else but I'm excited by the prospect of a Portas/Galbraith midfield partnership. Two very good players
James Armstrong also played again for us tonight, along with Adam Mitchell.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:57 am

Do we have any further update on Leon?

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 pm

i think the last leon update was from the forum saying he would back by the end of pre season.

Hopefully he isnt rushed back, but exactly the player we need for the opening two games